DZK - I Got A Manager

Discussion in 'Post Ya Audios & Videos Here! - feedback forum' started by DZK, Oct 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pinky'X

Pinky'X New Member

have you really got a manager now coz this shit sounds kinda comical
    test
  2. skittlz

skittlz MotherFucker

i hope your kidding

tracks are gettin redundant man

soundin like slim shady with lyrics and delivery
    test
  3. Dj B Roc

Dj B Roc HEAVYROC MUSIC CEO

so does this mean you can pay me for that oprah beat? woooooo!
    test
  4. 4Dbling

4Dbling Smoking weed > Shooting H

I dont hear the eminem in you

maybe im just not listening deeply enough
    test
  5. Karosene

Karosene MISTERKABEATS.COM

jesus christ dz u still around?

i figured they have u in an insane asylum by now..

shhaaattt
    test
  6. sean maru

sean maru New Member

Can't check the track from the pc I am on but as for the sound card issue I would advise getting an MAUDIO 192. I have owned several maudio cards and they are very solid and the drivers never give me issues. I don't have personal experience with the emu 1212 but I have read a few people bitching about bugs. It will probably come down to your specific system...

Good luck.

sean maru
    test
  7. Unfidelz

Unfidelz Tyrannical Productions

I think your tracks have gotten nothin but better as you've been going along. Can't say I'm really feelin this one too much, but I'm feelin all the other tracks from the new batch (Oprah, Doin Time, etc). As for sounding like Eminem... uh, you're white and you rap, those are the only two similarities I see. I think your shit's way more versatile than his, but whatever. Anyway, how do you get such good quality from your vocal tracks? Sounds professional, man.
    test
  8. SnakeMc

SnakeMc New Member

This was pretty good.

I laughed on some parts. this is my first time listening to you so i gotta say you got some skills.

eminem kinda style to tell the truth with a rough voice IMO.

keep it up.
    test
  9. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

my 1820M wont work on my compaq. hmmmm. maybe its our computers. i just called tech support and they havent helped me yet.

DZ this song is funny. shit was actually done pretty well. i downloaded it. pz
    test
  10. Diztinkt

Diztinkt New Member

LOL@Managers, •••••z All hyped To Get A Manager, Managers Are A Joke, It's A ••••• Who Takes Part Of Your Check For Nothing, Blah, A Manager Is Your First Step To Getting Fucked In The Industry. Good Luck Sonn.
    test
  11. skittlz

skittlz MotherFucker

test
  12. Neruk

Neruk Runky Runky

^ I bet you dont see a single rich and famous rapper that doesnt have a manager
    test
  13. Diztinkt

Diztinkt New Member

^^^I Bet You Dont See a Single Rich And Famous Rapper That Got a Manager When They Were Still Running Their Tracks Around The Internet. It's A Little More Important To Have A Manager LATER ON, It's Still Not Important, Alot Of Artists DON'T Have Managers And Most Underground Artists Don't Have Managers And Make 10x More Money BECAUSE Of It. Managers Are WAY More Trouble Than Their Worth, Trust, I've Turned Down Many Management Opportunities. They're Irrelevant Scavengers That Are Just Out To Rape Upcoming Artists For a Buck, Werd Is Born.
    test
  14. Unfidelz

nah, he ain't got no manager. why would he need one? the real dzk died years ago anyway... you can read the story here.
    test
  15. 4Dbling

4Dbling Smoking weed > Shooting H

atleast he will make a CD finnally
    test
  16. Dockz

Dockz (- -)

lmao@the closer n outro

truly....i give you props on this one....being real
    test
  17. skittlz

skittlz MotherFucker

lmao , like i give a fuck?

i dont like most "rich and famous" rappers

i emcee but will not try to get signed to sell out like a bitch to be an industry slave like some on this site would do....

dont asssume i am tryin to get on mtv next time, but thanks for the reminder i guess?
    test
  18. DZK

DZK DZKonline.net

I'm not sure if you're referring to me... But uh, I used to think the same way until I realized I was being a total faggot. I think it's a young-mentality thing... I make art for everyone (as many people as possible) and even if I sign to a label, the deal is not permanent.

