dont ya'll get frustrated makin beats on one monitor??

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by urban_tactics, Jan 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

how do ya'll do that shit?

i cant do that shit man, i feel sorry for ya'll....especially usin shit like rewire....i kno that shit gotta be frustratin than a mafucka

if u got a spare monitor layin around, cop u a video card and double em up man....this is 2006, if u makin music wit one monitor, i feel bad for u son.......
    test
  2. EXPLICIT-06

EXPLICIT-06 fuck you

i dont get how that would work?
    test
  3. urban_tactics

lol....

alotta folks dont realize that windows allows u too have 2 or 3 monitors connected together

u dont need no special video card

just install the new video card...hook up the monitor and then go in your display properties and set up which one is the main one and which one is the secondary one

sometimes u might end up havin IRQ conflicts, but u can go in your bios and fix that

man they sell video cards for 20 bucks...
    test
  4. StoneWarrior68

StoneWarrior68 New Member

LOL. Come on bro. A monitor, any monitor, any size is an absolute luxury compared to the tiny displays still available on a piece of hardware in 2006 yet hardware is responsible for nearly all of the electronic/pop music made in recent history. "Monitors" and computer made music is relatively recent in the grand scheme of things".

On another note, I don't feel like I'm missing anything by not having two monitors. I do like the idea of having a larger single monitor, but I have no interest in two monitors.
    test
  5. urban_tactics

man.........

what the hell are you talkin about?
    test
  6. Riott

Riott Electronic Media

^^ haha

i'm grabbin a video card. most likely, and a new monitor. but in FutureMusic Mag i did see that single output with two monitors hooked into one for like 900 bucks, which i thought was a cool idea, along with the 3 monitors hooked up as one as well. but i need to save some money before i do that.
    test
  7. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

I gotta small ass laptop...
    [​IMG]
    What I do is hook up a Regular Size Touch Screen LCD screen for Reason thru the USB port, and I use the laptops screen for Recording Vocals and Trackig Beats in Nuendo...I ain't really an engineer thats why i do it on that small ass screen...I just save the session to DVD-R and give to a real engineer to work with

What's cool bout the Touch Screen LCD USB is that....it's touch screen. so i can hit the pads in Redrum/Rason (instead of mouse clickin)...without the need for a trigger finger or MPD

Im waitin in the mail for some lil rubber pads, so i can hit the pads hard without worryin bout crackin the damn screen
    test
  8. Arkane Beats

Arkane Beats www.arkanebeats.com

^ lol, thats a dope idea but my hands are conditioned for doin drums on my mpd's rock solid pads so i'd prolly bust a hole in my lcd

back to the subject tho, I think having two monitors is the gift and the curse

It's dope because reason is practically made for a dual monitor setup, and all that space is liberating

but the flip side is, if u are ever in a situation where u can only work on one monitor u will feel cramped as shit, and i dont know about yall but that fucks me up alot creatively
    test
  9. Phoenix5891

Phoenix5891 T.S.K.

Whats the big deal?

I don't even have the desktop space for that anyway tho...
    test
  10. DjayCasper

DjayCasper Eh Fuck It.

i dont even have room for that shit lol
    at first i thought u meant monitors, like speakers im like...what the hell? haha
    test
  11. -GZ-

-GZ- Posts Unfunny Pics

i thought he was talkin bout speakers too...i was like "damn, that would be kinda hard"...but i manage my FL on one monitor. plus, if I rewire reason through it, I use this nifty function called "minimize". its real helpful
    test
  12. urban_tactics

lmao @ thinkin i was talkin bout speakers

lmao@ usin ONE monitor

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

wow@ the way ya'll interpret the shit i say
    test
  13. urban_tactics

if u cant fit 2 flat screens on ur desk....then i dont kno what to tell u
    test
  14. DjayCasper

DjayCasper Eh Fuck It.

haha yeah flat screens, but im workin with one of them joints that got a bigger ass than ki toy.
    test
  15. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

i found 1 for $40
    test
  16. YB MUZiK

YB MUZiK Active Member

I'm good with one.. chea.
    test
  17. StoneWarrior68

StoneWarrior68 New Member

I'm saying your post is pretty ridiculous. Nobody needs 2 monitors, it's purely a luxury.
    test
  18. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

That's like sayin......

"Ey WTF we need a gun for, we could just use our 14th century ass Bow and Arrows, guns are purely luxury"

the Fuck u still gotta 8 track in ya whip for? It's 2005, atleast get a damn Cd player. Niggas got DVD Players in the Headrest...

If u go on the Patchwerk website (one of the biggest studios in Atalnta), youll see they got 4 Monitors hook up to one PC...Just for Editing in protools.

Even if i Was a Mostly Hardware user, and used Software 4 a few things, id still want 2 monitors.
    test
  19. urban_tactics

homey u can buy a used monitor for 45 dollars

and cop a video card for 20

thats not a luxury in my book

any grown ass man wit a job can achieve this.......

be realistic.........
    test
  20. 7thSense

7thSense New Member

you're beyond help if you couldn't understand his post. You see lil fella, many people make tracks on a triton or mpc with those tiny displays, us folks with computers have much more screen space than they do, so we are doing okay. Does that help you sonny?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.