dont ya'll get frustrated makin beats on one monitor??

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by urban_tactics, Jan 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

u bastard gimme those NS10s Im not gonna ask u again
    test
  2. noVa ProductionZ

noVa ProductionZ RS7K 4 LIFE!!! MPC BLOWS!

test
  3. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Jsut wondering, why do u got 2 Sets of Monitor Speakers?
    test
  4. noVa ProductionZ

i have 3 and one is just a set of sony hifi speakers,

you never heard of cross referencing?

my music may sound brilliant on my old pair of moinitors but absolutely horrid on the NS10's and on the hifi speakers so i switch backwards anf forwards between the 3 sets in order to gain a happy median between all three then ill go downstairs wack it on the set of Heybrook hifi speakers then ill wack it on in my kitchen using the custom made bookshelf speakers then iull go bump it in the car.

just cos it sounds good on your speakers doesn;t mean it will sound good on others!

but generally if i can get it to sound good on the NS10's i know it will sound good on other speakers, but still good to check.
    test
  5. noVa ProductionZ

and plus if im playing battlefield 2 man the artillery noise and guns shots might damage my ns10 tweeters and their quite expensive so i use a hifi for normal pc use
    test
  6. Mr. sickVisionz

Mr. sickVisionz The Gentleman's Producer

Its not so much money, but alota people probally don't have the physical space on their desks to implement multiple monitors. Thats the thing that stops me from getting one.

Its wild to hear people actually kinda bashing the idea of 2 monitors. I know years ago I found myself constantly switching windows and dragging shit from being on top of another window. Its even worse now that i'm deeper involved in music making and do more things... which fill my one screen up even more.
    test
  7. LANSTARR

LANSTARR -[ The Sage ]-

I been on this for the past 4 years... its finally becoming standard. bout to upgrade to 3 now
    test
  8. StoneWarrior68

StoneWarrior68 New Member

I've read several people, starting with you, say the same thing. I hate "minimizing and maximizing windows" so 2 monitors works better for me. It supports my point that this is a not only a matter of preference, but also a matter of computer skills. I never minimize and maximize windows because I hate it as much as the next man, but I also know how to manage my windows without having minimize or maximize windows. If you had better computer skills, then the need for two monitors might seem, "less mandatory". But you don't so you post nonsense that you believe the rest of us must be in the same predicament.

The company I work for is a multi-million dollar business and there are more computer workstations than you can count. None of them are dual monitor setups and no even cares to have one even though they all run a multitude of applications simultaneously, all day long. Do you wonder why they seem to manage so well with a single monitor (mostly 20" cinemas) while you "need" dual monitors? I know why. Because these are experienced professionals who've been doing it for longer than you've used a computer, and you're inexperienced. You just seem to be happy to have dual monitors and wanting to share it with the world. So I'm really happy for you if that makes you feel better.

But if you want to go on believing that everyone who doesn't have a dual monitor setup is frustrated as you stated originally, then go right ahead, I don't mind. Meanwhile, I will go on comfortably working well on a single monitor. But do let us know when you come to the conclusion that you get more work done by adding a 3rd monitor and how amazed you are that people can actually get anything done with only 2. Should be interesting.

Now like you said, I'll leave it alone.
    test
  9. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

wtf kinda desk cant hold 2 monitors?

do u live in a fuckin treehouse or somethin?
    test
  10. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

lol...homey i'm network+, security +, and A+ certified as of now...and currently workin on my CCNA....lets not talk about computer skills, you're reaching as of now.....lol@ "computer skills".....hilarious....

I never minimize and maximize windows because I hate it as much as the next man,
    lol@ "computer skills" again.....homey PLEASE, you're reaching ONCE again, having an extrememly efficient setup has NOTHING to do with not having "computer skills"...its just common fuckin sense......but u seem to not get it at all......anybody can click a fuckin box or cascade a window.....but you're fulla shit to tell me u work more effieciently at multitaskin on ONE monitor than u would on TWO......straight fulla shit......

more than likely i could fill out an application and become your supervisor...stop it lil boy, you dont kno a DAMN thing about computers, you're prolly a fuckin lobby ambassador aka RECEPTIONIST thats sittin around successful ppl and you start to feel like ur included...until somebody snaps u out of your dream when they ask u to "call a cab for jake"

once again...you're fulla shit.
    test
  11. noVa ProductionZ

i still stand by the fact the people attacking dual monitor setups havn't tried it.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.