Drake & J. Cole spend $888 on Born Sinner albums

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Superman70, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Superman70

Superman70 edited

[​IMG]
    :alliknowisthat:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/n...r-tuesday-kanye-west-leads-j-cole-gets-bigger
    If the Mac Miller is good too, this will be the best album release date ever
    test
  2. Im Technical

Im Technical I got 30 pages of rhymes

I cant tell if hes joking or retarded.
    test
  3. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

Watching that was pretty dope. A glimpse of raps bright future.
    test
  4. Im Technical

Im Technical I got 30 pages of rhymes

It depends what you define as rap.
    test
  5. abztrakt

abztrakt the impossible cool.

Or whether or not you've moved on from the '90s.
    test
  6. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

Cole is easily one of the smartest hip hop minds to come along in a while.
    test
  7. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

i like J. Cole but still always found it interesting that even though he's half black (and half white) he's always had a constant and overuse of the word "nigga" alongside the "African American" theme in his music. i understand the struggle because i've been there before and when i say "there" i mean on the receiving end of racial prejudice and growing up in poverty. but damn Cole, show some love or consideration to your cracker side my dude.

anyone?

anyone?
    test
  8. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

thats dope
    test
  9. Mel Man

Mel Man Wat ya'll bout to witness

Buyin Albums>>>
    test
  10. Kry

Kry Willie Stylus

This has always been happening tho, Hiphop just used to have some resepct for itself and kept this type of shit on the DL. Now we blatantly bite styles, "freestyle" off our cell phones, and go out and buy our own albums and put it on the internet as if it's a respectable thing to do.
    test
  11. D-verse

D-verse No drama

888 $ spent on cd's got him 8000 $ worth of promo for it being reported over the net.

And he still can use the cd's, sell em with merch at tours, or give em aways to friends ect
    test
  12. ThatsNotMyName

ThatsNotMyName The Conquering Lion

It's not like the nigga grew up in Brooklyn, damn Cole and Drake.
    Embrace the african in you but don't forget the caucasian in you. Both of them received more love for their white mothers than their black fathers.
    test
  13. D-verse

D-verse No drama

I'm white an I aprove this.

Ok to be labeled African American but point is you still are half white. We're human's what matters the most.

But if your moms are white well, why not rep white a bit too. You are not black you are half black half white. Well by maerican standards you are "black", trutfully you are also half white, that's a fact.

Everybody (in hiphop) tryina be black like being white is not good too.

All races have wars and racism in their history, we are as good as anyone. Also blacks people were slave owners too, the moors. And white people were slaves too, the irish and Slavic people (I'm very likely of slavic origin as the majority of the population in this country is).

Just cause white people historicaly won the most wars and did the most invasion doesn't make us the worst, Africans had a ton of wars too, it' just that their natural enviourment didn't let them develop as much so they couldn't conquer and invade more.

Spanish / Latino people complaining about whites need to remember that they are mostly spanish, depending on the country, basicaly they got a ton of european blood in them.

AND as they say life started in Africa, my take is it moved to different parts of the world from there and once it hit europe people who were black became trough the generations white, cause (I read) white skin and caucassian features are better suited for the european climate.
    test
  14. Superman70

Superman70 edited

How does one rep being half white if his experience has been as a black man?

I'm not saying it's impossible, just wondering.
    test
  15. Midas WelSunYu

Midas WelSunYu New Member

Truth is all the people do is listen and decide. This nigga thinks that hip-hop is the only music genre effected by low album sales/streams. Someone should let him know its 2013.
    test
  16. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

"I can identify with White people, because I know my mother, her side of the family, who I love. I've had White friends. I know people from high school that I might not have hung out with outside of high school, but I think I got to know them pretty well, so I know they sense of humor. But at the end of the day, I never felt White. I don't know what that feels like. I can identify. But never have I felt like I'm one of them. Not that I wanted to, or tried to, but it just was what it was. I identify more with what I look like, because that's how I got treated. Not necessarily in a negative way. But when you get pulled over by the police, I can't pull out my half-White card. Or if I just meet you on the street, you're not gonna be like, This guy seems half-White." - J Cole

Get over it whitey
    test
  17. ThatsNotMyName

Didn't Cole went to college and Drake grew up in the burbs with a house with a pool?

How is that the 'black' experience?
    test
  18. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

So blks don't live in the burbs with pools and go to college?
    test
  19. ThatsNotMyName

You know what I meant dude, don't act dumb...
    test
  20. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

Don't say dumb shit then.
    test