|DON'T FLOP| - [BITW5] - CRUGER Vs TRUTH

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by CRUGER, Dec 22, 2011.

?

Who do you think won?

1. Cruger

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Truth

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MattPORTLAND

MattPORTLAND Well-Known Member

Lee sounded like he might consider battling in a post but he doesn't seem that interested in it. Monsters completely done though I think.
    test
  2. TheAak

TheAak Well-Known Member

yup .. in fact, pretty much everything cruger said about his performance, hype, and let down was true

Truth even did the react to his own line that gets no reaction, right after Cruger told him that's what he does lol ... he tried to play if off, though
    test
  3. TheAak

TheAak Well-Known Member

I think he used to be good to them when Freestyles ran the world ... but I think that he hasn't figured out how to write in a written battle .. when you first start it can take a few tries before you realize that its not like Freestyle battle

some freestyle expert write there rhymes thinking they are going to be afforded the same recognition for poor setups and structure as they would in freestyle

what they haven't realized yet is that there's an instincual leeway given when people believe that what your saying is being made up as you say or moments before you said it ... your written battle don't get the same leniency cause .. you had days or more to think of that bullshit

edit:
    same shit would happen if Super Nat or somebody came back to battle
    test
  4. RegularJoe

RegularJoe Well-Known Member

Straight up, Cruger is far and away the best British battler at it right now, and one of the better battlers in the world.

Most natural delivery in battle rap.
    test
  5. RegularJoe

RegularJoe Well-Known Member

Here are the things I enjoy about watching Cruger battle in an itemized list:

- He always picks interesting, original and well executed concepts. Even when using material that is not as sharp or specific as his best character assassination bars (such as Laura Tarsi or the start of his third about Truth's hype and potential) he still finds a way to execute a concept like a long neck in an original way with his wordplay and patterns.

- His structure is unbelievable. When he went into the bit about how Truth stretches his bars, he carried that scheme with ease while still proving a point about how useless it is to stay in that setup-setup-setup-punchline format. That was like, a structural tutorial on the idea of structure. Fucking meta bro.

- He never appears to be forced. He's comfortable as fuck. He goes out there and spits his bars with an easygoing confidence that is just swagged the fuck out. He knows his shit is good, he doesn't have to dress it up with anything other than his own personality and rhythm.

- He's irreverent, different, original, creative ... whatever the fuck you want to call it.

- He's white. As a white Canadian battle fan, it is important I include this in my list in order to justify stereotypes about our fanbase.
    test
  6. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

Lee and Truth had a 2 vs 2 booked and Lee vs Nishi was supposed to go down, but both fell through.

Honestly, Lee Scott put Truth in a bodybag, Illmac put that in a bodybag and Cruger threw it in a river.
    test
  7. Parabola

Parabola New Member

Yeah, with the last couple battles Cruger has solidified himself as the best in the UK right now..always coming with clever angles.
    test
  8. nottaproblem

nottaproblem New Member

Cruger has to be next inline for the title shot, he's dufflebagged brehs with the most casual style ever.
    test
  9. TheAak

TheAak Well-Known Member

are you talking about Don't Flop Championship?? didn't know they had one

I wonder what Cruger would do with a title match in KOTD ... he's been over there, at least twice and won both times, right?? ... against Jack and Charron ... one more, I think he should get the title shot

that would be crazy cross promotion for both leagues, whom seem to work closely together, anyway
    test
  10. nottaproblem

nottaproblem New Member

Yeah the first DF one is Oshea vs Sensa in Leeds I think

Yeah to be honest Cruger has got a list of international scalps now so why not. KOTD need to select about 8 rappers to battle their way for a title shot and Cruger would be a good choice.
    test
  11. Iverson_Fan

Iverson_Fan Member

Damn Cruger killed it, Truth was cool in the 2nd tho.
    test
  12. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

Cruger vs Caustic would work well IMO, there isn't really anybody with the same style as him in my opinion which is part of what makes him so good.
    test
  13. DeathProof

DeathProof Past zooted.

They gave Jack the win.
    test
  14. Spacelab

Spacelab Well-Known Member

Cruger vs CL

[​IMG]
    test
  15. Bookbag Jimmy

Bookbag Jimmy 2 birds on 1 stove

test
  16. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

Nice link nerd bird

Ain't Monster not battling for personal reasons to do with his girlfriend? That's pretty understandable tbh.
    test
  17. WhatBombs

WhatBombs Member

Cruger is pretty dominant
    test
  18. God of rap

God of rap Active Member

One sided.

Lol @ the head ice line. wtf?
    test
  19. TradeMark310

TradeMark310 Tunk vs Lux

Wait, this battle has a 5 star rating right now?

Please.

Cruger was good, but it wasn't his best, and Truth was blah.

This gets five stars around here?
    test
  20. Jordyvision

Jordyvision Member

this was a dope battle.

truth redeemed himself vs Diz.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.