early Raw thread.

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by chop stick, Dec 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WorstAliasEver

WorstAliasEver Little Lord Fauntleroyce

I feel the exact opposite. In fact, I'm actually glad the Rock didn't show up. His schtick wore thin on me about 6 or 7 years ago. Same with Austin, for the most part. Jericho is quickly losing me too. Which is bad, cause at one point I was a HUGE Jericho supporter.

I suppose the same could be said for HBK and HHH. Except with HBK, I can withstand some of the horrible interviews and cringe-worthy, repetitive spots given his age, and the great matches he's provided over the years. Hell, his awesome overselling vs. Hogan a few years ago has given him a lot of leeway with me.

And HHH, as played out as his juvenile delinquent schtick is, was in some of the best matches of the first half of this decade. And he can still work his ass off if given the right opponent/motivation. Him vs. Hardy might be good.
    test
  2. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

final thoughts....... i thought the show was pretty good.. the part i think that sucked , was how they seemed over whelmed with the star power.. kind of reminds me of the wcw invasion.. too many wrestlers.. not enough time.. a complete loss of direction. a lot of it just seemed thrown together.

a fun idea i had was me putting the show together.. just to show people i can actually do a better job than the current wwe writers.. JUST FOR FUN.. might be something i do tomorrow.

i also understand the whole logic of: we cant give away too much with a big ppv coming up.. still, doesnt stop you from being a little more creative.. regardless, i think most people wouldve paid 30 dollars to see this over orton vs jericho.
    test
  3. DaAlmightyDolla

DaAlmightyDolla Greatness

i fucked up recording it... i only have 3hrs and 5 minutes when i should have added an extra 10 cuz it always runs longer... last thing i saw was vince saying his own name and foleys music playing
    test
  4. Macabre

Macabre via Fatality

I missed it.

I'll give in and dl.
    test
  5. abztrakt

abztrakt the impossible cool.

The Lita/Kane segment might have been my favorite part of the show. THIS IS AKWARD *CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP* I was getting sick of the "DAMN" thing, but now it seems like everyone sees him, knows what's going to happen, and just wants him to get it over with.

Sunny came out AND NOBODY CARED. I bet if she had any shot at a job, she lost it there. I felt kind of sorry for her.

Marty Jannetty came out AND NOBODY CARED. As a result, he was promptly re-hired and fired just on general principle.

If you saw the divas video and heard Sable's awful delivery of "the women who want to be me and the men who came to see me" and don't get why Sunny was infinitely better than her, you're retarded. Also, she's not attractive. Not like "she looks bad compared to hot girls" but she's honestly not attractive at all. She had big boobs and dressed like a whore. That's it.

The Undertaker is an undead demon of the night who's so bad-ass that he MAKES SURE TO HAND HIS COAT AND HAT TO THE PRODUCTION GUY.

I liked Bryan Alvarez's comparison of Austin offering Vince a beer to Lucy holding the football for Charlie Brown.

Overall, I would have to say that the MVP of the show was definitely Pete Gas.
    test
  6. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Johnny Stamboli used to take off his 30lbs pants and then throw them into the crowd... and then the security would come and retrieve it from whoever got struck in the face with them, resulting in a broken nose. THAT WAS BAD ASS.
    test
  7. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

man, i wish we all looked forward to wrestling like this every week : /
    test
  8. abztrakt

Undertaker could learn a thing or two about being a badass from Johnny Stamboli.

Too bad he's the official TNA jobber now.
    test
  9. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

who? [funny]
    test
  10. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Johnny Stamboli AKA RelliK
    test
  11. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

oh yeah, raw did like a 4.4 rating..
    test
  12. abztrakt

RebboJ

And Raw did a 4.4 in its normal time slot, but apparently nobody watched the first hour, which dragged it down to like a 4.1 overall. A one week ratings spike means absolutely nothing though, so there's no reason to get excited over that.
    test
  13. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

i wasnt getting excited, im trying to make it a little more clear that people still want to see Hulk Hogan.
    test
  14. abztrakt

Yeah, and that's why his heavily hyped show in Memphis completely flopped.

Obviously the reason for the high rating was the triumphant return of SKINNER.
    test
  15. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

no, im being serious.. think about it.. foley is always on raw.. when stone cold has been there the rating doesnt go up much.. and i doubt we can attribute lita or trish

i honestly believe it had to do with hogan and the fact a lot of people thought the rock was going to be there.
    test
  16. abztrakt

I think it had more to do with the show seeming special than any one person who was going to be there. It's not very often that anything in WWE seems really special anymore.
    test
  17. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

true enough.

but believe it or not, there are a lot of people who watch wrestling only for Hogan.. my cousin was one.

i wouldnt call them real wrestling fans, but they exist.
    test
  18. abztrakt

Just so everyone knows, the Jillian Christmas album is very very real. It's on iTunes and it's only $1.99. I can't think of a better way to spend two dollars.
    test
  19. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

its a whole album?
    test
  20. abztrakt

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.