Eloquent Poet vs. King Tony

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by lpoet, May 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Surreal The A.D. Prophet

Surreal The A.D. Prophet Wondrous Poetic

alright. i was really going to give this to tony. his piece while not on topic, was more striking.

that was because it had less which took from it. the tupac quote almost made me stop reading altogether, and did distract me for the rest of the piecce, but there is more involved in eloquents piece. all i have to say is if eloquent was a little bit more selective with lines, (the concrete line really wasnt even needed,) it wouldnt have been close.
    test
  2. ~Eloquent

~Eloquent Narcissistic....

hmm i still dont see how i quoted tupac....
    i did use the idea of a "rose that grew from concrete"
    that was a book based on a collection of poems that Tupac has written before he was famous
    after he died people that knew him,put together a book based on his poems...
    im not tryin to stir anything up im just sayin i want to know what people meant when they said "I quoted Tupac"
    test
  3. Xero Satsujin

Xero Satsujin OnLy gOd kNoWs oR Goes

It wasn't verbatim, but it was enough for the average reader to catch on. I don't care what lpoet says about my vote, it wasn't bias, I had given tony an idea to write about, and then he changed his poem, but by then I had already replied.

Hell, I was going to vote for you Eloquent Poet due to the first piece that Tony had posted, yours was definitely stronger. But then he posted what's up there now, and I was like, ok, much better...So I gave the vote to Tony...I usually don't even bother changing my mind on things like that, but I liked his just a lil more than I liked yours. Don't get me wrong, yours was straight out fiya, but tony came at it a completely different way...
    test
  4. MANchyld

MANchyld Guest

I liked both of them, but the imagery of Tony and the poetical feel I got from his was better in my opinion

Eloquent had soem nice lines definitely, but I felt some of it was really off. Like a flower is never a fetus, that's some human shit, even tho I understood what he meant... things like that strayed away from the topic to me

Tony didn't follow the topic to closely either, but I was feeling his poetical flow more

Vote: Tony
    test
  5. Anaphora

Anaphora was here

Ok... both of these poems had downfalls... Tony's was the rhyme scheme... rhyming is lame... haha j/p, but four lined stanzas with abab or abcb rhyming is very hard to pull off these days without sounding lame... I wouldn't put this in the lame category, but I think you could've gone without it... Eloquent's poem was brought down by... plain language... or, notsomuch that, but, not picking his words as carefully as poetry normally dictates... if it was prose, then fine, words, and even lines can go by without anything vibrant, or important happening, but poetry needs to make every word count... TuPac? Eh, I'd never know... I won't say I don't like the guy, cuz I don't know him, but what I've heard of his music, not my cup of tea. the idea of a rose growing from concrete though, is a very cliched way of putting 'something beautiful from the ugly... you could've gotten much more creative with it...

Vote: Tony... I don't think it was cut and dry, more of a personal preference to the different types of poems, and quality of craft.
    test
  6. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

Winner=King Tony
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.