Dominic Cruz and Jose Aldo's first title defenses nearly complete

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Delinquent, Jun 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabbath

Sabbath Regicidal

I gotta say, I'm not all that impressed with patricio pitbull yet. He's got the tools, but I'm expecting Warren to ragdoll him.

Only thing that keeps me from yawning during Warren's fights is that it seems like he decided he will no longer tap to anything ever after the loss to bibiano.
    test
  2. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

hell yeah, warren is my dude

him, wilson reis, and patricio have always been my fav featherweights. soto is pretty dope too, I'm a fan of his, wouldn't say he's my favorite though

warren is a monster with the wrestling and submission escapes

can't wait to see him and patricio go at it. you should watch patricios early fights in brazil. dudes a beast and game anywhere. he can throw hands, and submit great opponents. his takedown defense is good as fuck now too, I didn't expect him to dominate wilson reis like he did
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  3. Sabbath

Sabbath Regicidal

plus warren's arrogance is hilarious.

"what do you think of your opponent?"

"should be a good win for me."
    test
  4. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

lol word

gonna be an intruiging match tho. aside from both nog twins, patricio is the only top fighter I've seen from that camp with a legit good ground game.

he's gonna keep it standing tho imo. warren aint no joke tho, dudes a takedown god compared to wilson reis so he's not gonna be getting stuffed all day
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  5. Big K

Big K U Wanna Battle?

Fellow Nova Uniao guy here. I certainly know every Nova black belt that I've grappled with has been ridiculously tough and skilled. Hell, a Nova black belt even took Roger Gracie to decision at the last Mundials.

With that said, no one is unstoppable anywhere. Jose Aldo has not won even one world championship(I checked quite a bit through International Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Federation just to make sure.) The only thing I know that is remotely close to being true is that he would often tap Cobrinha is practice. Cobrinha is a FUCKING BEAST. He's a 5 time World BJJ Champion at black belt, got his black belt in only 5 years. Also, like Aldo, he's athletic as hell.

Source: UFC : Ultimate Fighting Championship

About Cobrinha: Rubens Charles Maciel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.