ECW officially dead again

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by Macabre, Jun 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Macabre

Macabre via Fatality

# There was a meeting between Vince McMahon, Kevin Dunn, and Paul Heyman in regards to changes being made with ECW. A decision has been made to move away from all of the old ECW concepts, characters, fans and everything else. Instead, ECW will just be another brand for WWE, simply with the ECW name. In McMahon's eyes, the old ECW fan base is dead and largely gone, and he's going to go forward with things with that in mind. The crowd's behavior at last Saturday's ECW house show really changed his mind on things.

# Paul Heyman was not at the Gorilla Position on Tuesday night as Vince McMahon was the main man running things. Heyman mainly kept to himself over on the sidelines. Although, when someone would come up to him and ask him for feedback, he was open and gave his opinion. Other than that, it was more obvious than ever before that he is no longer the "mad genius behind ECW."

# Several of the old ECW referees are already on the way out.
    test
  2. Little Lotus

Little Lotus New Member

hahaha..

thank God they let wcw r i p
    test
  3. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

wasn't the house show at the old ecw arena in Philly? I read that it was pretty bad, the fans seemed to hate it...

TNA killed at that same place a couple weeks earlier
    test
  4. Little Lotus

Little Lotus New Member

tna is the new ecw

pretty soon all those ecw fans that are back

are going to start watching tna

wwe actually did tna a favor

raven, dudleys, shane douglas, rhino

they've got more guys that are "staples" of ecw

tna could easily lure in the demographic

are you going to watch pussy 100 % scripted wrestling? or you going to watch the company with ballz?

that's absolutely how i'd market it.

tna needs to totally flip it, and not give a fuck... they can either be stuck where they're are at, or worse, die.

go tna!
    test

5. Honestly Bro

I Think I Would Of Rather Seen WCW Come Back Than ECW.. Atleast They Would Of Probaly Had The Same Feel Of WcW, And Thats The Only Company That Can Bring Prestige To 1: The Cruiserweight Title 2: The World Heavyweight Title 3: The United States Title

WcW is the only company that had the cruiser belt on lock i remember some old matches, and that shit was sick... the angle where, if mysterio lost he had to take off his mask, that was one of the most interesting cruiser angles i remember seing in my days of being a wrestling fan..

Plus, Do You Realize The Publicity WWE Would Get If They Brought Back Nitro, And The Nitro Girls? way more than what they got with ecw.. They COULD Put Johny Nitro In Some Sort Of Role, Where He Can Say.. Im Mr Nitro.. Blah Blah..

Also.. WcW Had One Of The Best Tag Team Devisions.. Altho I Do Like How Smackdown, Is Giving The Cruiserweights A Chance To Fued For Them Belts....

wcw wouldnt have the feel of.. why are wwe guys on wcw.? even if wwe guys where on the program, most of them where involved in wcw... most of the wcw guys worth mentioning arent employed by any other company.. only a few are.

plus i could see them hiring all new superstars without the fans feeling akward..
    test
  6. Little Lotus

Little Lotus New Member

nah nah.. I didnt mean Id hate to see wcw back

I meant.. as a big wcw fan.. im glad the wwe didnt bring wcw back just to bury it

even though some people would say. the wcw did a job of it its self

truth be told; yes, wcw would be easier to re-create.. wcw and wwf were more alike than wwf and ecw

not to mention .. they wouldnt have much hiring to do other than:

nash

hall

goldberg

OF COURSE STING

give nash a big check

give hall a beer

give goldberg his respect

and throw a couple of million at sting
    test
  7. Nam Dekan

forget all them and bring back David Arquette, Lash Leroux, Ralphus, Norman Smiley and Mark Madden
    test
  8. i beleive wcw would still be around to this day if they hadnt of start shit with vince
    test
  9. Little Lotus

Little Lotus New Member

i woudlnt mind seeing that.
    test
  10. Nam Dekan

no they would still be around if the company was ran right...too many ego's in that place..all they had was the nWo, and they really never tried to do anything else but that..they didn't really try developing new talent until it was to late...wcw was just a mess..they needed new bookers and to cut a lot of those guys with the big ego's and big paychecks..
    test
  11. Macabre

Macabre via Fatality

It's too much like WWE.

