dream team vs. redeem team

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by the Prince, Aug 25, 2008.

?

who is the better team?

Poll closed Aug 30, 2008.
  1. dream team

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. redeem team

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fantom

Fantom :ihadadream:

and Jordans most famous shot isn't the shit he hit over Bryon Russell... lmfao...

it's the shot he hit over Crag Ehlo to get to the finals...

kids these days...
    test
  2. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

And who really cares what the intl game calls for, this is Dream Vs. Redeem.

This is a much-debated topic across the net, actually.

Defense wins. And the Dream Team is all defense.
    test
  3. mr madness

mr madness Silly Bitch Say Whaaaaaat

Aiiight, lets get it

The Lakers had the greatest point guard ever, damn near at the top of his game, and Worthy another hall of famer near the top of his game. They also had to beat the Pistons, who also had 2 hall of famers (Thomas, Dumars), and two other players who would beat the shit outta most of these soft ass "post" players. Nigga you think Gasol would score 20 a game on Laimbeer and Rodman. Hell nah. Not to mention they had to go thru Philly and New York. So first championship 6 Hall of Famers (Ewing, Barkley, Magic, Worthy, Thomas, Dumars)

Drexler was a beast, and once again they had to go thru New York, and honestly now that I think about it, that New York team proly coulda beat these SA teams that won rings. They wouldn't have let Ginobli do none of that driving shit, they woulda beat his ass all series. Beside that NY series, they had a pretty easy run to the title. Not as easy as the Lakers in 01 but pretty easy.

Kevin Johnson=Chris Paul: KJ could get to the paint whenever he wanted to, saw the court great and not to mention this:
    [youtube]nqJvGIvWHfI[/youtube]​

Not to mention the Knicks again, the Cavs wit the shot II, and the Hawks wit Nique scoring 30 a game, and Stacey Augmon who was Tashun Prince before Tashun Prince was Tashun Prince.

They also beat, my bad swept the Magic (by the way Shaq and Penny>Shaq and Kobe) and won 70 games. And beat the Heat, who were slowing down games and beating people up. And GP and Kemp were monsters. GP was one of the best defensive point guards ever.

And held the best team in the western conference, to 54 points in a game. If you don't understand that, let me explain.

12 players that got paid to play professional basketball. 1 of them with more assists than anyone else who has EVER got paid to play professional basketball, another with more points than EVERYONE WHO HAS EVER GOT PAID TO PLAY PROFESSIONAL BASKETBALL EXCEPT FOR ONE PERSON. They held them to 54 points in a 48 minute basketball game. So if they hit one shot, they didn't hit another one for two minutes.
    test
  4. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

Lol @ ya'll. Lebron is 6'9 260 and runs the floor like a gazelle. Nobody can guard him now so how could somebody guard him back then? Jordan would get torched by bron easily cuz dude is all muscle and has way too much speed. Dwight Howard is NOWHERE near his prime... matter of fact besides kobe and j-kidd none of them nowhere near they prime. If all these players was in they prime they'd smack the fuck outta the dream team even worse than they would right now. Jordan the g.o.a.t tho i ain't saying nothin bad bout him lol. Oh yea look at all the rule changes! Zone defenses was made to make the game more close and the scores lower and bron and kobe still unstoppable. its a wrapppppppp
    test
  5. Fantom

Fantom :ihadadream:

if you took all the Dream team players in their primes it wouldn't be close...

whats your point?

[dunno]

lmao@ nobody can guard Lebron... I'll give you that, but get him in foul trouble early... with a veteran team like The Dream Team, half the "Redeem Team" would be in foul trouble in the first quarter... Just like Spain had them in foul trouble... Robinson or Malone would get Howard out of the game in the first 10 minutes then proceed to go ape-shit on Bosh and Bloozer...

The game wouldn't be a blowout for either team... it would be a damn good game with an indeterminable outcome...
    test
  6. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

R u fuckin serious with the fouls in the spain game? those whack fouls lol

The dream team was 92 right? Those players were retired a few years later so they were in they prime and those that tried to play on longer(Malone) showed he was past his prime.

Lebron 23,Wade 25,Melo 24,Bosh 24,Paul 22,D Williams 23 i think,Howard 22..Redd,Boozer(he took amare's place cuz amare's knee) and prince irrelevant cuz they ain't play. So besides kobe and j-kidd in the next 8-10 years those players gonna be still playing. They ain't even done developing. I'm not saying those players are better than any of em but the athleticism would be too much to over come. They'd run em ragged and you gotta see that homie.

Barkley was a beast back then but bark was only 6-6 252 pounds in the league lmao. Malone was 6-9 256..... My point? Lebron would be a 4 back in those days and would toast them niggaz cuz he bigger,stronger and faster than both them. Bodies is much bigger and faster now its jus the way it is. In 20 years another team gonna be put together that would destroy the redeem team cuz the athleticism and so on and so on
    test
  7. CaTchW0n

CaTchW0n New Member

lol @ this poll shit is so close and everyone has great points
    But with the game of basketball's style changed so vastly from 1992 to 2008
    dont you think the 2000 Olympic team vs. Redeem team is more debateable??
    cmon Young Vinsanity, Young K.G, Young Ray Allen, Young Duncan
    Young JKidd and Shareef?? 2000 was just as deep and athletic as the Redeem Team
    test
  8. the Prince

the Prince New Member

david robinson needed tim duncan to carry him on his shoulders to a championship
    test
  9. Radium

Radium f k

the fuck?
    test
  10. Radium

Radium f k

the fuck?
    test
  11. Radium

Radium f k

the late 80's bad boy pistons >>>>> the redeem team
    test
  12. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

Wow @ you guys changing the criteria as you go along to help your argument. You can't just assume every player was in their prime to better help your argument, just like you can't change the fact that both teams played under international FIBA rules so why wouldn't they in this hypothetical matchup.

