Drake > Nas

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Twamp, Dec 23, 2013.

?

Who's the better artist, Drake or Nas?

1. Drake

8 vote(s)
    30.8%
  2. Nas

18 vote(s)
    69.2%
  1. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

You think impact is measured by sales and collaborations? That's popularity, not impact.

Impact can be seen in rappers' styles and the lexicon.
    test
  2. Mel Man

Mel Man Wat ya'll bout to witness

I mean Drake came in soundin like a Weezy knockoff no? Ain't even had that Tdot twang in his shit, that was obvious from the jump!

Now he kinda done crafted his own lil style up, but it still ain't fresh to me,,,nor making any valuable contribution or impact to Hip Hop..

N of course he's not the first who started harmonizing nor mixing raps with singing..many have done it before duke,,

Even as recent as Max B, but not on that sucka shit, on that street shit
    test
  3. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I forgot you were from T-Dot... are you a fan of Kardinal Offishal? I used to dig his shit in the early '00s, but I haven't heard much from him lately.

Popularity isn't even entirely up to an artist's control since the machine is so manipulated... you got blacklists and payola filtering what the masses get to consume... so I would give that a very small percentage of an artist' greatness... impact has to receive the most weight... you're great when you change the rules and inspire your own "school of thought" for artists to follow... that's the metric in every genre including sports and other forms of entertainment...
    test
  4. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

@Mel Man my point was saying somebody ain't hip-hop cause they like Drake. Niggas on rm gonna call him wack im use to it. And where did I say Drake was a legend or even deserves to be in the same breath as them? Where did I say he had any kind of game changing apporch? I'll wait.....

And why cause I think Jay is the GOAT I gotta be a stan? But saying Nas is better or still riding Pacs dick after 15 yrs isn't being a stan? LOL Cut it the fuck out bruh.

Cigar Life on Tapatalk 215
    test
  5. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Hey Vulgar, you ever get down with old school Philly hip hop like Steady B., Cool C, Three Times Dope, Jazzy Jeff, etc.?

Philly had a HUGE scene in the '80s.
    test
  6. Louis Armstrong

Louis Armstrong Yeah, it's me nigga

You're right, but we'll only know Drake's true impact 10 years from now when the kids who grew up listening to him will start rapping. Right now, he's got this shit on lock. He's like Pac to these kids.
    test
  7. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

I was a young bul but I remember. I loved Tuff Crew. I was like 5 when they were around.

test
  8. Esoteriq

Esoteriq Worst Behavior

You're a fuckin moron.

You're literally the worst type of "fan" there is. Why haven't you killed yourself yet?
    test
  9. Esoteriq

Esoteriq Worst Behavior

9AM in Dallas (no hook)
    Say What's Real (no hook)
    The Calm (no hook)
    Lord Knows
    Pound Cake/Paris Morton 2
    test
  10. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

I dunno how niggas don't like Lord Knows.

test
  11. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

May have to check those out... my hatred caused me to close my ears to him... I did like what The Lox did to that Pound Cake beat with "Hood Cake."
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  12. Esoteriq

Esoteriq Worst Behavior

I respect you for admitting that man.

I have tried to explain that to people for ages now. Like when I was young and FIRST got into jazz...the first album I heard was strait smooth jazz sax instrumentals. Well, that's the jazz I KNEW I liked, and I felt content to not venture out. I closed myself off to jazz with any singing, classical jazz, acid jazz, guitar, ect.

Later found out that I was completely wrong. As long as people keep an open mind to stuff I don't mind anyone liking or disliking anything. But people post like they clearly don't know what they're talking about and have such a clear as day bias.

Bias = ego.
    test
  13. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Sometimes, there's comfort in hatred, I must admit... lol... but there are times I come around... I used to be the same way with jazz... I didn't like vocal jazz at all, until I got into Billie Holiday... and then Sarah, and then Louis Armstrong... how can anybody appreciate American singing and NOT like Pops? He invented it all. I like Sam Cooke and Sam admitted that Louis was a big inspiration on his style. I'm still finicky, though... I don't like all singing in rap, but some stuff I do like... like when MJB was rippin' hooks in the '90s... or Tekitha and Blue Raspberry on Wu Tang songs. MJB was equally the reason "Can't Knock the Hustle" was so hot.
    test
  14. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

MJB made some classic hip hop jawns. Can't forget All I Need

test
  15. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

She ripped ALL of these:

Which one do you like the best? I still would probably say "Can't Knock the Hustle"... but her vocals along with Ghost's verses on "All That I Got Is You" are a tearjerker.
    test
  16. L u c y

L u c y (Administrator) SWERVE

ITT Ignorant calls Soulja Boy a "respected artist"

test
  17. L u c y

wooooooooooooooooooooooot
    test
  18. Esoteriq

Esoteriq Worst Behavior

I'll see your Soulja Boy and raise you...

• +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  19. L u c y

you 9th wondered me - WIN
    test
  20. L u c y

Phonte kiltt it
    test