Battle Video DON'T FLOP - [CHECKPOINT] - TONY D vs CHARLIE CLIPS

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by samgrafix, May 25, 2013.

?

Who do you think won?

1. Tony D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Charlie Clips

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mike Rigs

Mike Rigs Active Member

:funny: he had this look on his face like he thought he was getting away with something too.
    test
  2. TonyMahoney

TonyMahoney Member

Clips is trash..once u take away the performance, delivery etc all you're left with is weak bars. Tony slipped up here and there but still killed him bar for bar
    test
  3. Oscar Wilde

Oscar Wilde Well-Known Member

lmfao Bagnall has the best reaction game.. his face was throwing all sorts of shapes in this battle
    test
  4. SpaceCadet

SpaceCadet Active Member

"The British are coming! The British are coming! But History is proving the British are nothing!"
    test
  5. wizworld

wizworld How can you be mad at me?

Terms like "bar for bar" are really trendy now but the fact remains top shelf performance & delivery kill poorly performed "bars" every time. Text battles might be more your speed.
    test
  6. The Mage BTM

The Mage BTM Well-Known Member

Smh is this even worth a watch?

I'm not a huge fan of either cat tbh
    test
  7. SpaceCadet

SpaceCadet Active Member

Quoted for truth.

If you say the dopest sh!t with a sh!tty delivery...Hitman Holla will still kill you. Same with Clips, Math, etc...
    test
  8. PieMans

PieMans Member

Why would you want to watch it then?
    test
  9. JesusOfRap

JesusOfRap DO SOMETHING FOOL

good afternoon. thankz
    test
  10. TonyMahoney

TonyMahoney Member

I hear you and performance is a big part no doubt, I just think it allows a lot of these rappers to get away with murder content wise
    test
  11. You People

You People Active Member

This was horrible. I can't ever really get with Tony's corny wordplay, and this was the first time I've seen Clips who was either not arsed or is just straight-up wack.
    test
  12. The Crate

The Crate Zero Star

I feel you on a lot of levels, Clips is just ight to me most of the time, I feel like Clips really hasn't gotten any better since Tay Roc which was dope, but that was also some years back. I think I pretty much seen all dude has to offer.

I've only seen Tony D twice now and I can't rock with him at all.

With that said I watched this joint for the hell of it, Clips smoked dude easy, Tony remains garbage. No replay value
    test
  13. You People

You People Active Member

:hmmmm:
    test
  14. wizworld

wizworld How can you be mad at me?

I don't completely understand the "getting away with murder" thing. If the people who paid to see you live are entertained by your performance then you did your job. If you wrote amazing bars and failed to perform them in an enjoyable fashion then you did not do your job. That's why Diz will always be in demand, that's why Clips will always be in demand. Some people who went to this event were raving about Clips performance. It's been said many a time that Clips is amazing live & doesn't translate to camera particularly well. I'm not making excuses for him, just pointing out it's the people who are watching for FREE on youtube that seem to be dissatisfied.
    test
  15. Shapey Fiend

Shapey Fiend New Member

Think peoples expectations are a bit silly. Not everybody is good at remembering 10 minutes of material. In the couple of shitty battles I did I found remembering 3 minutes a fucking nightmare.

I really liked how Tony wrote this one. Incorporated some URL things and flipped them his own way. Delivery wasn't bad. Just lost his rhythm a few times. When you're getting these big reactions in strange places, then none where other punchlines end it can throw off your timing.

Clips lost his place a couple of times but it was after doing stuff like insulting the dude behind Tony really well. Having people talking at you and freestyling it back at them is really impressive.

Every event you're going to have ones that don't come off perfect. But if you want perfect delivery the whole way then listen to recorded tracks. It's a fucking live event. You go back a couple of years and very few Don't Flop battles were anywhere near this standard.
    test
  16. TonyMahoney

TonyMahoney Member

If i was there I would have said the same thing I'm saying now. The majority of the dont flop crowd react because other people react..look at that crowd, do they look like hip hop heads to you? They didn't catch half of what Tony said. They're rappers, not stand up comedians..Clips verses were garbage, that freestyle in the 3d was trash, but because he delivered it well it should get a pass?
    test
  17. necrolyricyst

necrolyricyst Member

tony gets alot of hate considering half of the battlers who use far cornier punch lines and get better reactions on here. can't change sheep mentality i guess but tony's bars far outweigh anything i ever heard oshea/shotty do yet somehow they get a pass.. (refrains from pulling the race card but yeah)
    test
  18. FreshAIG

FreshAIG Active Member

Tony had dope bars. Charlie still won
    test
  19. queensnyc

queensnyc MoveBirdsLikeAnnaPaquin

feel like charlie managed to almost give eurgh his moneys worth... bc he can freestyle his way out of a corner. he deserves credit bc some cant free outta wet paper bag but cmon son write your rounds you fat slob. tony d had some shit voted on him by accident but clips took it. his first was dope and the long rebuttal was smooth as fuck.

dope battle overall esp bc that atmosphere over in DF is crazy
    test
  20. PJ Sumroc

PJ Sumroc Ozone/Chi-town/Stump town

Damn surprised at the response..I actually enjoyed this. Thought Clips got it
    test