Elzhi vs. Royce

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by -Paper Chase-, Apr 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barnizzle

barnizzle HIP HOP

i think lyrically...both these niggaz cold

but a collabo album would really show whose the better mc
    test
  2. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

props
    test
  3. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

niether is rap, but pro sports are biz so is the rap game
    test
  4. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

And how good you are at the pro sport is based on how good you play it... Royce plays it as well as anyone, once again, IF NOT EVERYONE...
    test
  5. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

on how good you play the game......i.e, set plays, rules etc.........not how good you are, why do you think rafer is the only rucker/and 1 dude in the league?.........the nba looses to and 1 often, so those dudes are better?.........come on, the game is not who you think is best............i know you don'tlike admitting being wrong, niether do i, but you are here no question..........
    test
  6. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

No, you're DEFINITELY wrong... I remember when ESPN had "regular" NBA players going against elite streetballers from (not And 1 but the other league in NY) and the NBA players WAXED 'em... You're wrong about that... NBA players go to Rucker and DOMINATE...

You're wrong... And Royce knows how to "set plays/the rules" as well as anyone in rap... If it was about the technicalities, Royce would be the best in the damn game and the highest selling rapper out now... BUT IT'S NOT... In rap, it's actually the opposite way around... Rap fans want more And 1 (flashy bullshit; not fundamentals/skill).... That's why the rappers who are big are big today.... You're wrong....
    test
  7. MLK_Jr.

MLK_Jr. New Member

why all the basketball references...

And and u can't say all the best players went to the league for 1 the rucker is where streetball player from by and the surrounding areas go its plenty of ocerlooked or turned crack dealers in the d who can ball they just dont give a fuck....

The NBA has great players but every great player didnt make it trust me
    test
  8. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Cuz just like Freebass said, there's more to the NBA than just talent... There are TECHNICAL aspects of balling that majority of streetballers don't have down like NBA players... HENCE, when "decent" NBA players took on some of the best streetballers , the NBA players still one! It's called fundamentals... And Royce has them ALL DOWN.... Once again, rap is And 1 right now... Flashy but not technically good... Royce MAY BE boring TO YOU, but he's like Tim Duncan then... Boring to watch but better than the rest...
    test
  9. Big_Moose

Big_Moose wigger

That analogy is pretty good for the most part, and u make some good points. But rap isn't a sport, it is entertainment, and therefore being boring pretty much ='s failure. Get it? If the goal is to entertain, boredom gets u nowhere. Basketball is different...it is entertainment, but all the players need to do is win and the entertainment is generally driven by their desire to win, although style definitley has it's benefits financially.

Like i said earlier, the ability to entertain and make people give a fuck about what ur sayin is just as important as anything else in rap. Not that i give a fuck what Nelly has to say....but i really dont give a fuck what Royce has to say either, cuz hes boring. Nas is getting boring too, but i love him to death. But when someone like Jay or Em speaks everybody wants to know what the deal is.

And if u want to stick to the broken basketball analogy, the best ever in the game (MJ ofcourse) combined flash and ability which agrees with what i've said all along. U have to have the total package to be considered the best.

But thats just my 2 cents....
    test
  10. MLK_Jr.

MLK_Jr. New Member

if jay spit about walking through a tunnel with a flashlight and Royce spit a song full of good flow I'd rather listen to the jayz adventure

Royce gets wack after a while cause he feels he has to rap bout certain things
    test
  11. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

how good you are at a pro sport is more than how well you are individually.......but you made your point real vague so w/e.........and 1 beat the pro team too........not pros doing well at rucker, of course they will, thats not the point.........you are off ad wrong

and you are smarter, you know that is not what i'm saying.........flash in rap is not the showy shit, technical skills are, no one wants to study a song.........like dude said jordan was the best for doing both things..........thats why jay is the best, he balances technical prowess with comercial appeal...........he plays the game...........royce is amazing, but he has yet to conform to the league, he like hot sauce..........and its not fundamentals for royce........its knowing how to adapt to a dif enviornment..........i have told you this bout royce 100000000000 times but you will never get it, such you will never understand the biz
    test
  12. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I do understand the biz... I understand it 100%... That doesn't mean I have to agree with it... And Tim Duncan isn't arguably thee greatest PF in NBA history ALREADY? Or if not ALREADY, he isn't going to be? He is not flashy whatsoever.... Why is he the best? LOOK AT WHAT HE DOES FROM A TECHNICAL STANDPOINT.... That's why!

