dream team vs. redeem team

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by the Prince, Aug 25, 2008.

?

who is the better team?

Poll closed Aug 30, 2008.
  1. dream team

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. redeem team

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

^That's what I'm trying to get across Jordan is clearly the best player of all-time I'm not arguing that. These cats are going crazy though if you say someone else might be better than him in ONE aspect of the overall game. Ray Allen is a better shooter than Michael Jordan....let's everyone go crazy and act like I said Jordan never hit a tough shot in his life.
    test
  2. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

lol right. kobe a better shooter than jordan also. jordan never had a 3 ball but his midrange was impeccable
    test
  3. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

Athleticism doesn't show-up in box scores you dumbasses, you watch it.

LeBron isn't MORE athletically-inclined, he is simply bigger with the same athletic prowess.
    test
  4. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

umm being 6'9 260 pounds with the speed,power and springs he has has not been seen before. that is athleticism.... speed and power. Why do u think lebron was so good his rookie year? pure athleticism
    test
  5. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

I'm waiting for Prince to say the 2004 olympic team would destroy them both
    test
  6. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

Former NBA star Kevin Duckworth dies - USATODAY.com

LINCOLN CITY, Ore. — Former Portland Trail Blazers center Kevin Duckworth died while on a trip to the Oregon Coast to host a free basketball clinic. He was 44.
    The Lincoln County sheriff's office confirmed the death. He died Monday.

The 7-foot Duckworth averaged 11.8 points and 5.8 rebounds over 11 seasons in the NBA, helping Portland reach the NBA finals in 1990 and 1992. The two-time All-Star also played for San Antonio, Washington, Milwaukee and the Los Angeles Clippers.

"Kevin will be remembered by fans as one of the most popular and recognizable players to ever wear the Blazers uniform, but to people who knew him, he'll be remembered as one of the warmest and biggest-hearted," Trail Blazers president Larry Miller said.

The Blazers said he was representing the team on a 19-city tour of Oregon.

FIND MORE STORIES IN: Milwaukee | Portland | Vancouver | San Antonio Spurs | Chicago | Los Angeles Clippers | Northern California | Trail Blazers | Harvey | Terry Porter | Clyde Drexler | Lincoln County | Larry Miller | Kermit Washington | Eastern Illinois University | Oregon Coast | Buck Williams | Jerome Kersey
    Duckworth was born in the Chicago suburb of Harvey and drafted by the San Antonio Spurs out of Eastern Illinois University in 1986.

The Spurs traded him that season to the Trail Blazers, where he had his greatest success, playing with Clyde Drexler, Terry Porter, Buck Williams and Jerome Kersey on two Western Conference championship teams.

Duckworth remained in the Portland area after he retired in 1997, doing woodwork, fishing and hunting. He ran a construction company in Northern California for a time, and a restaurant venture in Vancouver, Wash., with former NBA player Kermit Washington went out of business.

The cause of death is unknown at the time, but authorities say he had a website up called RapMusic.com V2.0 and was replying to a blog comment that stated Michael Redd was as athletically gifted as Michael Jordan.
    test
  7. mr madness

mr madness Silly Bitch Say Whaaaaaat

HILARITY NIGGA
    test
  8. Radium

Radium f k

damn r.i.p k. duckworth

*looks in old nike shoebox for kevin duckworth cards*
    test
  9. wilmer deryou

wilmer deryou New Member

lol the celtics didn't have trouble stopping lebron until game 7...but ya no one can stop him hahahahaaha

what did lebron against the spurs ???

jordan=goat
    test
  10. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

Didn't nobody say lebron was better than jordan u idiot. Zone defense wasn't allowed back then anyway. i don't think you morons realize how much harder it is to score when 3 big niggaz jus waiting for you to drive. since lebron has no jumper yet he was fucked. All bron missing is a jumper but dude 6'9 260 he shouldn't even be shooting jumpers but since you can clog the lane shit happens. Lebron at age 23 > Jordan at age 23 biotch and thats fact
    test
  11. the Prince

the Prince New Member

lebron > jordan
    test
  12. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

kids...the best players right now aren't the best players of all time. dream team > redeem team by far. guess what else the dream team did better than the redeem team? rebounding. the redeem team was getting outrebounded by argentina hahaha.
    test
  13. Radium

