Does God hide himself?

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by TheBigPayback, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

seek and u will find him. If that means searching thru everyones idea of God to you than do that till u find him through one. But then again thats a scripture from the bible. So id suggest trying that first.
    Posted via mobile device... from my mobile home.
    test
  2. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

what kind of action?
    test
  3. TheBigPayback

of course. The pattern is seek ask knock. You have things in ur life u love to do and youll do it an put your all into it. Thats how your must seek to find God with as much dilligence and consistancy as anything else in life u love to do. Like say u go for a month all day everyday studying searching seeking praying asking wanting. That aint enough. U HAVE to do it to the point ur got your whole heart into it. An God knows your heart so u cant fool him. But theres a point an once you get to that point he will come to you. And it WILL be intense as shit.
    test
  4. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

depends on the circumstance
    test
  5. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

no offense but... are you being purposely vague here?
    test
  6. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

No but different forms of action are required under circumstances. Seeking God's help in fighting coke addiction, for example require more then just prayer. You need to fight, you can't just pray every night and then go do coke. Action is required in this sense

i hope that helps you get the jest of what i'm saying
    test
  7. TheBigPayback

Well once you get passed the finding stage everything else is easy. Its easy to tap into the spiritual and easier to get into his presence. And when your in his presence things like addiction become easy to overcome, you wont have the urge at that point.
    test
  8. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

what if we're just talking about 'seeking god' itself? not just seeking him to help one with a problem.. but seeking out the apparent realization that the god of the bible is the real god... does it just come down to reading the bible like bigpayback says or is there some other type of action one should take?
    test
  9. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

You can't come to know God without reading the bible but practicing what it says is also needed
    test
  10. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

old testament version of what it says or new testament?
    test
  11. TheBigPayback

Old testiment is just the foundation of the new. Its not a book ud read like pg 1- 800 id read it based on life and find the scriptures that apply to my particular situation. But if u want a good start. Start with John. Otherwise get a good concordance and u can find phrases or keywords and which scriptures address that.
    Biotch! You wish you had a phone like mine...
    test
  12. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

all of it tbh
    test
  13. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

yea cause theres some old testament laws that dont really jive with modern life. i'm sort of doubting that most people actually follow these rules, or even intend to follow them. and for a good reason, to be honest. i think the biblical morality is somewhat outdated, the old testament version especially so.

the new testament requires i accept jesus and repent to him, but how am i supposed to accept god before i find god? is that what people mean by faith?
    test
  14. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

We aren't under the 10 commandments but the old testament is good history

Faith is a lot of things. Reading the bible builds the relationship with God, that's how things start but if you have to have a open heart and be willing to let his light reach you. God will draw those to him that truly want to be with him
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.