Does...

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Your Idol, Jul 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

Does lifting before you go running or use an eliptical burn more fat than lifting after a cardio workout??
    test
  2. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

i dont see why thered be a difference. i think itd be easier to lift then run than vice-versa.
    test
  3. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

do cardio before you lift. one way doesnt burn more fat than the other, but i would definitely do the cardio before you lift.
    test
  4. Graphx

Graphx Word? Word!

Lifting before running burns more fat...and IMO it's a lot easier. After a hard workout I can manage to force myself onto the treadmill for 20-30 minutes...but after cardio, I feel weak when I lift. I usually play basketball as a warm up for 15-20 minutes, lift, then jog or hit the bike for a while.
    test
  5. Ben Official

i think doing cardio before gets you in better shape. i either run intervals for a couple miles or work jump rope and run sprints for a good 30 minutes as a warm up to the lifting. when i just do a quick jog and then lift its just not the same. i never feel satisfied as if i pushed myself to the limit. i like keeping my heart rate up. if your trying to burn fat, i would suggest doing this, in addition to working cardio into circuits for your workout
    test
  6. supacilious

supacilious master of ceremonies

if your goal is physique oriented or power/stength oriented than lift before you do cardio...

i don't really like jogging or treadmill running...i think fast pace walking or sprinting are probably the best options for fatloss...
    test
  7. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

i always knock out a mile on the treadmil before I get into my workout, warms up my muscles and makes them more receptive to lifting.
    test
  8. Ben Official

yeah you should always warm up before you lift
    test
  9. LiveFromThe781

you can do warmup sets though, it doesnt have to be cardio. like if im going to go for heavy deadlifts or something i start out light then work to my actual work set/sets

if youre doing bicep curls, no you probaly dont need a warmup but i think if youre going to be putting over 300lbs of stress onto your body you should just do a warmup even if its just a set with 135 for a few sets.

i think warmups are more helpful for priming your body to the stress its about to endure that way you dont dislocate or tear something during your lift more than making you stronger which is why if im doing something thats light on the CNS i dont do a warmup set.
    test
  10. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

this is good response i got from somebody

"Yes, and you see 17% better results from the lifting routine as well.

Your body has several different drives, and by keeping your heart rate up higher, you burn more calories. Where the calories are coming from depends on the level of your heart rate. Between 65-70% Max Heart Rate, you burn fat calories. Between 80-90% MHR is your cardio-strengthening zone, where calories come from stored carbohydrates, but your lung capacity and endurance will improve.

Similarly, the body has a protein synthesis drive that sends stored protein to repair and build muscle tissue after a work out. By doing a cardio workout post weight lifting, your PSD will remain at a higher level as your body recovers. PSD is directly proportional to the heart rate, so higher the heart rate, the harder the PSD kicks in to a certain point. You need to be sure to have sufficient protein intake to ensure your body's health and recovery."
    test
  11. LiveFromThe781

sounds cool whered you read that?
    test
  12. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

it's a facebook response from my boy who is ex military and used to be a personal trainer. i'm sure it's accurate...feel free to cross reference.
    test
  13. Got Life?

yeah, it seems pretty on point.
    test
  14. LiveFromThe781

someone told me they watched a Jay Cutler video or something and he was saying how cardio is intesified post workout which is why he just does incline walking afterwards, as do majority of BBers, because he doesnt want to do too much.
    test
  15. Got Life?

that's because he wants to keep his heart rate at the 65-75% range to only burn fat.
    test
  16. supacilious

supacilious master of ceremonies

yeah...thats why i do incline walks as well...

pretty much all bbers do it...and they are the leanest individuals on the planet, so it obviously works...
    test
  17. Got Life?

leanest on the planet?

erm...i unno bout that one homie.
    test
  18. LiveFromThe781

lol alright starving children dont count. leanest individuals with significant muscle mass perhaps?
    test
  19. XxLiLBuRnAxX

XxLiLBuRnAxX Prolly smarter than you

what about marathon runners....aren't they pretty lean?
    test
  20. Got Life?

i'd say swimmers are pretty significant in muscle mass and pretty lean...

i honestly never looked at a bb and thought...wow, that's a really lean person especially cause they're only really really lean right before competition for the most part...give them some water and watch them bloat like a chia pet.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.