Somebody could score 25 ppg but if he shoots 35% from the floor, he's not that great.... Royce scores 30 ppg and shoots over 55%... Royce is on another level from cats spitting... And I disagree about Hov bein' the GOAT... I love Jay-Z but I strongly disagree on him bein' the GOAT... Then what did Eminem do? Eminem sold more than Jay AND IS MORE TECHNICAL (as far as lyrics go)....

I disagree again...

And no, you get the top players in the NBA against the top players in And 1, the top players in the NBA will completely shit on them... The show I was talking about on ESPN or Fox Sports Net (I forget which one) had a team of NBA players (average NBA players - not stars) against the BBC's top players (who are often players who are also on And 1) They played 3 games and who came out on top EACH TIME? NBA players...... C'mon now... THAT'S A FACT.... I saw it with my own eyes...
    test
  13. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

duncan will not ever be.......BILL RUSSEL...............but why are you arguing my point?..........i said its about knowing about how to play in the league.........you said the flashy shit........and watch and 1, hot sauce made marion basically fall and they beat them.........of coarse it wasn't them being better you are becoming retarded............i said the nba is better, but the worst team beats the best team sometimes............

dude being a rapper i hope you can find more coherent analogies...........ppg are like record sales, not andthemc's opinion on liking royce.....lol, why are you contradicting yourself?.........1st its technical, then its not then it is............i explained jay to me is the best cause of the balance between good music and dope content.............em hasn't proven more than 3 albums worth in 4 years...........look now, 10 years later, the most skilled player is hated on more than young boosie...........em is better than royce to me, but this is the game/business, not our opinions..............selling more in a few years means you were good for those years, no standing for 12 years at the top 3.............

stop saying you understand the biz, you most certainly do not.............it is not a shot at you, i only do somewhat, cause i have been trained on it, my opinions went bye bye 2 years ago............you are fighting up hill..........i am wrong sometimes, but not in matters like why royce is not the best in the game.............he is on my all star team, but i voted him not the fans, ya dig yet...............come on, read and leave your opinion aside
    test
  14. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

And no way is Bill Russell the best ever... At this point, it's Karl Malone and then Charles Barkley following behind... By the end of Duncan's career, he WILL be known as the best power forward in NBA history... ESPN has already had columns on their site about Duncan, ARGUABLY, ALREADY being the best ever.... Go look at the numbers.... AND HE'S HAD SUCCESS SO THAT WOULD BE BULLSHIT IF YOU SAID ANYTHING ABOUT RUSSELL'S RINGS (EVEN THO' HE HAS A LOT)...

No... Wow, he made him fall one time... And what? I guarantee you Shawn Marion was shitting on them as well... And it was ONE NBA player with a whole buncha And 1 players against a whole buncha And 1 players... Do you get that? HIS TEAM LOST IT... It wasn't an NBA team vs. an And 1 team... When they did that (and it wasn't just And 1 - it was BBC), the NBA waxed 'em 3 in a row... WTF are you smoking???

Can you read? How the fuck am I contradicting myself... And no, ppg is THE ABILITY TO PUT THE BALL IN THE BASKET EFFICIENTLY.... Royce, as far as spittin', in a metaphoracle way PUTS THE BALL IN THE BASKET AS WELL AS ANYONE... And that's a fuckin' fact and you know it... TECHNICALLY, Royce is as good as anyone... Maybe boring to some, but he's as good as ANYONE EVER...

And how much you sell does not define how good you are... That's where your mindset is all fucked up... Whether you're known or not known, if you're better, YOU ARE BETTER... PERIOD... If some bum on the streets knows how to paint better than Michaelangelo, HE IS BETTER... Whether he is known or he dies of fuckin' starvation with flies in his teeth.... Fuck outta here...

And Em may have only done it in 4 years but those 4 years were the best four years I've ever heard from any rapper... That shit was INCREDIBLE.... AND TECHNICALLY, Em is DEFINITELY a better rapper... And he's had more success in 4 years than Hov has in his career (MUSIC WISE).... Cuz sales is ppg, right? You're winning this argument for me....

It doesn't matter who the fans vote in.... Just because the masses VOTE 50 as an all star or Lil Wayne as an allstar or all time great, doesn't mean they are... ANYONE WITH ANY HIP HOP KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING ON WRITING AND FLOW WILL UNDERSTAND WHAT ROYCE DOES IS AS IMPRESSIVE AS ANYTHING ANY RAPPER HAS EVER DONE AS FAR AS THE TECHNICAL ASPECTS... Once again, maybe boring but I'll bring his name into it AGAIN: Tim Duncan?

