Eminem:2nd Biggest Star Ever

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by strykeback24, Feb 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riz

Riz Well-Known Member

^hahahaha I can just see it now.

Block Nigga 1: "Yo, shit is stressful. I've got mad beef, mad niggas wanna kill me over drug wars, man. But I ain't lookin' to go to the pen, man, cuz my baby momma is buggin out on me for some paper to support my seed."
    Block Nigga 2: "Shit is crazy, yo. Life is hard, life is real hard."

*punk drives by bumping "Guilty Conscience"*

Block Nigga 1: "Oh shit, that foo' was bumping Eminem. Get him!"

*pumps the punk full of slugs*

*goes to jail*

*baby momma bugs out*

Block Nigga 1: Yo, that shit was definitely worth it though.
    test
  2. strykeback24

strykeback24 Leader

50 Cent playin no "Game" anymore
    test
  3. strykeback24

strykeback24 Leader

Em is tight man
    test
  4. strykeback24

strykeback24 Leader

test
  5. Ice Fluid

Ice Fluid Flow with the Fluid.

Are you crazy?Nirvana's sales sucked, and then Kurt blew his fuckin' brains out, and then they became popular.
    test
  6. BroadwayJustice

BroadwayJustice New Member

all i can say is fuck album sales if eminem is supposed to be #2 or even more popular for selling 17 million albums. tell me what rank is Jewel who sold over 23 million albums worldwide. As far as record sells go fuck'em. Rap is 200 times more popular now than it was when pac was alive. His and BIGs death (god bless the dead) added to the rap phenom. It gained more attention of suburban america. Also lets look at Elvis one of the biggest artist of all time still worth millions after death also believe by some to still be alive. Tupac also one of the biggest artist of all time almost ten years after his death is still believe to be alive. The news even had a segment asking if tupac was still alive. Let me know how can tupac be a mediocre or unimprotant artist and still captivate the minds of millions young and old, rich and poor. As far as eminem his skills are limited as you can see everytime he drops an album it the same strategy, bullshit sing a long song (gues whos back, just lose it) then something serious (cleaning our my closet, mosh) he is not as creative as everone gives him credit for. He's still a great artist though. But not near as great as Tupac or BIG (god bless the dead).
    test
  7. strykeback24

strykeback24 Leader

i'm a hustla
    test
  8. THEDONN- closed

THEDONN- closed pac and biggie rule 4eva

pac has sold the most record out of any rapper....today yes em is big, but the katz that know of eminem, know about 2pac too...pac still is #1 with the fans...until em passes his sales up, which he will...but it can still be argued that pac is bigger...
    test
  9. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Britney Spears, Jessica Simpson....there is TONS of people in the music industry more popular than Eminem.
    From Elton John to Prince. Eminem is probably barely in the top 50. He dont even have a diamond album yet.
    test
  10. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Shit, Britneys first album is 14x platinum, and her second was 10.

Eminem is huge, and very popular, but to say EVER, you took a huge miss step.
    test
  11. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

test
  12. Trizey

Trizey New Member

Eminem ain't even on Madonna's superstardom level.

He light years away from the big three: Elvis, Beatles, MJ
    test
  13. strykeback24

strykeback24 Leader

---yea you probably right.
    test
  14. reincarnation

reincarnation New Member

i respect all of your opinions.....
    i was wondering...what difference does it make just to be a superstardom status type of thing? what's the difference between rappers and poor and needy people? To me..i think they all the same...they are all special in some way.
    test
  15. strykeback24

strykeback24 Leader

they got more money than poor folks
    test
  16. Topheavyhookjaw

Topheavyhookjaw rap-community.tk

no one is disputing that pac is deeper than eminem, and is certainly a better ARTIST, but a true hip hop head knows that em has skills, and he flat out sells, and to compare him to guys like MJ, paul mcartney, elvis and stuff, give him a few more years, he doesn't have the history, within another 10-15 years at this pace, em will be in the top 5, now he's top 25 musicians only of course, all celebs, he's like top 100 barely...but he'll work his way up there
    test
  17. Butch Coolidge

Butch Coolidge New Member

NO.

Pac was just a good rapper, Em's the greatest of all time.
    test
  18. Marv Butler

Marv Butler New Member

I don't know where some of you get your facts from but 2Pac according to the R.I.A.A. is the highest selling rapper of all time in the US. He's sold at least 36.5 million albums (The number does not include a double platinum single, some platinum singles and some gold ones of which he has a few) as opposed to Eminem's 21 million (probably 25 mill including Encore) in the U.S. alone. It's hard to account for world wide sales as they don't have a single body that accounts for that. Em is not even that much further ahead to Jay Z who's sold 20 mill and Nelly shouldn't be that far behind, because they've been selling in a similar manner since both came on the scene. On the list of top selling artists EM is in the 80's, there loads who've sold more. Shania, Mariah, Janet, U2, Garth Brooks, TLC. And remember people used to sell more in the past than today and Em's selling power is declining.
    test
  19. RawDawg

RawDawg New Member

i rip foes, ill as frick, with a 9 in my hand and a big a$$ d!ck...........detriot player
    test
  20. Conceited One

Conceited One Please Say The Baby

of all time? Definently not.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.