DZK - Shadowville's Battlefields

Discussion in 'Post Ya Audios & Videos Here! - feedback forum' started by DZK, May 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dockz

Dockz (- -)

Oh My God He Said N1gga!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grow Up!!!!!!
    test
  2. Doza

Doza New Member

y'all mother fuckas need to understand some fuckin history and have enough respect to not say that term which was ment for whites to declare blacks as less than human. That was fuckin shameful. I cant respect that. I dont even think I wanna listen to anymore of your shit.
    test
  3. Doza

Doza New Member

Read some damn books. Dont sit up here and be like you can say whatever you want. 50 million people died off the slaveships alone in slavery not including the other numbers. Fuckin asshole. My people suffered a damn tragedy and that word has deep roots in the beleifs of that period and really whats still goes on today.
    test
  4. KonceptSs

KonceptSs New Member

Fam, you're getting it all twisted. I don't care that you said n********** it's the fact that you said "I don't care if you get offended"...that's not your place to say that....

I will come into your threads..simply because I'm a fan of you and your music....it's that simple...I am not hating...all these young ass kids on here got it all twisted..I'm not pressing the fact that you said N********....just a few of your comments after the fact...that u made in this thread...I myself will never say the word (one - because of all the drama that erupts afterwards, two because every black person I know wouldn't feel comfortable with me saying it)....

Don't think I'm hating on you....you're a beast on the mic...I just didn't like the way you carried it after a few people questioned why you decided to say it....everyone on this board knows you're not racist and knows you didn't mean it in any derogatory way.....

Keep the music coming you crakka

I love you

marry me
    test
  5. Infinite Skillz

Infinite Skillz R.E.A.L. Emcee

The Word Needs To Die

I am a 27 year-old black man. I have friends AND family of many different ethnic and economic backgrounds. I have graduated from an all black school (Morehouse College) and a predominantly white private school (Harding University) in Arkansas. I have been in places where I was the only black person in the room and in others where white people were the minorities. I am a member of a black fraternity (Iota Phi Theta) yet the other active half of my rap group is white. I routinely fellowship in groups where I am the only black person and have often dated outside of my race. I grew up in the same state, Virginia, where DZK currently lives. Virginia is a state where lynchings have occurred within my grandparents lifetime. I'm telling you all this so you know that what I say next has some perspective.

http://www.soundclick.com/util/streamM3U.m3u?ID=856144&q=Hi
    CLICK ON THE SONG ENTITLED - "N Word"
    There is NO place for the N word period. If you are black, you should not say it. If you are white, you should not say it. If you have a pulse, you should not say it. I have said the word before but it has been almost a decade since my last usage. I don't say it because racism is not dead and it reminds me of a part of American society and history that is both disappointing and deplorable. The link above is to a song I wrote and recorded almost two years ago. It is directed to black people asking them to not use the word. I wrote it for just this reason. The word has a potential to cause separation no matter who says it and in what context. I know my views on the subject are not universal. I have argued with my brothers, both blood and fraternal, on the issue and all my friends, regardless of their skin color, know not to use the word in my presence. I make no distinction between ending it in A or R. The song explains all of this.

That being said, I don' t all of a sudden hate DZK or think he sucks. I have met him. He bought me a Mountain Dew and we talked about life and music. We are not close friends but I firmly believe he is not a racist. I am a rap fan and unfortunately I have to hear the word countless times on the CDs I own that feature black artists. If I had my way I would have versions that didn't include it. Any black person who argues that it is ok to say simply because they are black is arguing from a position of ignorance. If the word is foul, it is foul no matter who uses it.

I'm disappointed by his decision to use it but no more disappointed than I am when I hear his songs making fun of Christianity, a religion that helped shape my consciousness. I simply will do with this song what I do with those songs: not listen to it. I voiced my opinion to him on the subject (I apologize for not doing it privately) and now I'm done with it.

DZK is right in saying that it is his choice to use whatever language he wants to in HIS music. He is a grown man. You don't go into a grown man's house and tell him what color to paint it or how low to cut his grass so why would you think music is any different.. It is up to you individually to choose whether or not you listen. Bottom line: DZK is a talented, creative emcee who made a decision I don't agree with. Big deal.
    test
  6. SeanOMatic

SeanOMatic New Member

Hey Drew,

You're like...my *****.
    ---

If I hear another fucking moron on here talk about the word ***** and the abuse of it, I will stab a fucking retarded kid to death with a spork. I hear black people drop cracka, whiteboy, etc. all the fucking time. You know what, who the fuck cares?

