"Don't Cha" want let someone else sing my song?

Discussion in 'The R&B Haven' started by GEMiNiXtCy, Jun 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GEMiNiXtCy

GEMiNiXtCy Caribbean Vibe

I know this song has been played in the clubs for awhile however I just recently saw a video for it on Bet. It was being sung by the Pussycat Dolls and Busta was featured. I didn't get why Tori Alamaze's song was being marketed by the Pussycat Dolls and not her. I saw an article with her in Vibe a few months ago, she's pretty so why couldn't she make the video? Well I was told that Universal owned the song therefore they chose to let the group release it on their upcoming album as well and make the video even though it was supposed to be on Tori's album.

What you think about this? Is this a normal practice in the industry? Is it a race issue meaning some exec thought there were too many African American R n B singers coming out and already out therefore let's give it to the group consisting of Caucasion, Asian, and Latin girls?
    test
  2. Mask2MyFace2

Mask2MyFace2 Controversial

that was some bullshit if you ask me....
    that was Tori Alamaze song and then the Pussycat Dolls & Busta Rhymez completely butchered and commercialized it. Their version has no rawness to it. I seen a glimpse of that video and it looked like they were skating or some shit with all these disco colors. I was like 'WTF is this? Tori Alamaze is a group of young girls about 12? This must be the remix!?" Then the credits came on it was Pussycat dolls...I was like who the fuck is THAT? This song can't be used in strip clubs anymore (actually it can) but I just got that image in my head.
    test
  3. Blankk Page

Blankk Page New Member

Tori Alamaze's was way better if you ask me. Some trashy girl featuring a rapper still couldn't top hers. That's messed up.
    test
  4. The Jeus

The Jeus _________

the way i hear it told the girl who is the singer in the video was one of the singers from the failed group eden's crush made on the wb show popstars
    test
  5. MISSKEYdaQUEEN

MISSKEYdaQUEEN Watch the black panther..

^^^Yeah she is. I honestly don't know too much about the songs politics. I know I like the song either way...My 2 CENTS...
    test
  6. Short2003

Short2003 AbsoluteHotness

test
  7. GEMiNiXtCy

GEMiNiXtCy Caribbean Vibe

I knew I recognized the lead "singer" from pussycat dolls from somewhere...eden's crush, i would not have remembered that. Now the pussycat dolls used to perform out here at the roxy, and celebs sometimes joined in like christina aguilera and carmen electra. However no one wants to buy a damn album from them. I especially wouldn't now after fucking up Tori's song, her version was much better, theirs is pop tart. The 2 versions do sound similar but I knew it wasn't Tori's version cause of the voice.
    test
  8. Short2003

Short2003 AbsoluteHotness

I cant even really tell the difference between the 2 songs unless the version I got from Ares said it was Tori but it actually wasnt.. [dunno] Im not familiar with her music.
    test
  9. MISSKEYdaQUEEN

MISSKEYdaQUEEN Watch the black panther..

test
  10. Hidden_Poetry

Hidden_Poetry New Member

I didn't think this was the same pussycat dolls as the celeb ones? I thought this was an actual pop group or somethin??? [dunno]

I know that the song is pretty catchy. Reguardless of who does it. It's gettin old for me now tho...played everywhere. :/
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.