DZK & Mars - Poisonous Voices

Discussion in 'Post Ya Audios & Videos Here! - feedback forum' started by DZK, May 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A.T Tha Don

A.T Tha Don HKG..TNM...GAP

test
  2. Blues

Blues New Member

One thing I never got about the horrorcore type cats is..

they paint these gory,debached raps either for the sake of merely 'shocking' people or to express how much they hate themselves and the world in general...

The ones who do it just to 'shock' people prove themselves as one dimensional, one trick ponys..only able to create one type of mood or feel without branching out into other themes because of lack of talent or range....so in the end....after the initial 'shock' of what your saying wears off on the listener..now what do you do?...you hang it up and get a day job that's what you do...the world is now better off..

The ones who do it to express hate of self and what's around them have a more credible stance but now...if you hate the world,yourself THAT MUCH..and only find pleasure in filth...why keep living?...I mean..if your existence is so miserable that you can only glorify and advertise a diseased mentality...wouldnt suicide be the logical conclusion?.....Yet I digress..

Anyway..about the song...artistically speaking..the beat is disposable..all the sounds are toy-like and the composition lacks energy and depth....

The 1st emcee's verse is garbage....all filler nothing but "hey,look at me being shocking and crazy!"...the mental picture I get when listening to dude is a small boy dressed in clown-like garb to get my attention saying "Hey please notice me sir...please think that I'm special!...Please!"....yea, kindly get a day job,stretch....put the mic down.

2nd emcee's verse...voice is better than the 1st..lyrically a little better as well....i'm hearing a heavy emphasis on multis..eh..indeed too much of an emphasis...making the verse sound mechanical...the flow, while on beat...is a little stiff....not everyone's sense of rhythm is great...i'd work on relaxing the delivery up a bit...loosen it up...the 2nd half of the verse lost alotta steam compared to the 1st..i lost whatever interest I had halfway through..

yuck..not feelin this one at all..
    test
  3. New Life Records

New Life Records Active Member

1st dude sounds like a cross between icp & spm, hook is dope, 2nd verse is ill
    test
  4. emcee50killa

emcee50killa New Member

there's like 1 entertaining part, the hook
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.