Does anyone else think Thriller wasn't Michael's best album?

Discussion in 'The R&B Haven' started by Lebron Malo, Feb 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lebron Malo

Lebron Malo New Member

I've never liked it. If 'Billie Jean' and 'Beat It' weren't THAT good, I'd not even rate it in his top 3. In fact, fuck it - I don't. 'HiStory' has both tracks on.

I've always felt it was a bland album. It's not terrible, it's just boring to me. Offline, which or black, I've never met anyone in my generation that felt the title track, deserved that much fucking hype or the pointlessly long, 'I wish I was a 90lb white jock out of Grease' video for it. 'Wanna be starting somethin' is equally as boring to me, though unlike Thriller, I can appreciate why people like it.

Personally, 'Bad' is a much better album as is 'Off the Wall'.
    test
  2. Feme Sole

Feme Sole Mrs. _Evil

i wanna love you
    pretty young thing

dance dance
    test
  3. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

I did like the Thriller album .. but my favourite would be Bad ..
    test
  4. Thomas Huxley

Thomas Huxley Well-Known Member

What sad fuck neglected their autistic children to move my thread?
    test
  5. Macabre

Macabre via Fatality

Mods pretending their job matters.

probably someone new.
    test
  6. Pyro Tecknik

Pyro Tecknik Harbinger of DOOM

Lol@ r&b haven.

someone doesn't like you. at all.

and Thriller is the truth bitch. but i will say that it wasn't so much better than Bad and Off the Wall.
    test
  7. pantherdef

pantherdef New Member

off the wall was my favorite.
    test
  8. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

After really hearin the tracks on both albums, I think I like "Off the wall" better...but Thriller meant more to music because it changed things so much, and had such a maaaajor impact. Off the wall was basically the disco sound at it's finest, while Thriller was R&B, Soul, Pop, and Rock together, and appealed to all of it's crowds.
    test
  9. R-Tistic

P.S....the bass line to Billie Jean is the most crucial in history....damm it still goes waaaaay too tough!
    test
  10. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

^I'm surprised it hasn't been sampled yet... it seemed like Puffy would've jumped all over that one... that shit still gets parties jumping... so imagine some limited skilled rapper spittin' some generic anthem over that bassline... instant money maker.

Fuck the overexposure tilt... "Thriller" is still damn near a perfect album... and it is his best to me.
    test
  11. monet22

monet22 New Member

The man made thriller, thriller......still better than off the wall
    test
  12. R-Tistic

I was thinkin about how Mike really doesn't get sampled that much...James Brown, Roger and Zapp, George Clinton, and a lot of those cats get sampled waaay more. I think one reason is because it's nearly impossible to take a Mike sample and make it even half as dope of a song, even for the current generation who samples it...and his songs are TOO BIG to where people would only think of Mike's song if somebody did re-use it.

People always sample bits and pieces of his tracks, like the intro drums on "Rock with you" or how Kanye flipped the chorus sound from "PYT"...but you don't hear many songs really samplin or interpolating his main songs.
    test
  13. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

^LES flipped "Human Nature" for Nas' "It Ain't Hard to Tell"... that was dope.

I think if somebody did "Billie Jean," they'd have to make it really special
    test
  14. R-Tistic

Damm, yeah he did that. I know that song has been flipped a few times, as well as a few more tracks like "Liberian girl" that MC Lyte and Pac (well his producers) sampled/flipped.

The only time I ever heard somebody re-do Billie Jean was Goldie Locc from Tha Eastsidaz...he had a song called "Let's roll." We used to love it in high school, but it sounds kinda weak now because his flow was fallin off beat on it.
    test
  15. K-Skills

K-Skills Mr.Skills

I always like the off the wall album.
    test
  16. Gritty Gabino

Gritty Gabino New Member

yea i feel u..."Off The Wall" was my joint more so than thriller
    test
  17. pestilence

pestilence now believes he's hyphy.

If it wasn't for rock with you... pyt might get the lifetime achievment award in the michael jackson songography.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.