dream team vs. redeem team

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by the Prince, Aug 25, 2008.

?

who is the better team?

Poll closed Aug 30, 2008.
  1. dream team

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. redeem team

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the Prince

the Prince New Member

magic retired at the end of 1991 and barely played in the olympics.
    stockton hardly saw playing time as well for the dream team.

the international competition was absolutely pathetic, nothing higher than cba talent

redeem team would have mopped the dream team

[​IMG] radium
    test
  2. the Prince

the Prince New Member

dale davis has good basketball iq, who gives a fuck
    test
  3. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

well the whole thing is an argument about that obviously. pretty much 13 of 15 of those guys are the top 30 players to ever touch a basketball. all i'm saying is that the dream team would beat the redeem team by 30 points.
    test
  4. Radium

Radium f k

who gives a fuck about basketball iq? yeah its comments like that that show how unqualified you are to speak on basketball. you have a fans perspective and nothing more.
    test
  5. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

Just going by the 92 team's "supposed" best lineup against the 08 team's BEST lineup.

The Redeem team had Paul AND Deron Williams AND Jason Kidd. So? OLL @ Stockton making Paul foul out....how'd you pull that one out your ass? How many games did Chris Paul foul out of in the olympics?

And finally there's a difference between not having defense and not being able to guard Player X. John Stockton may have very well been an underrated defender.....there's no way he'd be able to keep up with Chris Paul or Deron Williams.

I played basketball 3 of my 4 years in HS and still play today...that has nothing to do with this argument though. Again since you're still missing the point, Michael Jordan is a better player than Kobe Bryant, LeBron James & Dwyane Wade. All 3 of those guys are better athletes than Jordan.

Please answer this question....how is that me saying athleticism alone makes you better when I'm conceding that Jordan is the best player alive?
    test
  6. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

We're not arguing the same thing then.

test
  7. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

LOL, so I guess Chris Paul has no basketball IQ. This is a guy who has been one of the greatest (actually the greatest) transition from college to NBA PG and has no basketball IQ.

That's how "Stockton would get him to foul out on some dumb shit" [funny]

What a sturdy argument that is [funny]
    test
  8. Mask2MyFace2

Mask2MyFace2 Controversial

for one Ichiro is not shitting on Mays or Henderson are you fucking smoking crack rock? but that's a different story. Doesn't mean he isn't talented or athletic etc. Rickey Henderson played this decade that's not a long time ago...he aint been out the league no more than 5 years...

I didn't say better player either just better athlete. but I would still take Henderson and its not like I'm some old ass nigga either I'm 26 bout to be 27

I didn't say no athletes just none to that caliber. ( I was wrong though because there are a few (peppers, Moss, and Vick) which you stated that I forgot about during the emotion) But one things for sure it's not a whole train of them like you suggest.

I'm a Calvin Johnson fan but he is not up there in terms of pure athleticism and I've seen him in person. Matt Jones? don't make me laugh, Sean Taylor? no fucking way (R.I.P. though), Andre Johnson? nope. Brandon Marshall? Hell to the no. Dwight Freeney? it could be argued. Warren Sapp? I'm on the fence with him. Terrell Owens? Nope, Brian Urlacher? fuck no

I said Moss...but from that list only Julius Peppers and Michael Vick are just completely ridiculous athletes and I'll add Champ Bailey (one of the greatest corners of all time but holds no candle to Deion) (not Ed Reed and I'm a die hard Ed Reed fan and I will fistfight anyone who says he isn't the greatest safety of all time)... but just cause your a great player doesn't mean you're the greatest athlete jus means you're a great player.

you forgot though Deion Sanders & Bo Jackson played multiple professional sports and were excellent in both. No one in your list can even begin to attempt that. And that's simply fact. That's not an opinion.

Deion Sanders revolutionized the game of football...not since nor before has somebody been able to shut down AN ENTIRE SIDE OF THE FIELD. Maybe that's not registering for you. QB's used to not even look that way. In an era with Irving, Rice, Sterling Sharpe, Aikman, Farve, Montana, Young etc. etc. He is the reason for the term lockdown corner. He was running 4.1 in boots and sweatpants. In high school he was all american in 4 sports. (baseball, football, basketball, track). I bet he could still run a 4.4 40 with little problem.

