Drakes Equation - killing ufo theorists

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by TheBigPayback, Nov 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

the thing is though, that once you have proof they can be made by humans, it's a huge leap to suggest that certain ones are made by aliens. why would you jump to that conclusion when you have a much less far-fetched answer staring you in the face?
    test
  2. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

I agree with ya ole Reggie, kinda feels good to agree with you lol
    test
  3. Coup d'état

Sorry to reply to you like this...i understand it's annoying to some

^and to your last statement;

fair enough
    test
  4. reggie jax

lol. no matter how much we fight about evolution, we'll always have crop circles.
    test
  5. Coup d'état

lol you my boy blue
    test
  6. reggie jax

lets start small.

http://astro.berkeley.edu/~gmarcy/sciam.html

given that we know planets orbit stars in our own solar system, and have no reason to suspect that our system is radically different from the rest of the universe, how is this not a sound scientific conclusion?
    test
  7. Coup d'état

Your "heres how it works" article is more of the explanation of the method and how "they do it"...keep that in mind.

Note somethings here: I quoted the article in italics

A gravitational pull that "yanks the star around in a circular or oval path--which mirrors in miniature the planet's orbit" and seeing "it wobbling in a circle whose radius measures only one seventh of one millionth of one degree". Yeah that is some trouble! Thnk about it. For context how mindbogglingly small that observation is recall that "the sun's tiny, circular wobble appears only as big as a quarter viewed from 10,000 kilometers away." That is small and only a short distance away relative to the closest star. Think about it.

"Yet the wobble of the star is also revealed by the Doppler effect of the starlight"

We can get into how the Doppler effect is flawed without it's built in assumptions. I think we gone down this "road" already. The Doppler effect is a joke when keeping in mind that when you try to "detect planets around other stars, measurements must be highly accurate, with errors in stellar velocities below 10 meters per second."

One of the main assumptions in cosmology is that the Doppler effect is responsible for the observed redshift in starlight, because they assume the universe is "expanding"...there are many contradictions.
    test
  8. reggie jax

so you're saying what exactly... that they can't measure it if it's small?

perhaps i should've quoted the next paragraph.
    but i don't recall going down this 'road' before.. what exactly is wrong with the doppler effect?

...it was the other way around. the expanding universe wasn't part of the mainstream scientific consesus when the redshifts were first discovered.
    test
  9. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

yeah, i agree, the evidence suggests its humans, cuz look how easy it is to do...

so you know... lol crop circles...
    test
  10. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

crop circles are more proved than they are not. do the necessary research if you want an opinion to be taken seriously about it. hey, nobody is saying it's definite "aliens", for all us simple-minded human beings know, it could be a number of unknown supernatural things.

"you can bring a donkey to water but you can't make him drink"

#nevergetsplayedout
    test
  11. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

basically.
    test
  12. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss1ajWeY_wc&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    test
  13. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

i started to watch and listen but that voice is annoying as shit. could you kindly give me the gist of the video message? i think i will watch later but right now i don't exactly have the attention span. i'm sincerely not trying to insult or degrade the video, i'd just appreciate a brief description, that's all.
    test
  14. reggie jax

i'm not going to go through trying to debunk this cause i feel it would be a waste of time. but here's my take on what i considered his main claim.

when he says:
    i can only assume he means this (he got the location wrong, this is yet another english crop circle):

[​IMG]

yes, this has 409 circles. yes, it's huge (780 ft in diameter according to wiki). and yes, it's quite nice to look at.

with that said, i'm not sure what measure i'm supposed to use to determine that its 'impossible' for humans to make this (even on a 'cold rainy night'). the pattern in itself doesn't seem at all impossible, and the size is really impressive but not so impressive that i'm willing to start considering supernatural or extraterrestrial causes. no matter how incredible it might seem that humans could cover that much ground in a night unnoticed, it's much more incredible to think we were visited by beings who's chosen method of communication is bending our crops. i do appreciate you pulling up a specific claim to look at, though.

that said.. this, i would love to see:

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.