does anyone here got the video of Owen's hart death???

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by nice n simple, Feb 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

yeah see

he came back in wcw as Chuck Palumbo
    test
  2. Deathtrap

Deathtrap Guest

i can see him coming back and fuedin with undertaker and say im the true "dead man"... that would acualy be good

if that was real dont u think hes family woulda sued the shit out of wwe and put them outta business smh
    test
  3. -ion-

-ion- Tough Guys Wear Pink

wow....just....wow
    test
  4. EnglishLanguage

EnglishLanguage New Member

^no fuck dude....i just sat there for a seond with my jaw hanging wide open, in awe of his pure unadulterated, uncorrupted, pure stupidity
    you missed the lawsuit

i own't even comment on this anymore, it's just too fucking stupid
    test
  5. Deathtrap

Deathtrap Guest

ur stupid for thinking its real.... i guess leonardo dicaprio is dead to cuz he drowned in the titanic moovie..

havnt u heard of publicity stunts... wwe started the rumors just so everyone will think hes dead..

omg your all fools if you beleived that...

if someone realy died in a wrestlin match or performing a stunt or w/e.. dont u think .. poeple would thinks its dangerous and close it up.. c'mon man u should know that .. omg dont call me stupid again..

you all need to be taught the difference between real and fake....

if you think owen heart got killed on wrestling.. then you need to kill your self for real
    test
  6. Nam Dekan

they probably wouldnt close it up

Baseball and Football are still going right?

Football before and around the turn of the century had deaths on the field and still continued on.

Baseball also had some deaths when players were stuck with balls in the head in the early part of the century and still went on..

also if it was fake dont you think you would have seen Owen on the indy scene or read about him at all since 1999?
    test
  7. Nam Dekan

here is an article from the kansas city star about the lawsuit

Deal approved in WWF case

By Dan Margolies
    The Kansas City Star
    Date: 11/08/00

Professional wrestler Owen Hart's family to receive settlement totaling $18 million

An $18 million settlement between the family of deceased professional wrestler Owen Hart and the World Wrestling Federation was approved Tuesday by a state court judge.
    The settlement ends a lawsuit brought by Hart's widow, two minor children and parents against the WWF, the city of Kansas City and other defendants over a botched stunt that led to Hart's death in Kemper Arena in May 1999.
    The terms of the settlement call for Martha Hart, Hart's widow, to get $10 million; the children,8-year-old Oje Hart and 5-year-old Athena Hart, to get $3 million each; and Hart's parents, Stu and Helen Hart, to get $1 million each.
    Net of attorney fees and expenses, the total settlement amount comes to about $13 million. The fee agreement of the Hart family's attorneys, the Kansas City law firm of Robb & Robb LLC and the Calgary, Alberta firm of Pipella & Co., calls for them to receive a 25 percent contingency fee. The family's legal expenses are thought to have totaled about $750,000.
    The settlement amount is being paid by the World Wrestling Federation and its insurer, TIG Insurance Co. The WWF, a publicly held company, said in regulatory filings last week that it would take a $7 million charge in the wake of the settlement amount from the companies that manufactured and sold the equipment involved in the accident.
    Circuit Judge Douglas Long Jr. approved the settlement after an hour-long hearing in the Jackson County Courthouse. Martha Hart, her children and her in-laws all residents of Calgary, were present at the hearing, along with more than a dozen lawyers representing the plaintiffs and defendants.
    After Long announced his approval of the settlement, Martha Hart sobbed quietly as Gary Robb, one of her attorneys, sought to comfort her. The two later embraced..

