E-MU 1212m/ Headphone problem

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Mr. Verbalist, Sep 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Verbalist

Mr. Verbalist How am I doin?

I've had this soundcard for quite a while and I love it, I can operate on it very easily. The only problem is when I record I have to convert a 1/8' jack to 1/4' on my headphones to go out of my L OUT for when I'm tracking/recording...ive tried getting a splitter and it still only comes out of one headphone and the track db level is very weak... i have to go beyond distortion to hear barely anything... is there a substitute to getting a louder signal from my headphones thru the emu-1212m?

I'm also using an M-Audio fast track ultra
    test
  2. Stash

Stash R.I.P Point Game

Why don't you go through your M-Audio hardware?

Honestly I would get a cheap UB Mixer for like 60$, output the mains of the E-MU to the mixer and take my monitor level from the mixers Main Out... Or, don't you have a Stereo/Amp next to your computer? You can connect your card to your stereo/amp and get your headphone monitor out of your stereo directly or amp.
    test
  3. Mellow Madness

Mellow Madness aKa sTaTiK

get a cheap mixer.. problem solved
    test
  4. Mr. Verbalist

Mr. Verbalist How am I doin?

I can use the m-audio, but I have to install the software for it and I have such an old computer they don't make updates that old. lol which is why I use patchmix, so If I get a cheap behringer how would the signal flow go?

Behringer --> M-audio fast track --> E-Mu1212
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.