Personally, I wouldn't sign anything that I didn't feel comfortable to signing _JUST TO MAKE MONEY_ ---- (ie: giving up total creative control, etc) isn't that what selling out is?

I'm a very hard-working artist and a very lazy business man. As you can see, I give away 99% of my music for free, I probably have a bigger fan-base than a lot of artists making serious money right now. I need somebody to take care of that. The money is not as important as expansion, a career, and longevity. I have my entire life to make money. I got a girl, I obviously want a family of little DZK's to terrorize planet Earth. I been chilling, having fun, it's time to buckle down.

So, I don't give a fuck if he takes a fee for doing the leg-work of getting me distributed nationally. I'm confident (based on the response on the internet, locally and internationally) -- that I will sell records. So it'd be stupid just to throw all that away because I didn't want to "sell out"

which brings me to:

I think two things.

1. The only people concerned with somebody else "selling out" are people who are either A) Jealous (because of talent, attention, maybe they just think the artist is a dick) -- or B) stupid.

2. Unless you're in the position to "sell out" - you don't get an opinion on "selling out" -- I'm already an artist with a fan base and that shit does not pay the bills. Maybe it's a hobby for you, so of course, you wouldn't "sell out" - music isn't LIFE for you. Personally, I gotta learn the business and I gotta learn it fast, I'm 25. So clearly, negotiating a deal with a dude who was working in the industry when Grandmaster Flash was around... Seems like a pretty smart move at this point, even if some 19 year old kid who barely has been out in the real world, thinks "selling out" is for assholes.

edit: and yo skit, I didn't mean to offend you or anything, you a cool dude, I just been up for like... 249i23029 hours bercause I'm a drug addicted super-rapper
    test
  19. Unfidelz

[​IMG]

"hell yeah, bitch, we GOTSTA get paid"

good post, dz

I'm in the same boat as you... except that I don't have as many fans... and my music isn't near as good... and I have this thing behind my ear that keeps itching... well, that's too much info. pz
    test
  20. Diztinkt

Diztinkt New Member

Blah, Besides The Fac tThat Managers Are Gay And Worthless,,,,Down To The Track.
    The Flow Was Blah At Points, The Beat Was Wack, Lyrics Were Ok Nothing Special. Being Completely Honest, You Really Would Be Better Off Stayin Underground Without A Manager, Touring The U.S. And Getting Your Nationwide Buzz, Independently Distributing A Record And Getting More Profit Than You Would Be Working With A Manager To Get A Deal cuz The Masses Won't Buy This Sonn, No Hate Or Discrimination Involved, Just Speaking Truthfully You Might Have a Fan-Base On The Net Or Whatever And That's Cool But I Can't Honestly Say That You Could Make It To The big Time And Actually Move Units, You Would Get Lost In The Cracks And End Up Getting Dropped If You Are Even Lucky Enough For Them To RELEASE Your First Album. You Should Stay Independent And Say fuck A Manager. Especially I You 25, Sonn, You Already Past Your Window, No Label Is Gonna Sign A 25 Year Old Artist Rapping The Same Way Eminem Was Spittin 5 Years Ago, It's Not Marketable, Teenagers Aren't Gonna Buy The Gimmick. Like I Said, I'm Not Hatin, I Think It's Cool For You I Guess That You Got A Large Net-Fan Base But You Should Use That To Move Independent Units And Make Maximum Profit And If You're Relaly Stoked About This Manager, You Can Have Him Book Shows For You All Across The Country And Get Your Buzz Way High And Be Making Cash Hand Over Fist Off Album Sales Because Less Hands In The Pot = A bigger Slice Of The Pie. Just Some Advice, I've Turned Down Managers And Had Opportunities To Score Deals So I'm Not Just Talkin Out My Ass, The Industry Ain't For You Dawg.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.