Hart , a 34-year-old wrestler known as the Blue Blazer, plunged 78 feet to his death on May 23, 1999, when the quick-release mechanism on his harness opened prematurely as he was being lowered from a catwalk into the ring.
    The WWF event was televised live on pay-per-view television, although the accident itself was not shown.
    The Hart family sued three weeks after the accident, alleging that the stunt was dangerous and poorly planned and that the harness system was defective.
    Besides the WWF and the City of Kansas City, the settlement agreement also ends the Hart family's litigation against WWF principals Vince and Linda McMahon and stunt riggers Bobby Talbert and Matthew Allmen.
    Long approved the settlement over the objection of the manufacturer of Hart's trigger-latch shackle, Lewmar Inc., which argued that the settlement could impair its ability to defend itself against the WWF's claims for reimbursement.
    Both Lewmar and Amspec Inc., which sold the shackle to Hart's stunt rigger, were among the defendants originally sued by the Hart family. The family, however, dismissed both companies from the case in April.
    The dismissals came after Lewmar and Amspec reached settlements with the Hart family calling for a mutual release of claims. Notably, the settlement's did not call for Lewmar or Amspec to pay any damages.
    In court documents, the WWF has questioned whether those settlements were reached in good faith, and Long has yet to approve them. The WWF is concerned that the settlements will prevent it from recouping the settlement proceeds from Amspec and Lewmar.
    "We're pleased that the Hart family is able to put this behind them, but we look forward to continuing this litigation so as to place responsibility on the appropriate parties," said Craig O'Dear, an attorney for the WWF, after Tuesday's hearing.
    An additional impediment to the WWF's efforts to recover the $18 million arose Monday, when Amspec filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy in Van Nuys, Calif. The bankruptcy petition lists the WWF and the McMahons as contingent creditors.
    test
  8. Nam Dekan

article from when the lawsuit was first filed

Family files wrongful-death suit over wrestler's fatal fall at Kemper

By CHRISTINE VENDEL - The Kansas City Star
    Date: 06/15/99 23:57

The harness that suspended Owen Hart was unsafe and inadequate to hold the 230-pound professional wrestler who fell to his death last month, a lawsuit filed Tuesday alleged.

Hart's family named 13 defendants -- including the World Wrestling Federation and the city of Kansas City -- in the wrongful-death lawsuit, filed in Jackson County Circuit Court. The lawsuit, which seeks an undetermined amount of money, stemmed from the May 23 accident that killed Hart at Kemper Arena.

Hart, 34, of Calgary, Alberta, was supposed to enter the ring from a catwalk 78 feet above the ring. As he dangled in mid-air, waiting for his cue, a quick-release mechanism on his vest opened prematurely, dropping him to his death, said police who investigated the accident.

The lawsuit alleged that the stunt was dangerous and poorly planned. In particular, the lawsuit alleged that the harness system was defective.

"Our legal and factual allegation is that Owen Hart died because this makeshift contraption was totally inadequate for this intended purpose," family attorney Gary Robb said at a news conference.

He said the mechanism used to support Hart was intended to rig sailboats.

Robb said Hart could have moved his shoulder and triggered the harness' quick-release mechanism on his vest. He said it took only six pounds of pressure to trigger the mechanism. In comparison, it takes eight pounds of pressure to pull the trigger of a Kansas City police officer's handgun, according to police.

The 118-page lawsuit lists 46 separate counts against the defendants, who include the WWF; Vince McMahon, the WWF's chairman; and the city, as owner of Kemper Arena.

The city is covered by an insurance policy paid for by the WWF. All arena lessees are required to buy liability insurance to protect the city, said William LaMette, director of convention centers. City officials declined to comment further.

Other defendants in the lawsuit include WWF's parent company, Titan Sports, four companies that manufactured or sold the harness-and-cable system and four riggers who set up the stunt. Three riggers were on the catwalk with Hart before he fell. The role of the fourth rigger was not clear.

Most of the defendants contacted Tuesday were not aware that they had been named in the lawsuit. Some declined to comment; others did not return telephone calls.

Besides the lawsuit, police are investigating whether criminal acts contributed to Hart's death. Their investigation is focused on the appropriateness of the equipment used by Hart to see whether anyone was criminally negligent.

WWF Spokesman Jim Byrne said his company had not yet been served with the lawsuit.

"It's difficult to respond to a lawsuit that hasn't been seen yet," he said. "The police investigation is still ongoing, so it would seem the lawsuit is precipitous."

