Dont Spend more than 120.00 for SWEET QUALITY

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by cocoapebble, Sep 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cocoapebble

cocoapebble New Member

asdfasdf

samseed... finally someone who walks the talk and has audio to back his shit.... finally someone who aint just comming to this site to type and type and type hate...

shit sounded way better than other wack shit ive heard round here... has alot to do with style to though.
    test
  2. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

come on man, we all know that, but the mix can still make or break a song...
    test
  3. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

and i aint saying that shit sounds amazing cause i know it doesnt...
    test
  4. ijustneedhelp

ijustneedhelp New Member

asdf

Honestly though,,, I dont think I could ever justify spending the amount of money all that equipment cost for vocals just to sound like that,, cuzz that is like 50 times more expensive and the quality difference from the mxl and behringer isnt that far off..

id say those vocals are like a 6.4 outa ten (maybe, if that)...... the mxl and behringer like a 4.8...

a ten would be dr dres shit...... a 1 would be hmmmm verbys shit.
    test
  5. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

that shit was recored on a 2500 dollar set up in an open room with poor acuostics...and like i said, they dont sound that great, i know that...plus i tracked them out myself and that isnt really what i do, if someone who knows more about tracking did that it, and if it was done in an isolation booth, it would have sounded much better...just tryin to make a point...the shit you use makes a difference....makes a huge difference
    test
  6. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

imma say those vocals are a 6 out of ten, but they might sound better when the mix is done, but the mxl and behringer is more like a 2.5 at most, and that other shit that was posted was like a 3.5 maybe 4
    test
  7. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

heres a vocal snippet recored at this other spot...recorded in an isolation booth on a u87, into an avolon pre (forget which one, its white with purple lights) into a motu 828mkII into digital preformer...setup is roughly 6-7k...but again the vocals arent from the acutal mix, just something that i put togehter to post...

http://s30.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0T2ASHIWH87C01313JULX5D4I4
    test
  8. War Machine

War Machine Sam Antics

^^u talkin about mine too? mine was at3035/digi 002r/bellari r••03
    test
  9. ijustneedhelp

ijustneedhelp New Member

alright.. that 7 thousand dollar settup i will give a 9.5 for quality... props 4 real
    test
  10. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

would you say the point was made? well to drive it home even more ill put up the the raw vocals in a bit, that way you can hear just the equipment difference
    test
  11. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

i dont know....was i? i have to listen again, i think i was talking about that track that arcane did at his studio, but that might have been another thread...i forgot what i listend to....
    test
  12. ijustneedhelp

ijustneedhelp New Member

thank you... raw vocals would help...
    test
  13. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

you do realize that there's nothing useful for vocals under around 200-250, right?
    test
  14. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

This track was recorded using an ssl 4000E into pro tools, mixed in my studio (not the one with the ssl)
    test
  15. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

ha! naw man, that aint true at all...only time that i see nothing useful in that range is with female singers, particularly sopranos, believe me when i say this, i know what im talking about....and no offense (although it is a personal statment, and youll probably take it the wrong way), but it sounds like you have yet to get your hands dirty with this mixing thang. the vocals dont sound bad on that track, they sound kinda thin and cheap, id say about a 5 out of ten, but id have to hear the raw vocals to compare it with in order to really say. im uploading raw vocals to yousendit right now
    test
  16. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

test
  17. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

test
  18. ijustneedhelp

ijustneedhelp New Member

yea raw vocals 1 is the shit.. definetly on some studio shit right there.. he he shits on arcanes studio MASTERED MIXED tracks... his shit does sound tiny and thin...( like his u know wut)
    test
  19. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

oh and tomarrow ill post raw vocals of shit that was recorded in studio A at the quad in nyc, so that you can have an reference of what industry standard equipment sounds like
    test
  20. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

how would a soprano singer, who typically sings really HIGH notes, have useful low frequencies? baseing concert A (a3) at 440hz, and seeing as how a soprano's lowest note is aproximatly an octave higher (880hz), i really, really dont think that you could find anything useful that low...MAYBE on a bass singer, but even thats doubtful

i've been mixing pro audio for 7 years, i've done three groups albums all of which get radio play and i've done easily 800 live gigs since i started at the age of 13. I can upload the raw vocals if you want, they aren't thin at all.

trust me, the only thing below 200 on a vocal track will be low frequency rumble from things such as streetcars or leakage from other instruments (ie. bass, kick drum, other low octave instruments)

first of all, my tracks arent mastered

secondly, the only thing about me thats tiny and thin is my tolerance for retards that make everything into a world class pissing contest, and trust me, i can piss longer, farther and harder than you can, kid

raw vocals from that track:
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=354691&songID=2902235

sorry if I dont splatter them with reverb like you people, but I actually like shit to be able to be understood
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.