Does the idea that we are the Universe experiencing itself sound ridiculous to you?

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by lyricalpriest, Feb 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

Maybe you have heard of this before. What is your opinion?

If the question is not clear, I apologize (English is my first language).

:chefoooh:
    test
  2. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

yeah ive heard of it and well "the universe experiencing itself" needs to be explained to me because i dont understand what that even means
    test
  3. lyricalpriest

The cornerstones of my belief rest on three things: 1) Organized religion is inherently meddled with by people who often use it for their own gain, and thus are never as true as they insist they are 2) I believe strongly in a unity of creation; that is, all things come from the same source and are inherently unified in an ultimate sense, and 3) Given the vastness of the universe and its ever-expanding nature, consciousness evolved as a way for creation to dwell upon itself. After all, if God – or a universal consciousness, well spring of creation, etc – is infinitely complex and powerful, and the universe is constantly changing and expanding, then an inner mode of experientialism is required.

the division between religion and science is a false division created by those in power in the Catholic church during the "enlightenment era" science can not disprove god. religion can not prove god. both religion and science can work together to understand the true nature the the divinity we call god- because god is us, you me, every living thing that has ever lived, and all the vast wonders of the universe

[youtube]9D05ej8u-gU[/youtube]
    test
  4. lyricalpriest

subtitles:i realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.
    test
  5. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

pretty sure this is the origin of that saying

[youtube]R7n71pm0K04[/youtube]

it makes sense in the way he used it... our brains are matter that has the ability to think, and since we're made of the same stuff as the rest of the universe, there seems to be something unique about that.

it doesn't make sense if you use that to try to personify the universe... and it also doesn't support the idea that we're the reason our universe exists or that we're the apex of its development.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.