Byrne declined to discuss the equipment used by Hart. He said Hart had performed the stunt a few times before.

The lawsuit claimed precautions were missing, such as a safety net, safety harness, backup cables or a safety lock on the release mechanism. Owen Hart also was not properly trained, the lawsuit said.

"What happened to Owen Hart was absolutely preventable," said Pamela Fischer, a family attorney from Canada.

The lawsuit was filed on behalf of Hart's widow, Martha Hart; their two children, ages 7 and 3; and Owen Hart's parents, all of Calgary.

Hart's widow, Martha Hart, said she decided to file the lawsuit to hold accountable those responsible for her husband's death and to protect other wrestlers from unsafe conditions.

"Professional wrestling has become a showy display of graphic violence, sexual themes and ever more dangerous stunts," she said. "The WWF has deliberately chosen to promote profit at the expense of the most basic safety of its performers."

To reach Christine Vendel, police reporter for The Star, call (816) 234-4438 or send e-mail to cvendel@kcstar.com
    test
  9. Nam Dekan

also his widow put out a book early last year i think it was about owen and his death

"Broken Harts: The Life and Death of Owen Hart"
    test
  10. EnglishLanguage

i'm going to bookmark this, because this is by far THE stupidest fucking thing i've ever seen on the internet

the entire internet

and i've been to ebaumsworld
    test
  11. Deathtrap

Deathtrap Guest

i seen that to... but you shouldnt believe everything u read on the internet... wrestling fake why would someone die on it
    test
  12. EnglishLanguage

because when you fall 23 meters, you die. i shouldn't even have to explain this.

i will say this until i feel i've made it clear enough. you are the stupidest human being on planet earth.
    test
  13. Mason

Mason R.I.P. Ol' Dirty...

Dear God. Two points about this thread.

1. Why would anybody want to see it?
    2. How could you (Deathtrap) be so fucking stupid as to think he's still alive? Yeah, they all did special shows in his honour with them crying and shit as a work. Yeah, his family sued the WWE as a work. Yeah, his gravestone's there as a work. Open your fucking eyes, you blind twat.
    test
  14. -ion-

-ion- Tough Guys Wear Pink

did he actually say its a publicity stunt?

how much positive publicity could come from a man falling to his death in the middle of a wrestling ring??!!?

there have been countless accidents in wrestling, droz is paralyzed, sabu broke his neck, countless other injuries have occured with owens death being both the most public and tragic

you are a fucking moron, period
    test
  15. Nam Dekan

so you didnt see anything about this on CNN and in news papers when it happened?

movies are fake also, so does that mean Bruce Lee and Brandon Lee are alive somewhere, and they didnt die on the sets of the movies they were in?
    test
  16. S Weapon

S Weapon fears Micheal Jackson

Because wrestlers are human fucking beings..... and when a human fucking being falls 23 or whatever feet and hits the concrete fucking floor....... a human fucking being most likely will die.......

and yes wrestling is fake.... but that wasn't wrestling. It was a fall off a fucking..... fucking what ever the fuck he fell off of.
    test
  17. Mason

Mason R.I.P. Ol' Dirty...

Rafter on the roof wasn't it?
    test
  18. EnglishLanguage

yeah but it doesn't really matter. you could fall off of a fluffy little pink cloud and if you fall 75 feet into a turnbuckle head first, you die

and has anyone noticed the transition deathtrap went through? he went from "hearing owen isn't dead" to standing immovablely firm in his stance that he is in fact alive.
    test
  19. Matt Hood

Matt Hood Guest

i don't think the WWE would pay 16 million to the Hart's if Owen was alive... why is this even still be discussed?
    test
  20. exothermic

exothermic Well-Known Member

owen hart died.... yall cats stupid for thinking otherwise.... how the hell they gone fake a fall like that??...... oh n they have videos of this.... my friends saw it on kazaa like 2years ago.... iono where u could get it now........ cuz basically whether or not wwf taped it ppl in the crowd have video cameras so theres obviously videos of it....
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.