donovan mcnabb supports mike vick

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by double ML, Aug 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. double ML

double ML Guest

Donovan McNabb: I'm a Mike Vick Supporter
    Posted Aug 2nd 2007 2:56PM by Michael David Smith

Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb has come forward to say he's still supporting Falcons quarterback Michael Vick, who's indefinitely suspended from the NFL and facing a federal indictment.

"I'm a supporter of Vick," McNabb said Tuesday at Lehigh University. "That's because I'm a good friend of his and also we're guys that obviously compete to win the Super Bowl. We push each other. Now, I don't know exactly what happened in that situation, and I think for all of us that have read over the stuff that was over the Internet, the report, you look at it as kind of like, 'Wow, you've got your so-called friends and family members turning their back on you now to make their situation better.' They're throwing you under the bus so that they can clean their name. That's unfortunate. That goes to show, I always have a saying that I've always lived by: If you can't trust family, who can you trust? It's an unfortunate situation, and I just hope everything works out well for him where he can get back out on the field."

Presumably McNabb is referring to Vick's former friend Tony Taylor and cousin Davon Boddie when he suggests that Vick's friends and family members are turning their back on him to clean their names. But his opinion doesn't make much sense. Taylor isn't clearing his own name; he's confessing to a crime and agreeing to cooperate with prosecutors.

So far, despite the strong case prosecutors seem to have against Vick, the closest any NFL player has come to saying that Vick himself is responsible for the situation he's in is Deion Sanders, who said Vick has a passion for dog fighting. Sanders was subsequently muzzled.

i really wanted to title this thread "i'm black and stupid; so i'ma gonna support someone else who's black and stupid", but fewer ppl might check it out then[funny]

and bwahahahahaha@the deion/muzzle line[funny]

priceless.
    test
  2. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

Regardless of if Vick did it or not...it would definitely be a bitch move for McNabb to speak against him, especially with them being friends. Personally, the dog fighting thing doesn't hit close to home, so I don't feel as bad about it. If you look at how Jay-Z threw R. Kelly under the bus when they had the first "Best of both worlds", then jumped back on his team when people started to forget about the situation, then that there is hella flaky.
    test
  3. double ML

double ML Guest

if one of my boys fucked up like vick did, and i knew he was guilty, i wouldn't say shit about it

i wouldn't speak against him, but i wouldn't speak for him

i'd probably not call that mo' fo a friend anymore

i got my career to worry about

not tryin' to roll with ppl committin' felonies

feel me?
    test
  4. MyKe SeaN

MyKe SeaN Paula Deen is my hero.

White country Hillbillies take dogs in the woods every day and shoot their brains out. The fuck ya'll fussin about?
    test
  5. double ML

double ML Guest

that doesn't sound like illegal dogfightin' to me.
    test
  6. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

^ lol, me neither.

mike vick is a sick individual and im suprised a classy guy like mcnabb is sticking up for him.
    test
  7. MyKe SeaN

Well the media is focussing on the actual killing of the dogs. I see this is gonna be over your head ONCE AGAIN double ML.
    test
  8. MyKe SeaN

Are you talking about the dog fighting or the actual killing of the dogs?

Dont make it like when you were growing up you never heard kids and even adults talking about how their dogs could kick everybody else's dogs.
    test
  9. Mask2MyFace2

Mask2MyFace2 Controversial

Man down here I could go to a dog fight RIGHT NOW...so I know in the hills of VA you could get to one no problem.

These ain't poodles, these are pit bulls, fighting killing animals. who cares? I think they blew out of proportion as far as being a *federal case* all of this is really not necessary over a dumb ass dog...might as well rob a bank or try to kill a person for six years in prison.

Lol @ media not knowing dogfighting exists, Suburban White America is a funny place, open ya eyes!

Plus all of these are unproven allegations so far (it's a fed case so he's going down for it) so still let due process play out before you convict him.
    You only get like a year and a fine for dogfighting anyway but they are trying to get him on some other shit like interstate trafficking and conspiracy and all this other bullshit. They really got it out for him.

lol @ Feds worrying about some dogs...Gov't need to do something productive like fixing some bridges.

people still eating hamburgers and pork though....
    test
  10. psunit

psunit Hail to the Lions

It is more than a year if he is convicted. Vick can face up to 5 or 6 years max.
    test
  11. double ML

double ML Guest

i'm not the media. it's well known that double M.L. hates the media. but i see that just went over your head ONCE AGAIN. assclown.

double is far more intelligent than you. and you know this.
    test
  12. John Madden

John Madden True Value

I'm guessing if this was Peyton Manning or Tom Brady you would be yelling they should get the max and about how wrong dog fighting is right? You seem like a fairly biased indvidual
    test
  13. illustrate

illustrate watch my shoes

them Feds dont giva fuck bout them dogs

im not even gonna say the reason why they fuckin with ole boy like that

cause its obvious n i aint even tryna get into that convo

lol@all this drama cuz he fightin pits
    test
  14. double ML

double ML Guest

lmao@ppl tryin' to pull the race card on this shit[funny]

"THE FEDS DON'T GIVE A FUCK THAT SOME GIRL GOT RAPED AND THERE'S A MOUNTAIN OF EVIDENCE THAT POINTS TOWARDS HIM- THEY ONLY ARRESTED HIM BECAUSE HE'S BLACK!"

so are we now givin' black ppl free passes every time they break laws?[dunno]
    test
  15. illustrate

nah cause fightin dogs is worse then blowin they head off right?

lol fuck difference it make
    test
  16. illustrate

wow

a hit dog sho will holla

u stupid ass sonbitch' how u gon compare dog fightin to a girl gettin raped

aint no reason tryna explain shit to u cause u think jus like them

so fuck u and suck a dick it is what it is
    test
  17. hiphop4govener2

hiphop4govener2 Active Member

test
  18. double ML

double ML Guest

illustrate is WAY too obsessed with homosexual behavior[nonono]

lmao@"u think jus like them"[funny]

i only work for the gov't. they pay me twice a month. i don't buy into their shit. at all.

and how am i gonna compare illegal dog fighin' to rape? easy. both are felony crimes.

any more questions dumbass?[dunno]
    test
  19. double ML

double ML Guest

test
  20. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

Since when does an indictment equal a conviction?

My only beef is that he isn't being given due process in the court of public opinion nor by his sponsors.

Why don't PETA boycott the meat and fur industry?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.