I wish I had to strength to really argue every ridiculous comment I've read since my last post in this thread because it's clear you guys are the nostalgic type. Plus everyone is taking into account the 92 team members entire careers when you should only be looking at their careers up until 1992 (the current players don't have the full careers to compare). Jordan had 2 NBA titles at the time...not 6 and was just entering his prime (ie LeBron & Wade). Magic was playing on a bum knee and didn't even play alot during the Olympics. Same with Bird and his back.

If they played 10 games the Redeem team would win 6/7 of the games by a double digit margin while the Dream Team's 3/4 victories would probably be squeakers.

Oh and Chris Paul right now > Stockton & Magic. He just hasn't played long enough to make it crystal clear to you clowns yet. In fact 08 Jason Kidd is more impactful of a player than Magic Johnson was at the time.
    test
  13. the Prince

the Prince New Member

mccizoy is the truth, can't believe these clowns
    test
  14. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

-How many times did Jordan beat the Pistons in the late 80's? The answer would be zero (0 for 3) which means they couldn't do any worse than Jordan did. LeBron was able to basically single handedly beat a superior Pistons team in the playoffs...Jordan couldn't.

-You're trashing me and saying I don't know basketball because I'm from North Carolina yet you're defending a guy from guess where? I'll meet you halfway and say Jordan looked extremely athletic torching stiffs like Craig Ehlo and John Starks. Michael Redd, Tracy McGrady, Vince Carter, Brandon Roy, Gilbert Arenas are all better athletes than Jordan was. That's how far advanced basketball players (and athletes in general) have come in 10-15 years. None of those particular players are anywhere in Jordan league overall as a player but Kobe and LeBron are a different story and are twice the athlete Jordan was.

Kobe's 62 points in 3 quarters against the Mavs. How about 81 points against the Raptors.

LeBron is 6'8 250 and can play 4 different positions, has 3pt range complimented by a fierce around the rim game.

Wade I'd say is most comparable of the three to Jordan as they both have very similar styles of play.

When has LeBron ever showed that physical play changes his game and he all of a sudden curls up into the fetal position? If anything that'd just motivate him more and he'd end up dominating em even worse than he originally would. And you have the nerve to question what I know about basketball...when you're talking out of your ass trying to shit on the current crop of guys in the league...OLL
    test
  15. Newportz

Newportz Guest

test
  16. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

Lol right. Lebron is 6-9 260 5% body fat (heard it on the news lol) Barkley 6-6 252 mostly fat. A elbow from barkley to bron wouldn't even hurt bron. Its funny to imagine how bad melo would destroy chris mullin
    test
  17. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

The change of the illegal defense rule is HUGE!! ya'll don't understand how much lebron and kobe would average if it was illegal defense still.
    test
  18. Mask2MyFace2

Mask2MyFace2 Controversial

this is the most idiotic thing I've ever read.

Michael Jordan on par with Michael Redd? WTF WTF WTF WTF are you smokin on? Have you ever seen Michael Jordan play? I mean really...off pure athleticism JORDAN was the man. He was flying from the free throw line...over and around any competitor in his way no matter if it was a center (patrick ewing, mutombo, mourning etc.) all getting smashed on in 1992.

they are comparable but that's only because of facilities, training, and technology getting better and with the addition of TV timeouts and the ridiculous notion of managing minutes (if your ass getting 20 million you need to average at least 38-40 minutes a game fuck that). Going by the standard they should be leaps and bounds more athletic.But they aren't. WADE is a pretty amazing athlete as well as LeBron...Kobe is less athletic than Jordan was.

LT is not a better athlete than Jim Brown or Walter Payton...just stop. And for football there has yet to be real athletes since Deion Sanders & Bo Jackson....there hasn't been any since those two to even almost compare.....except for maybe Randy Moss.

ICHIRO a better athlete than Willie Mays?!?!?!?!? just stab yourself...your opinion is invalid... completely ridiculous statements. and Rickey Henderson as an athlete shits all over ICHIRO anyday of the week.
    test
  19. Mask2MyFace2

Mask2MyFace2 Controversial

im the one to emphasize the new over the old anyday but this shit is just flat out wrong.

Jordan was pulling out 60 pointers in the playoffs.
    Jordan was averaging like 38 pts/ game during the playoffs
    Jordan was averaging 30/game like it was nothing every year scoring title it was almost a given...Lebron barely avg. 30 this year
    Jordan won 72 games in one regular season en route to the championship

Kobe & Lebron aint coming anywhere near that total
    That's not saying they aren't good or amazing athletes etc. but its just that Jordan was that good and he was simply way ahead of his time especially athletically.

He could compete with these guys no problem that's why when he came back for the Wizards he was still avg. 20 a game and was like 40 years old (i can't remmeber if the wizards made a playoff run or not but I doubt it)

and don't forget lebron had to bulk up too, he was not 250 when he came into the league and lebron is just naturally bigger than Jordan so of course a little banging wouldn't affect him as much as it would a 195 lb michale jordan
    test
  20. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

lebron came in the league at 6'8 240.... Jordan in the height of his career was 6-6 216. Jordan the goat tho
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.