They're basically putting on smackdown shows in front of ECW's loyal fans.
    test
  12. Macabre

Macabre via Fatality

That's basically what the alliance was for.

Not to mention them burying Booker T at Wrestlemania, despite him having a great deal of popularity at that time.

Plus the nwo and Goldberg got shafted pretty hard.
    test
  13. Macabre

Macabre via Fatality

TNA's more like the new WCW to me.

They have a ton of talent, but that talent's usually pushed aside for older guys with egos to get the spotlight.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing someone like Heyman do some booking for TNA, even though he's voiced his opinion on TNA and it wasn't too good. TNA has really shitty booking most of the time.
    test
  14. Little Lotus

Little Lotus New Member

they shouldve done ecw in seasons

make a summer tour

every year after one night stand

do a tour.. go to ecw type places

make a ton of money

instead of bringing it back full-time

it could be a 2-3 months out of the year type of deal
    test
  15. Jay Bones

Jay Bones New Member

Why call it ECW then? This is the type of thing that shows just how much of his own worst enemy Vince McMahon really is. He'd rather try to start a new fanbase with the shit he is showing now than just give the fans what they want in the first place. NOBODY wants to watch the new ECW. If you're gonna invest money in a third brand, why make it exactly the same as the other two? I can understand him realizing he can make a quick buck with ECW but the problem is that these are the most diehard wrestling fans around and pissing them off is only going to hurt his business in the long run.
    test
  16. Little Lotus

Little Lotus New Member

the new ecw.. is basically ovw with tv.
    test
  17. Corey Feldman

Corey Feldman Generalissimo Abzkada

Not yet, but I'm sure that's where it's headed. I don't think the product itself is as far off from the old ECW as people think it is, it's just that it only worked before because of the atmosphere. If you would've put most old ECW shows in front of a Smackdown crowd as a pre- or post-show it would've died too. Just add to that a little McMahon-izing and it's really just sort of there. I think turning it in to a place where they develop new stars will be a big step up from where it is now.
    test
  18. Little Lotus

Little Lotus New Member

i think when people say the NEW ecw was the wwe's answer to tna.. i believe that is true

its gonna be a lot of young guys making a name for them selves.. mixed with i guess old ecw people
    test
  19. Jay Bones

Jay Bones New Member

It's nothing like the old ECW and there's a lot more than a little McMahon-izing going on. The promos are cut differently. The WWE ones are so clearly scripted and worked to fit a television format. The backstage vignettes are WWE all the way. ECW had a lot more participation from the wrestlers themselves. The interviews, commentary, and promos had a lot of inside humor. It challenged the know-it-all Internet fans which the WWE hates doing because then they have to acknowledge them. If you watched the old ECW shows or even their TNN program, they got so much more done in an hour and put on far better matches. Joey Styles sounds like he did on RAW as opposed to the voice of ECW. Have you ever heard him say "Oh My God" once? Have you ever heard him refeer to anything from ECW's past besides titles that a wrestler has held? He's following guidelines from the WWE people and it's obvious. The work ethic isn't there because everyone involved doesn't have the love that they did when they actually worked in ECW. It was there at last year's One Night Stand and for a small part during this year's but every episode of ECW on Sci-Fi has been utter garbage with a match that occasionally looks presentable compared to how lousy the other 85% of the show is.
    test
  20. Macabre

Macabre via Fatality

The WWE style Mike Knox and Test squash matches were about as anti-ECW as it can get.

The product used to be about a bunch of former jobbers trying to steal the show and show how underrated they were, but now it's just RAW style booking with a hint of the old product in Sabu and Van Dam.

But hell, even Sabu's just squashing people.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.