Eliminating drums from a sample

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Nitwit, Jul 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nitwit

Nitwit New Member

that's my question, what's a good way to eliminate...as much as possible the drums from a sample...I can fuck with the eq all day but it won't do much good..does anyone have any tips...maybe there's a plugin somewhere or a filter or program or something that I don't know about....thanks
    test
  2. TwistedPlot

TwistedPlot DS3 Crü

Other than EQ, what sometimes works is eliminating the center channel of the recording. This is FAR from perfect, but you can sometimes achieve good results, depending on the recording.

Just as with vocal removal, you will sometimes end up with artifacts that you'll have to EQ out to the best of your abilities. This can sometimes be easier than removing them with just EQ. Also be aware that you MIGHT remove some other sounds that you didn't want to remove. You'll have to experiment.

Another thing you can try (which works REALLY well) is to apply bandpass filters to the sample. This technique allows you to better isolate the frequencies you want to keep, while completely removing those you want to get rid of. As in the above tip, you'll have to experiment, and the outcome will be dependent upon the recording you're working with.

Uno
    test
  3. mic1tharula

mic1tharula 790 verbal

cant be done
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.