And I do understand the biz... WTF you mean? Jason Hill @ Sony Epic used to try to manage me and we'd have sit downs and discuss the entire state of the game... Marketing angles and all that... I JUST DID NOT WANT TO TAKE PART IN IT... He wanted club joints and I DO NOT want to go that route.... After trying so long to push me in that direction, we parted....

I understand what the game is like right now but that does not mean I have to agree with it... WHO IGNORANT RAP FANS THINK IS DOPE (the average rap fan doesn't know anything about rhyming or flow or anything... they know beats and hook) DOES NOT DEFINE WHO IS DOPE.... I REPEAT... THEY DO NOT DEFINE WHO IS REALLY THE GREATEST...

It would be like getting a whole bunch of "average" basketball fans who they rather watch (sales - cuz sales is who they want to listen to)... Duncan or Dwight Howard... A LOT of them rather watch Dwight Howard cuz it may be more exciting to them because he always dunks and does power moves and has a more flashy game. AND YES, he does have a lot of talent. But HE IS NOT BETTER THAN TIM DUNCAN IN ANY SENSE... And I'm not even a Duncan fan but I respect the shit outta him...

And if you can say that Royce is top 5 for you, how the fuck is it so impossible for someone else to think he's 1? You act like I'm calling someone who isn't even top 20 number 1... Royce is ARGUABLY the illest and A TON OF PEOPLE WHO REALLY UNDERSTAND RAPPING will put Royce up there in their top 5 or 3 or whatnot... So how is it so off that I think he is one... Name me a few rappers that have his flow (YOU'VE EVEN ADMITTED HE HAS THE BEST FLOW IN THE GAME) and uses schemes as ornate as his.... Now those are two EXTREMELY important aspects of being a dope rapper, no? Then he mixes in metaphors, charisma, 'n wit to combine to create a dope ass style... He's as polished as they'll come.... Now once again, how is it so off the wall to call him 1 then? You are making no sense... I'm making a hop from 5 to 1.... And he might be higher than 5 EVEN FOR YOU... You just said top 5... So he might be sitting at three... How is it outlandish I have him at one? Well all have different opinions... I have a VERRRRRYYY educated opinion and have him at 1... AND WHAT??!?!?!
    test
  15. MLK_Jr.

MLK_Jr. New Member

lmao at this paper u just wrote your aroyce groupie if he ever saw u he'd run.....he fuck with my stl old heads I'm a have to show him how u be sucking his dick on the net lol i then seen enough maybe he should just read this shit....he might start tearing up lol.......
    test
  16. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

^^^ blah blah blah blah blah............. More stupidity out of you...
    test
  17. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

ok, you are getting real defensive and that is making you loose your grip on things...........i hope

please, for your own good, do not mention barkley and malone being beter than russell, it will save you from sounding stupid.......

i was going to break down everything you wrote, but i decided tahat would be mean and unfair, as you still fail to understand the point........i think you forgot what we were arguing to begin with........

simply me saying the game is the business, and to be good at the game you have to be on top at a business level.........not a good rapper, but a good business minded rapper who can taylor his sound so people will like it............i swear you must block out what i say and things you know of my taste too..........

say this out loud and retype it when you respond............

reread yourself you are still arguing your opinion........until you stop, you will not have a chance to be right cause you are not speaking on the correct topic
    test
  18. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Wow... You're crazy... Do you know how many NBA analyst have Karl Malone on top, as the greatest PF of all-time? U're on drugs... Go check the numbers doggy.... Go watch some of his games.... Du's was INCREDIBLE... And yes, BARKLEY too... Once again, go check the numbers........

And you're ARGUING AN OPINION AS WELL... Malone is EASILY top 3 power forward of all-time... So if someone thinks he's the greatest PF of all-time, he's not wrong... It's opinion... I'm not saying Tyrone Hill is the best power forward of all-time... I'm saying KARL MALONE IS!
    test
  19. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

you are talking about bball still, bring it back to music........you missed the point of my statement...........russell is better in the sense that jay is better.......these things are measurable, both barkley and malone retired with how many combined championships?

...........but leave that alone, it was bad to bring up as an analogy, stick to my point that the rap game is a business...............
    test
  20. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Fuck the rings... Barkley and Malone played in the Jordan era.... And beyond that, PLENTY OF GREATS DON'T WIN RINGS... You're TEAM has to be great for u to win.... And even with a GREAT team, there's plenty of better teams...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.