Dope Singing/Mixing ... Come PEEP! Tell Me What You Think

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Mr. Verbalist, May 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaotic33

Kaotic33 Owns You

^ i did that with a marshall mxl v67 and an m-audio dmp3 preamp lol i dont have any recordings up with my new setup (roland & shure)

ill do some samples and post them sometime

for the compression... which do you use... solid state... tube 1... tube 2 etc
    test
  2. Mr. Verbalist

Mr. Verbalist How am I doin?

Meiosis I don't use presets for reverbs. Well, I make my own then save them and may use them later. You just have to mess with the settings. I use trueverb on my diamond wave plug-ins but reverb on CEP are fine. I'd say start with "Nice Presence" reverb then mess with the settings to your liking, because that reverb is a bit too big to me. Make the room smaller and mess with the "echoey." Until you get the sound you want.
    test
  3. Kaotic33

Kaotic33 Owns You

test
  4. A-Twizzie

A-Twizzie New Member

pretty dope. the only thing i really dont like is the reverb, a lil to much for my blood. but yea its mixed dope.
    test
  5. AllOrNothinEnt

AllOrNothinEnt Retired from Rapmusic.com

I agree, the beat isn't mastered, thus making this recording lacking.
    Vocal wise, I thought it was great, 2db too high for me, but as far as the reverb on it, I felt it, great sound.
    test
  6. Damian Banner

Damian Banner New Member

Dis Was Pure Hotness My N!gger
    test
  7. Mr. Verbalist

That's just what I like for singers, adding bigger reverbs. Thanks everybody for the feed.
    Kaotic your shit sounds good with the KSM32, MMP-2, And E-MU. Do a track with your new equip and mix everything then let me listen.
    test
  8. P Grizz

P Grizz PGrizz.Com

big reverbs for singers are GOLD...esp. for beats like this. I wouldnt recommend using the same type-a shit for rapping tho unless the beat is very full. Dont worry about the beat not being mastered. u can send it to be mastered even tho I dont like the mixin' of the beat, but it'll sound better mastered.

and dont lie to Kaotic lol...his shit should sound a lot better than what it does.

and WORD at the EQ time issue. Sometimes it takes me a couple minutes to EQ a track..sometimes it'll take me a lot longer...whatever it takes to make it sound good w/o over EQ'n it.

Good mix..I was LOOKIN for something to hate on Verb....u gave me NOTHING lol...

the only thing I woulda personally did different is when she repeated the main vocals during the verse..I woulda put an echo on that repeat. Good shit
    test
  9. KhanDST

KhanDST New Member

yo truthfully, i think ppl are complaining bout the beat but i have no prob with it, im using rp5s also. i think this mix is perfect, makes me jealous haha
    test
  10. Mr. Verbalist

Word, Thanks. Just keep reading and asking questions and your mixes will get better. :)
    I used to suck dick swab's before I started to read and shit. The best way to learn is : Bug AON!
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.