Drake > Nas

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Twamp, Dec 23, 2013.

?

Who's the better artist, Drake or Nas?

1. Drake

8 vote(s)
    30.8%
  2. Nas

18 vote(s)
    69.2%
  1. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I see what you guys did there.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  2. L u c y

L u c y (Administrator) SWERVE

before you asked - Anita Baker Sweet Love sample

:drakecheese:
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  3. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

I like this too. I think All That I Got is my fav. I wish she woulda been on Song Cry. She bodied that shit @ the Heart Of The City concert. Can't help but love Mary.

Cigar Life on Tapatalk 215
    test
  4. FeedMeMore

FeedMeMore Moderator

Yall are ridiculous and don't realize that Drake is this generations artists. He is like this generations Jay Z I view Kendrick as this generations type of Nas. Drake is a great MC better rapper than most. But he's obviously going for a more commercial outlook on the line. If you can appreciate the commercial marketable rap You can appreciate Drake. Plus Drake with the singing is into more genre bending as he is a mix of rap and R&B

Anyone who says Drake sucks shows they have very little understanding of music in general That opinion isn't even logical
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  5. FeedMeMore

FeedMeMore Moderator

The whole lets hate on the popular rapper syndrome
    test
  6. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

That's my ole head @Ignorant to a T. LOL

test
  7. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

This is bullshit... saying someone sucks is a matter of taste... not logic... you can't judge music empirically... it's always subjective... that's what elitist snobs do.
    test
  8. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Nope... I like Kendrick, Jay Z, Nas, etc... they're all popular... my musical sensibilities have more to do with what connects to me personally... I really don't like Drake's singing... I feel the same way about Cee-Lo, Mos Def and Andre3000... I prefer raw hip hop.
    test
  9. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

Cee-Lo be killing shit though

test
  10. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

He's hit or miss to me... I like what he did here with the Goodie Mob reunion last year, though... I pumped this a lot:

test
  11. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

naw I might not have been clear with how I phrased it, cause I of course know Impact is more broad than sales...I am just saying that this is where many opinions are stated as fact, usually because of how broad and large an influence is....Be fair though, sales and colabs impact very much, just in certain ways
    test
  12. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Sales impact marketing decisions... collabos are usually influenced by sales... everybody wants to do a record with the "HOT" rapper of the moment... not necessarily the most skilled... because doing records with hot rappers influences their sales, as well... sometimes, those collabos are forced upon the artist by the record company... "look, we're gettin' Rick Ross on this record so we can attract so-and-so"...
    test
  13. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

Right and that influences the genre, as well as specific artists....not saying its good or bad, just quantifiable.....
    test
  14. Mel Man

Mel Man Wat ya'll bout to witness

Why you keep mentionin Pac..let go the grudge dogg,,,Pac was great you can't deny that.

I say you a Jay stan cuz you discredit Nas I think because of the Jay beef! and I understand the whole ride or die shit but you still shittin on Nas lol..c'mon,,you gon hate on pac n nas but have drake back

aight
    test
  15. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Illmatic didn't sell very well in the beginning, but it influenced a whole generation of New York emcees... how many people did Hammer influence?

You can't say because somebody sells well that they'll automatically have impact on the styles of other artists... I almost don't even consider copycats and clones "artists"... they don't last.

I see what you're saying, though... but I don't think it's quantifiable in a direct ratio... it's a correlation-causation fallacy... because how do you know the artists who were influenced by Jay Z wouldn't be influenced by him if he never made it big?

Rap music didn't really have numerous platinum artists until the mid '90s... but there were numerous impactful artists prior to that.... the more sales meant the more pop you were and that meant the less hip hop you were... this is why so many say that hip hop is dead... pop is not hip hop.
    test
  16. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

I remember when rap was not in the pop scene so much at all....It was a young genre, and still was finding itself....now it found everyone, and new generations are building from that influence...

selling well doesn't always mean a huge style influence, but it often is tied in...
    test
  17. Be Will

Be Will New Member

this has to be the stupidest sht ever. nas all day.
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  18. Mel Man

Ye ye,,,Kardinal a local legend. K-os is another local cat that broke through with alotta old dope underground shit.

test
  19. Mel Man

ANother t-dot gem for ya Ig, dread is sauk, cap is marvel

and fuck it another,,local group smugglaz a lil more street n raw

all classics
    test
  20. Mel Man

SMugglaz was our Lost Boyz
    test