What the fuck happened to freedom of speach!? It's a fucking song, not the State Of The Union Address or a Harvard admission paper.
    test
  7. SabastianThe5th

SabastianThe5th New School

Best DZK track in a minute and a half. This track bumps good in the wip. Shit this is my fav track since Lucifers Entertainment.
    test
  8. kaveh

kaveh New Member

yeh this is sickk shit man, feelin the whole production on this joint
    flow is flawless as usuall, love ya structure man..
    everything on point, dont need me to tell you lol
    test
  9. Stable

Stable insolent white devil

i wonder if michael jackson says *****
    test
  10. Stable

Stable insolent white devil

in the day in which black ppl stop sayin the n word im a stop too... dat day wont come tho.
    test
  11. DiSSaster

DiSSaster Theorian Williams

tight in 3d
    test
  12. Noncentz

Noncentz Sieg Heil, M'fer!

This aint bad at all good track... I was hoping it was gonna be on ShadowVille's "Order Of Dracul" .. That beat is just devilsh haha
    test
  13. BZTactics

BZTactics Up and Coming

Very well said, people need to read this post
    test
  14. slantize

slantize Shadowville Productions

Uh-huh. Infinite just defined himself as the typical separatist. The fact that you say 'we shouldn't say the n word' makes the n word even that more negative. Avoiding it doesn't help anyone, it only makes it more 'ooh naughty naughty hush hush' type shit. I thought the whole reason why blacks began to use the word is to break the negative connontations that lie behind the word, just like how homosexuals have begun to call each other fags.

You all take it too your head too seriously. In fact, what right does Dave Chappelle have to say 'ch1nk' on the white supremacist skit. No Asian said a damn thing about it. Now if an Asian person had his own show and said 'n1gga' even in a joke skit....oooh that would cause alot repercussions. What I'm saying is why would it be fair to have one racist word be more no-no than another racist word? All my white friends use the word g00k and ch1nk left and right in front of me, I personally don't give a fuck because they don't use it negatively. But if they say the N word, then OH MY GOD SOMEONE GO CAP THIS FOOL! Stop being so stupid.

You know what, all of you need to stop being a god damn righteous bigheaded 'oh my god this craacker said the n word' ignorant fool and realize the only way we can erase racism is to confront the issue and make these derogatory words completely meaningless by using them in everyday slang, rather as a direct insult. Or we can all keep fuckin each other until we're all the same god damn color. But then we'll start going 'ooooh you called him fat' or whatever, because it is human nature to find flaws in physical appearance and separate what is different.

All of you need to shut the fuck up on this issue and let DZK say whatever he wants. And you know what, he IS right. If you don't like it, STOP listening. You think your arguments are going to influence what he thinks is music?
    test
  15. SlyDawg

SlyDawg aka Antmysta

I argee with what you are saying, the word should not be used at all.I never did understand(probably never will)why people want to use that word.I do understand why it causes so many problems tho.. anyway, i'm not sayin' anymore on the subject in DZK's theard.
    test
  16. The Hex

The Hex New Member

word the n bomb should not be used at all..
    test
  17. Neruk

Neruk Runky Runky

^^^^^
    test
  18. slantize

slantize Shadowville Productions

Yes, but we currently locked our members section site for future registration, for some business reasons.
    test
  19. Ricky_uk

Ricky_uk New Member

slan tize rules...........did u produce that beat 4 dzk..for that kamakzi diss...the 2nd beat by any chance.....
    test
  20. Infinite Skillz

Infinite Skillz R.E.A.L. Emcee

Slant,I suggest you reread my post. I gave my background to show that I have a truly multicultural history, friendship pool, education, and family. There is no possible way I could be a separatist. I am a human being first and a black man second. Because I am a human being who, for the most part tries to respect his fellow man, I choose not to use racial slurs of any kind. Ask DZK if he has ever heard me use one. I don't agree with you that the best way to reduce the negativity surrounding the word is to use it till it has lost its punch. By your argument, murder and rape would be promoted by the justice system until it was so rampant people were no longer apalled by it. Think of how you would feel if someone continuously disrespected your parents. Are you really going to let it go because they do it all the time?

Listen to the link I put in my original post. I bring up an Asian slur as an example because MY Asian friends don't use the words. I guess that our point of view on the issue differs because the social awareness of our personal circle of friends differs and that is fine.

I hope someday we don't have to have this conversation anymore because the word doesn't get used anymore by anyone. For those of you waiting for black people to stop using the word, I just shake my head. Act because you feel it is the right thing to do. Or don't act because you disagree. Be a man. Let your actions be determined by your conscience not the status quo.

I stand by my words and I stand by my song. Thanks to all who agreed with me. I won't be posting on this issue because it is hard to talk about it without sounding self-righteous. And I will be the first to tell you that I am NO saint. I love Hip Hop and I love America because we can have these discussions. Keep listening. Keep creating.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.