All natural...no supplements, no advanced training regimen, no weightlifting program, no technique tapes and research (his skinny ass wasn't about to tackle anything anyway) just PrimeTime.

im just saying
    test
  9. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

Magic retired cuz of the HIV, not cuz he was physically unable to play at a high level anymore.

Bird had a terrible back, and yes, he was about done.

The Redeem Team would have a very hard time stopping them from scoring, IMO, because they're all mediocre to decent defensively, whereas the Dream Team I would say they're good to great, defensively.

Defense wins championships.
    test
  10. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

damn i don't think i ever seen prince talk so reckless before. somebody must have hacked into his account
    test
  11. wilmer deryou

wilmer deryou New Member

word prince is talking outta of character..i expect piff or double to be this moronic and out of order

becuz he saying the international teams were no better then cba talent..when Croatia had three dudes who were very good in the nba...so he's talking crazy
    test
  12. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

Croatia had 3 good players? Don't tell me you including Toni Kukoc in there? lmafo well ok he was decent but 3? Thats it? Yao,Ginobli,Dirk,Parker,Pau. that starting 5 would whack any starting 5 from international play back then by 70 points
    test
  13. the Prince

the Prince New Member

detlef schrempf and toni kukoc were the star international players the mighty dream team had to extinguish...
    test
  14. Gorilla Nasty

Oh Ok I get it just cause you said so?

It doesn't matter than I watched these dudes in the combines (most anyways). Matt Jones is no fucking athlete, just runs a low 4.3 40, 40+ inch vertical at a measly 6'6" tall. Not athletic at all.

Neither is Mario Williams, what with his 4.6 40, 40+ vertical, at 6'7" and nearly 300 Lbs'. That isn't athletic at all [pus]

Calvin Johnson is athletically a split image of Randy Moss, except he's a little bigger. Urlacher isn't athletic either, he just happens to be the one of the fastest, biggest linebackers ever to play [pus] Dude played fucking Safety in college!!! Neither is Terrell Owens? Probably the best blend ever of strength and speed as well as vertical ever at WR?

Dwight Freeney literally revolutionized the DE position and you're arguing that he's a great athlete? This a DE at 6'1" like 260 Lbs. fucking wrecking havoc, running like a 4.4 at DE and you want to seriously contest his athletic ability?

But I guess you got me on the 2 sport part. But wait a minute, what was Deion's awesome legacy in baseball? That's right he was a fucking buster. What about Bo Jackson? Oh yeah, he was DECENT at best in football and baseball. News flash, almost all of those guys I listed could also be decent basketball players. Owens, Moss, Peppers was a starter at UNC for fucks sake. I'm pretty sure I remember hearing how Freeney was some stud baseball player. Just cause these guys (and their teams) and dumb fuck enough to (let them) play two sports nowadays, they're not as good athletes?

You lose bro, you're retarded. Not only that, you show how much you're a little kid wet behind the ears buying into all sorts of folk stories. Deion could shut down half the field. Guess what, I would LOVE to see Deion go against Terrell Owens so that Owens could block the ball off with his body when he catches it, swat Sanders off of him like a fucking gnat and high step his way 80 yards into the endzone. You really think that Sanders would shut down Randy Moss? Seriously bro, Calvin Johnson and Brandon Marshall would jump up over him, bring it down, make him eat dirt and laugh about it. Deion couldn't even tackle wimpy receivers from back in his day. Now these receivers have like 40 Lbs' on him and like 5".

I find it funny how you can even talk about athletes of that era and not even mention Darell Green though. I guess his PR department wasn't as good as "Bo Knows..." and "Neon Deion"[pus]
    test
  15. Gorilla Nasty

[funny][funny][funny][funny][funny]

Are you serious bro?

Bo Jackson

Los Angeles Raiders (1987-1990)

Career stats
    Rushing Yards 2,782
    Average 5.4
    Touchdowns 16

That's 900 yards and an "excellent" 5.3 TD's per year.

