dont ya'll get frustrated makin beats on one monitor??

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by urban_tactics, Jan 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlaZeDemBeaTz

BlaZeDemBeaTz 5 Letters - YMCMB

chuuuurch
    test
  2. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

man i tried that shit and i cannot work that shit while im high. shit is just.. dunno i be faded all the time and using to monitors is to complicated for a nigga while he faded.
    test
  3. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

lmao...homey said "minimize" like its some equal alternative

thats how i kno some of ya'll are makin mouse melodies and aint got no control consoles or nothin

i have a MOUSEFREE setup....which means everything is controlled thru my console or my keyboard

it may be good for ya'll to click on boxes and move faders wit ya mouse....but not I, so do what u do homeys...but dont knock it just cuz u THINK ur comfortable

its like the bitch that stay wit the nigga that beat her ass everyday, she thinks she wont find nothin better, she think that nigga loves her and she scared to leave

thats how ya'll are wit ya setup...battered bitches scared to leave.....
    test
  4. Money Greene

Money Greene Da Man-Da Myth-Da Legend

overrated
    test
  5. Arkane Beats

Arkane Beats www.arkanebeats.com

lmaoo get the fuck outta here

I quoted J Magic and i wasnt even the only one, so u calling me out as an instigator is ironic, because all I did was give my opinion, it's u who is makin all these weak allegations about my value to a fuckin internet message board
    test
  6. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

damn thats kinda big i wouldnt go that far but i would say that people is closed minded not just this site either but just people in general and most dont adapt to change that well or they completely embrace it but most wont accept it and this is the case here. remember this is a forum filled with people who wont buy their beloved Fruity Loops which is the same price ur talkin bout spending not knocking them in anyway but when u say things to people u gotta know ur audience and I could have told u that the people here for the most part are too stubborn to change. i wouldnt take it as a shot to u if they knock it Id personally just say fuck it and let the ones who like it appriciate it. keep droppin gems they will get it sooner or later
    test
  7. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

but I do love her but that bitch better have my dinner ready when I get home or its on j.k
    i agree wit what ur sayin but i think they were beaten into confusion
    test
  8. urban_tactics

lmao@ beaten into confusion.....
    test
  9. Mighty GK

Mighty GK omg 2012

man..girls are dumb as fuck in general

the fact that they base their musical taste off the fact if they would fuck the dude or not says a LOT...

and also if I was a bitch..even IF I was a bitch..the moment somebody lays a hand on me is a WAKE UP CALL! dumb sluts

as far as 2 monitors...beat making and mixing are 2 seperate processes for me...sometimes I don't even mix down the beat myself so yea...2 monitors are dope tho I just don't have money to toss into that right now..gotta get some other things first.
    test
  10. 7thSense

7thSense New Member

would you like some salt with those nuts?
    test
  11. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

smh. Its not bein on his nuts kuz I think the same way he does. Hes said shit that I havent agreed with also hes just usually on point. Now hop off the dick ur mom hates waiting.
    test
  12. kojo

kojo New Member

yo urb, keep droppin tips homie, as long as theres some cats out there appreciating this shit its all good. Im an IT cat by day myself and im gonna try that shit with my laptop. dudes must be cheap as fuck, u can get monitors for free nowadays, we even have ours destroyed instead of giving em away cuz everyone and their momma got one, i got like 5 in my garage LOL.
    test
  13. MagicDonJuan

MagicDonJuan Active Member

u can cop a real shitty one for free at ur recycling plant
    sometimes they got old ones that still work but peopel got new computers
    test
  14. urban_tactics

ignore him, thats another wong alias, i called him out a week ago, might aswell put him on ignore......
    test
  15. StoneWarrior68

StoneWarrior68 New Member

LOL. It ain't about what they cost, it's about the ridiculous idea that anybody actually "needs" two or more. Like I said, I'm a graphic artist and I routinely run 5 or more applications all at the same time and jump back and forth between them all, constantly. I do this COMFORTABLY, EASILY AND HAPPILY, with a single monitor. I've been doing this for over a decade. Now Urban comes along and says, "I don't see how yall can do it, it must be frustrating dealing with a single monitor". Other than giving cats lessons on how to best get around on computers and Cubase windowsets, etc, I don't know what else to say. Cats up in here talking about people are closed minded. If somebody was struggling to get around with a single monitor, then I can see how they would reach the conclusion that they need another monitor, but those of us who know how to get around quickly on a single monitor are closed minded?

I once read that Timbaland said he doesn't want to learn to play keyboards. No doubt, this is one closed minded fool for sure, right?
    test
  16. Riott

Riott Electronic Media

i don't like to get on debates over forums much, i just look around at all the actual "useful" stuff, but ima have to jump in on this one...

I've done graphics for awhile now as well, not over a decade, but let's say roughly 4 years. Going from Photoshop to ImageReady to Flash, maybe over into After Effects, and yes at one time even Maya when i tried it out (I hated that shit though, too confusing for me.) It posed me NO problem to switch back and forth between windows at all. But its different with music.

I just started about a year ago with this music shit, and i HATE minimizing and maximizing all these windows with plug-ins, different programs, mixer views, etc. So two monitors would be VERY NICE for someone like me, its my preference. I feel that i want to check out my mixing console (since its digital), while looking back at some of the other audio tracks, etc. and making adjustments as needed.

Urb isn't trying to say people who don't use a dual monitor set-up are closed minded. He's simply stating that he feels it gives him a greater workflow for creativity and ease of use. If people do fine with one monitor, then so be it. The only closed minded individuals in this thread are those that keep saying a second monitor makes NO difference. Not that they would have to like the double monitor setup, but the more gear that allows for space and workflow, the better off. Of course if you're cramped for space like some people, then get used to using one. There IS a reason that studios have at least two monitor setups, some have three, four, five, projectors, etc.

So get off Urb's back to everyone that likes to shoot comments, he was just giving an honest opinion about something that DEALS WITH AUDIO PRODUCTION, not beat-making, they're two different things.

sorry for the rambling
    test
  17. urban_tactics

stonewarrior your arguement is extrememly weak, okay?

just stop, thank you.
    test
  18. noVa ProductionZ

noVa ProductionZ RS7K 4 LIFE!!! MPC BLOWS!

ROFL

"Going from Photoshop to ImageReady"

you sir are bullshitting.

[​IMG]

i will never go back. seriously the people against dual screens obviously aint tried it its seriously alot easier and less time consuming.
    test
  19. Money Greene

Money Greene Da Man-Da Myth-Da Legend

truth
    test
  20. urban_tactics

whats gayer than minimizing REASON to open up the shortcut to cubase 3....lol
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.