Radium f k

basically the argument that mcizoy and prince are presenting right now is this:

atheletcism = better at playing baskteball period

not realizing that basketball is so much more than just running fast and jumping high

its a game of the mind. the mental aspect of basketball is so much more impactful than that of the atheltic side. that is why jordan was so dominant because, as micizoy says, he's not the most athloetic player ever. which must mean that he achieves this through guile and cunning....something the dream team had over the redeem team in spades

the dream team vs the redeem team is like....olajuwon vs shaq...intelligence and cunning vs brute strength and raw athleticism

and we all know how that turned out....shaq got his ass turned out.

besides these niggas are acting like the dream team was a bunch of push over athletically speaking...but that doesnt even matter. theyre just steady trying to get you admit that the redeem team is more athletic as if that there instantly proves they would win....

theyre whole argument is based on that lie
    test
  14. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

seriously the shaq vs olajuwon? lol shaq in his prime > olajuwon in his prime. Chris mullin is adam morrison. There was a 7ft Nigga from germany that won mvp in the nba back then? nah there was no talent over there like it is now. Kobe and kidd are already some of the greatest of all time. Lebron,Melo,Wade Howard are all too young. Do you know how good they gonna be in they primes? Game over. In 2012 you will see when lebron and all them be in they prime.
    test
  15. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

Oh God attack of the fucking geezers. I bet half these dudes didn't even watch Jordan that much.

The only place that Dream Team has the Redeem Team is on big men. And that's cause Dwight Howard is a soft ass retard who has no skill.

Other than that, IMO, every other position Redeem Team > Dream Team.

And Shaq and Penny > Shaq and Kobe? WTF how much crack are you smoking man? Not in a million years.

I can't stand how it's always red carpet free pass cause anybody who played with Michael Jordan is the greatest basketball player ever since the dawn of time in the universe. When will people get off of Jordan's nuts? Niggas on his nuts so much that they not only embellish his career/feats, but also the guys who he played against? Please.

Ugghh, bro that era happened already, it's over. Let it go.
    test
  16. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

Clearly this moron is delusional. Ichiro shits all over Mays or Henderson. GTFOH. OK maybe not Henderson, yet. Even that's debatable.

Once again clear as day illustration of how if you played a long time ago you're automatically ASSumed better.

Yeah, you're also right no athletes since Deion Sanders and Bo Jackson [pus]

Except for Calvin Johnson, fuck even Matt Jones, Mario Williams, Adrian Peterson, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Brian Urlacher, Sean Taylor (R.I.P.) Ed Reed, Andre Johnson, Dwight Freeney, Brandon Marshall, Warren Sapp, Julius Peppers, Michael Vick, etc.

Totally right though, no athletes [pus]
    test
  17. Radium

Radium f k

youre just an idiot for thinking that atheletcism is all thats necessary to be good at a sport

plain and simple.
    test
  18. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

atleticism leads to matchup problems was my original point from the start. Chris Paul would blow by Magic every time he wanted to. Same with Kobe with Barkley and LeBron with Bird. Jordan and David Robinson (maybe Ewing too) would be the only guys that may give the 08 team fits trying to contain.

It's clear now that all of you arguing for the 92 team on the basis of those guys entire careers since they've all retired against a bunch of guys with less than half their careers played so far. In 10-15 years when Wade, Kobe, LeBron, Paul, Howard, Williams, Carmelo are done playing most people will by then be able to compare careers (plus competitions careers as well) and see the 08 team is overall superior.
    test
  19. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

This is exactly what I'm talking about. You guys are comparing 15-20 year careers of those guys against the 4-8 year careers of these new guys (Kobe and Kidd being the old guys on the team). How does that work?

You guys are making your own rules as you go along to better help your argument, a clear sign your argument is on it's last legs.
    test
  20. Radium

Radium f k

why would barkley (3) be guarding kobe (2) in the first place? that doesn't even make sense. that would be jordan's role if anyones. mind you, jordan played tremendous D. why would Bird be assigned to guarding Lebron. thats would be Pippen's role if anyones....why are you choosing illogical matchups and then passing it off as the only possible matchups? thats very sly of you.

and...

The dream team had Stock AND Magic. Stock would make CP3 foul out on some dumb shit. I don't want to hear you say Stock had no D? How does cp3 guard Magic (6'9) who could shoot over him at will?

have you ever played basketball before? you're whole athleticism = better argument is one that only a casual fan would have. basketball iq is not even a concept in your mind.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.