Baseball Career- In 8 seasons:

Batting average .250
    Home runs 141
    Runs batted in 415

That's like 15 HR and 42 RBI's per year. Man that is awesome [funny]
    test
  16. Radium

Radium f k

Mcizoy you stated that the dream could not stop chris paul although they had john stockton one of the best defensive point guards ever (IMO only underneath GP and only then by a shade). your statement about cp3 being unstoppable is simply wrong. You also conveintly dodged my question to you about how 6 foot paul would be able to stop 6'9 magic from literally shooting over him whenever he wanted to and how bad of a style problem that would present in the backcourt for the redeem team.

also your entire argument is at its core saying that athleticism beats slightly lesser athleticism yet clearly superior intelligence/experience/defense. lets get this straight...both teams WERE ATHLETIC despite the dream team being slightly behind. you exaggerate how un-athletic they supposedly were to make your outrageous claim that the redeem team would win just because they were the better athletes seem more valid than it really is.

your argument is dressed up to look flashy and as though your saying something of any real merit. in truth, youre blatantly omitting many facts and blatantly omitting the weak points the redeem team has.

kind of like when you tried to say that barkley couldnt guard kobe...I still wtf at that comment (please explain again why you think barkley (3) would even be guarding kobe(2)? oh thats right to make it seem like kobe (2) couldnt be guarded by anyone.....*cough* jordan (2)...)
    test
  17. Mask2MyFace2

Mask2MyFace2 Controversial

I forgot about this thread but man you are a damn fool. 5.4 yrds a carry is ridiculously high for a starter. Go check career stats for all the greats and you will see what I'm talking about. He avg like 7 yards a carry in college. The only thing was that he got injured. He was a pro bowler.

In baseball he was an all star, matter of fact an all star mvp. Stolen bases, home runs, spectacular catches etc. etc. But injuries halted him.

He is the only athlete to ever be an all star in two PROFESSIONAL sports. Are you not understanding that? MLB & NFL. Sugar Bowl MVP, A Heisman trophy winner, a number one draft pick, Rookie of the year in MLB

He was running 10.1 in the 100 meter dash and was about to be on the USA Olympic Team.
    The fact is that you don't know shit about Bo Jackson so shut the fuck up. lol @ trying to avg the stats.

[youtube]EjO_QfFYV78[/youtube]

Matt Jones at 6'6 jumping a 40 inch vertical is standard..and running a 4.3? Deion was clockin 4.1s with a 40 inch vert at 6'1..so who's better again?...a backup WR who hasn't done shit against athletes of similar caliber who aren't as tall or as athletic as Deion Sanders. It's people on D2 basketball squads just like him. Deion was matched up against Sterling Sharpe, Jerry Rice, Michael Irvin etc. etc.
    Matt fucking Jones? HELL NO. Not even remotely close. Not even maybe. He's a nobody and he's played longer in the NFL than Bo Jackson but everybody knows Bo Jackson. Same with Brandon Marshall are you really serious? Are these guys your homeboys or something? That's just not logical.

Im a Calvin Johnson fan but no he is no split image of Randy Moss wtf are you smoking? and you are getting it twisted I'm not saying they aren't athletic (T.O, Mario williams, Urlacher etc.) but they are not on the upper echelon of athletes such as NEON DEION and Bo Knows Jackson.

I already stated for Bo Jackson, lets get on Deion Sanders. Who played in a world series and numerous super bowls. A pro bowler in football. A starter, though not an All Star, on a team Braves that went to the world series. As I said, All American in 3 sports...track, football, baseball. Who else have you heard of shutting down an entire side of the field? NObody then or now not even the great Champ Bailey. Defensive Player of the Year at CB, 53 interceptions, 19 td's on defense and special teams. Ran a 4.1 forty in his sleep.

Deion played against moss and T.O. and they didn't do shit against him. (he played for the Redskins in 2000 and Ravens in 05 & 06.) He was a starting cornerback at 37 years old for a superbowl contender which is completely absolutely unheard of. He was even leading the league in interceptions in his final year until he got injjured.

Now I'm not knocking athletes today I'm just saying that Deion and Bo Jackson are very special athletes that don't come a dime a dozen and don't come around too often. You are making it like they are just some random niggas and anybody can be an all star in two sports or balance the act of playing two professional sports and actually be good(read amazing) and start in both.

There are some out there today (Michael Vick, Randy Moss, LT and that's about it). Pure natural athleticism...completely amazing athletes
    test
  18. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

calvin johnson is going to be better than moss in a year or two.
    test
  19. double ML

double ML Guest

fuckin' A prince is a fuckin' moron

the original dream team was the greatest basketball team that will ever be assembled
    test
  20. dreddme

dreddme New Member

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.