Einstein On Religion

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by Yahunyahti, May 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

“The most beautiful emotion we can experience is the mystical. It is the power of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead. To know that what is impenetrable to us really exists, manifesting itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty, which our dull faculties can comprehend only in primitive form – this knowledge, this feeling, is at the center of true religiousness. In this sense, and in this sense only, I belong to the rank of devoutly religious men.”
    Albert Einstein

I'm glad I found this quote today. It is a beautiful Quote and says everything that I was trying to say all this time.

Peace
    test
  2. x - calibur

x - calibur Guest

that is a great quote.

ive heard of him saying that imagination is more important than knowledge, but this is even better
    test
  3. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Funny thing is Einstein has said alot of thing that contradict.

I have never imputed to Nature a purpose or a goal, or anything that could be understood as anthropomorphic. What I see in nature is a magnificent structure that we can comprehend only very imperfectly, and that must fill a thinking person with a feeling of humility. This is a genuinely religious feeling that has nothing to do with mysticism. Albert Einstein

Quote that gets me through the day!
    test
  4. Glasscut360

Glasscut360 Member

This is hot honestly even einstein knows that nature is the most important thing to care for yet we humans suck life out it every day without giving back.. thats sad.. I have a poem coming call "I Cry for the Earth" Call it corny but its serious even ants are being effected nowadays.. Call it what you want but its true..

WE ARE ALL DYING AS CONSUMERS DUE TO CONVENIENCE..
    test
  5. einstein's vision of the universe and god was similar to spinozas
    test
  6. HM@variance

HM@variance New Member

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.