Earning Respect

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by MISSKEYdaQUEEN, Jul 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MISSKEYdaQUEEN

MISSKEYdaQUEEN Watch the black panther..

The poem i did in Poetry Realm (ASSCRACK) got me thinking on some things?

What do you think comes first, respect OR earning respect.

For example, a dude may have full intention on respecting a girl until she walks up to him with her tits out or bending over and showing her asscrack . Then he kinda is like "dayum look at this skank ass broad"

It's the same for dudes..I know when a dude is around and I hear him speaking lewdly and grabbing his crotch he's lost some credibility off RIP!!!

BUT THESE SAME TYPA PEOPLE ALWAYS WANT SOME RESPECT!

but never earn it!!!!!!!

Holla at me. I'm not trying to judge you or whomever, I'm just being realistic.
    test
  2. Fire Cracka

Fire Cracka New Member

Gain respect.

Just like in rap battles.

Nobody gonna respect you until you win battles.

New mc's = easy to beat
    test
  3. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

I think everyone starts off with an assumed level of respect (with me they do, anyway)... their behavior/character can either increase or decrease that level. Even still, I don't go out of my way show people blatant disrespect... even if they do things that I don't think demonstrate that they have respect for themselves. I'm working on not being so judgemental.
    test
  4. MISSKEYdaQUEEN

^^^^^Excellent point. I know i have a tendency to hold onto that first impression which can ultimately be judgemental. it's a habit I've tried to change.

Either way, good point.

@fire Cracka..lol, I see things that way often!
    test
  5. samii so sexii

samii so sexii ..sunkist siren..

Well...when it comes to people I don't know, i am always respectful...even if I don't respect you...

But in my book, as tight-eyes- said earlier, everyone is sorta at a neutral state to begin with...i neither respect or disrespect them. But, certain actions can change how I feel toward that person. But like I said, no matter how I feel toward them, I always try to treat them in a respectful way...

I think everyone should be courteous just because of the simple fact that you can't judge anyone. Just because you see someone with a short skirt, or cleavage exposed doesn't make them a bad person...or if a guy grabs his balls, and is cussing, does that make him less deserving of civility? no one deserves to be treated like they're a bad person...especially not by someone who passed judgement on them after seeing them do something one time, or who hasn't walked a mile in their shoes.

^^ that message was brought to you by the Foundation for a Better Life lol
    test
  6. skandelous_lala

skandelous_lala back from the dead

I'm with Tights as well.

I give everybody the same amount until I decide if they deserve more or less or if they just remain in the netural zone.

I try not to be judgemental but sometimes initial respect is based off of first impressions right away. If somebody gives you a seriously bad first impression..it's very hard to erase that from your memory.
    test
  7. I think that people have different ideas about what will make them liked and earn them respect. For example, the guy who you mention who lost repect for talking lewdly etc has probably been around a group of people who think that he is a cool guy because he acts that way. He may even think that women like what he does. Some women might give him attention for it? As for me, I always try not to judge someone before i've met them so they have my respect from the off on a underlying level, and then I make up my mind whether we could be friends as I get to know them. I think if you make everyone earn your respect before you issue any then you will be stand offish, untrusting and probably won't appear like a friendly person.
    test
  8. on another note, this to me doesn't seem to be something a guy would say about a woman, but what a woman would say about another woman. ( i don't like to generalise) but on the whole, most guys would not find what another woman is wearing such a big deal to make a comment. I have seen it before. Women in the summer not wearing a great deal and other women making a big deal out of it to turn it into a degrading outfit and a provocative one at that, even if its not really that revealing or intentional. So yea I think women judge what other women wear more and use it to make themselves feel more classy and other women more trashy. Its a shame really.
    test
  9. Xcursion

Xcursion Midwest Phenomenon

that's somethin' completely different, nothin' more than a hatred/jealousy case....

it's rarely the clothes that the female wears that'll draw a man to disrespect her(although there are some "you are what you wear" cases), it's her actions....if she comes up to you blatantly throwin' herself at you, then nine times outta ten you're gonna percieve her as a hoe and nothin' more....

THAT'S what she was speakin' on, you misinterpetin' things....
    test
  10. tight-eyes

See, those things don't make me respect people any less... they might demonstrate a certain lack of self respect, IMO... but who am I to judge another person for having "issues"... well all have them. Behaviors that cause me to lose respect for people are when I see them disrespecting other people... not taking care of their kids... bullying other people... humiliating other people in public... taking advantage of others... shit like that... I can't stand that.
    test
  11. MISSKEYdaQUEEN

OK granted but..there was this girl in the club one night w/ like 40 fff's and she had on this LOOOOW cut blouse. I'm sorry. I can't respect that. It's nasty to me. i won't just walk up to her and disrespect her but..I wont say nothing to her.
    test
  12. tight-eyes

Do you usually conversate with other women in the club..? I know you've said before that you hang out in poetry spots and stuff so maybe the occasion arises where you find yourself mingling and conversating with others. Just trying to think of a scenario where they two of you would have to speak to one another, anyway.

I've seen a girl in the club pulling her skirt up around her waist while dancing out on the floor... the guys just crowding around staring, and some reaching out and touching. I stood there with my mouth wiiiiide open. As a human being I still respected her... but as a woman I just felt sorry for her... she was getting straight disrepected, but she seemed to welcome the attention... clearly an issue, because no self-respecting woman would act that way. In that situation I would have spoken to her just like anyone else, like if we'd passed in the bathroom or something... I think its just that I've known so many women and at-risk/abused teenaged girls in my life that I understand the underlying issue there and I can see past its outward manifestation. I don't respect the behavior, but I wouldn't treat her with any less respect.
    test
  13. MISSKEYdaQUEEN

Now, don't get me wrong. I don't just outright disrespect men/women for the sake of it. Regardless. But I do NOT feel sorry for them when they are disrespected. I know all the pschological hooplah that accompanies this behavior also, I've experienced most of it. It's a scapegoat. Plain and simple IMO.

I wouldn't be mean or ignorant but hey..people do things to gain attention. Just like the dudes who grab their crotch on the regular. it's gross. I can't possibly take you too serious if you walk around fondling yourself.

Get yo shiot together and act right (which is all perception...but..)
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.