Early snow caught me by surprise..

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by GaLaTeA, Oct 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

...usually I'll have winter tires on by mid October, not to mention I'd stock up a few extra as well...

...that being said, it's always fun drifting through snowy roads.
    test
  2. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Send me some Gal
    test
  3. GaLaTeA

^Continental with a bow ftw.

Would be easier if you lived in the vicinity.
    test
  4. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

Basically where im from, all weather, and all season tires were not meant to be used and be effective.

those all weather/all seasons arent for real winters. Theyre for wussy mild american winters.

Our winters were cold and icey and they dont do shit. Only saving grace is actually getting winter tires....

but most people cant afford to have 2 sets of tires so we just manage all yr round with our "all weathers" lol
    test
  5. GaLaTeA

^One of the reasons I've always kept those two sets separate.

But there's always going to be an argument based on the price of tires, which doesn't always bare any water. In the long run it's cheaper having two sets (due to wear and tear), than driving with one set all year round.
    test
  6. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

the problem with "cheaper in the long run" is that most people are too poor for this to be true. That only works if you already can afford 2 sets
    test
  7. GaLaTeA

^I've noticed a lot of people having winter tires on all year round around here, which is not a smart move at all. Some leave those on out of laziness, others due to financial problems, or whatever the case may be.

Winter tires on hot asphalt have poorer grip and poorer stability of the vehicle. It's a lot easier for such a car to lose quality in terms of handling, not to mention it also suffers from reduced braking distance.

No bueno.
    test
  8. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

yeah, im not sure why good quality tires arent standard ON every vehicle when you buy them. They say its so we can have a choice, but its not, its so we can contribute to the economy by buying shit

Im just saying most people arent financially stable enough to justify buying 2 sets of tires. Its pay rent on your apt or buy 2 sets of tires. Most people choose rent.
    test
  9. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

:-(..
    test
  10. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

i now live in a city which has mild winters

but it rains a ton. Like 8 out of 10 days so tires that deal with water here are an excellent decision if you can afford them

they say vancouver has the highest incidence of pedestrian/vehicle accidents in canada because of the rain.
    test
  11. GaLaTeA

^Over here new vehicles will automatically come with either Continental/Michelin/Fulda tires (sans winter ones), which will force a person to either grab a winter set or choose all year ones.

Now if one's buying a used car, they're lucky if the winter tires don't come with "bumps2 in them.

But yeah, only nutters would chose new shoes for the car over a roof over their head.
    test
  12. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

well you are right about the winter tires in summer thing, its not really that safe lol

so yeah thats a good reason on why our canadian cars dont come with winter tires haha.
    so they leave us the option to buy them
    test
  13. GaLaTeA

:aww:

Last year's winter was mild to say the least, and the year before that it was a snowmagedon. So it depends really. And since I've moved out of the city to an area that offers serenity, it also means good winter tires are a must. Especially if the roads will be icy.

For some reason people lose all driving sanity when it either rains or snows...so..
    test
  14. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

^^this
    test
  15. WWByeye

WWByeye former White widow

got older version off Uggs that take -40 celsius and winter jacket that cost 100 euros which I`ve never paid of jacket but it`s size xxs and still makes me look fat so I`m prepared
    Fixed all windows and stuff here so I`m well prepared
    I got ready 2 go 2 street last month struggling w my rent
    Now I make a hot chocolate

looking like an Eskimo right now

-Here it snowed last Thursday, my schitzzo ex brought here bugs from some crappy place for sure and I had 2 poison em all

It was snowing the first time which is a heartfull moment 2 me, I`ve always watched it w kids and em have laughed and sung

This time I was screaming "I fucking hate u, now I have 2 poison everyone`s head and it costs fucking 10 euros a head, u pay me, u brought me disease, I hate bugs bu-huu etc" and throwing carpets and clothes out so the bugs would freeze.

Him wasn`t understanding a word (or pretending him didn`t) and shouting back 2 me and tried 2 leave 2 city withouth shoes 2 spread more bugs till him realized it was really snowy.

It was a challenge 2 do that bug treatment 2 my own head as I`ve got a lot of hair (em are just tied most of the time) and I couldn`t use the bathroom which is still under constructions
    test
  16. GaLaTeA

As long as you're prepared for winter, it's all good. But, honestly, better looking fat in xxs than being freezing cold. :)

Winter and snowing always bring back fond memories for me, until I have to deal with the snow in the driveway. But since LMFAO's party anthem came out it became the snow shuffling anthem.

Bugs <<<
    test
  17. WWByeye

WWByeye former White widow

I want money and lights @ balcony
    I probably got some old Xmas lights @ cellar, have 2 check and few lanterns

Uggs>>>>>>Bugs
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.