Does anybody else hate......

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Gorilla Nasty, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

Them niggas that lift weights so they find any excuse to take their shirts off? A fight broke out, shirt comes off. It's hot outside, shirt comes off. Or on Halloween, they go as some shit like a baby or something like that. Or wait, they wear some tight ass blouse looking spandex shirt to the club. Or the dress shirt with like 5 buttons undone.

And the thing is, my body is usually tons better. It's just that I'm not some faggot ass nerd who lifts weights for attention. Those dudes are the same ones with chicken legs. And the I only work my arms, chest and stomach complex. But it's usually some fat-muscled dude showing off his lame tribal band that he got to commemorate his 3rd month of lifting. Upper body only of course.

I just wanna fuckin punch them in the throat. And no, I'm definately not jealous. I fuckin lift my ass off, run cardio, and the hard part, eat a strict diet to attain my body. But there's a diffrence, from showing off cause of needing attention. That's a female trait.

Now I'll admit that I might wear this tight baseball undershirt, every now and then (really brings my shoulders out). And the only reason it's tight is bacause I grew into it (a novel concept). But I'm not going to go buy all (or any for that matter) of my shirts a size too small, and I have the body that they think they have. I'm just not a showy person.

I hope 2 things are true. That somewhere in the deep, dark recesses of their mind, they know they don't look good. And 2, that none of you guys are those guys.
    test
  2. XxLiLBuRnAxX

XxLiLBuRnAxX Prolly smarter than you

Well I don't go out and buy small shirts because thats not my style. But I do wear different color wife beaters around town sometimes. A) because its hot Im in Florida, and B) because I do work hard to get the size I am and whats the point of doing it if you wear a XXL sweater everywhere?

Thats not faggot shit, that's what most people do yo. Some people lift for personal reasons, some lift to get bigger and look better.

I also tune cars, I personally am more into the performance aspect of the motor itself (making it fast) rather than the exterior aspect (making it look like a Fast and Furious movie car). My car looks like a POS with fucked up bumpers and a hood thas a different color than the rest of the car. But its fast as hell. I got a friend who spent just the same amount of money on his car than I did on mine only he went the other route and his cars looks cool like a Fast and Furious movie car but isn't really that fast.
    Would it make sense for that guy to keep his car in the garage after he's worked hard to make it look like that?

Im built like a small tank and Im proud to walk around in a wife beater so people can see that. Thats not a female trait, thats a humanistic trait. Don't get it twisted.
    test
  3. Gorilla Nasty

Really though, doing things soley for attention, is a female/child characteristic. Wether you like that or not it is. Some people actually work out because it's good for them believe it or not.

"Would it make sense for that guy to keep his car in the garage after he's worked hard to make it look like that?"

Apples and oranges bud. My whole body looks good, so should I stop wearing clothes? Just because you have it doesn't mean you have to show it. Some people are not insecure and don't need their ego to be stroked.
    test
  4. -LikeWise-

-LikeWise- Is the Name...

you're giving it too much thought, who gives a fuck....

some people overdo it... but its ok to want to show your body that u are working hard for...

you sound a little more insecure then the dudes who always show their bodies off....

you cant tolerate the attention?
    test
  5. XxLiLBuRnAxX

So I take it everything you wear is from Wal Mart or the Goodwill? No name brand clothes, only wear payless shoes? I think not. You wear decent clothes because you want to look decent, which translates to you are showing off for other people. If you didn't have other people to notice your clothes then I doubt you would wear anything but rags and such.

And no sorry the people who work out because its good for them aren't built like the people you described. Those types of people who work out solely for health purposes don't have bodies like tanks.
    Look at most physical trainers, hell there was even a thread on this forum recently asking why physical trainers don't look that buff.

Showing off what you have doesn't mean you are insecure. Purposefully talking down to those that aren't built like you would be stroking your ego.
    test
  6. Legacy Weapon

Legacy Weapon New Member

i think he doesnt like it when people do that because...

they don't work that hard/don't look that good yet they get alot of attention for it because they SHOW it

whereas he doesn't because he is humble/modest and so he gets no attention that he should be getting in place of the other people

not that he WANTS attention, but when other people get it who dont DESERVE it its like wtf

thats how it is with me
    test
  7. Graphx

Graphx Word? Word!

I think you guys are taking his initial post out of context...my take on it is, he's not talkin about the guys who are in shape or maybe cut that comfortably go outside on a hot sunny day with a tank on...he's talkin' about the guy who is completely taking it overboard...I see dudes in the club all the time who look like bowling balls with no real definition, walkin around in wife beaters, FLEXING..not dancing, or talking...straight up flexing on people...when they walk their fuckin arms don't even swing, they're cocked back so you can see the tricep that they think is bulging...and keep in mind it could be 40 degrees and they still rockin' wife beaters in the club

thats my take on it...and I totally agree, cuz I see these guys and I can't help but laugh to myself...they're just bulky...big arms and shoulders along with a big gut...not a good look, especially when you see em in the gym and they aint even that strong...I'm about 195 blowin' these dudes outta the water in every exercise...lol except when they big up 65 pounds dumb bells and swing em like monkies and think they're doing somethin
    test
  8. -LikeWise-

the dudes who posted after me are probably right...

i took it the wrong way cause of the way it was said but i agree with graphx and the poster...
    test
  9. Gorilla Nasty

Bingo. I don't even know if they get attention or not. But I feel like dude, you ain't got shit to show off. I'm of the mindstate of be proud of the things you work hard for. And if you wanna show them off (or not) fine. But if you clearly haven't worked hard, or hard enough, don't. You think Da Vinci unveiled the Mona Lisa when it was half way done?

And as far as name brands, yes I wear some name brand clothes. But I'm not above wearing generic stuff. I'm 24 and I outgrew the whole mentality of "It has to be name brand" a long time ago. Hell, I've even took the logos off of quite a bit of my clothes. I much rather prefer wearing plain clothes over something with Nike or whatever plastered all over it. As you get mature, those things mean less and less.

So yes, I wear some name brand things. Some stuff is generic. I had a pair of Shaq shoes from K-Mart that I used to wear. And I was the first person to tell everybody where I got them. I can wear generics for the rest of my life and be perfectly happy knowing that I'm making my clothes look good, and not the other way around.
    test
  10. XxLiLBuRnAxX

^^^^^If thats what he was talking about then I understand. But it would be stupid for him to criticize someone like me with a good physique who shows it off. Which is what I think he is talking about seeing how he kept his current stance on the matter even when presented with an analogy and with me telling him what I do.

So i dont know about this one
    test
  11. Legacy Weapon

Legacy Weapon New Member

the positive side of this is...

with girls anyway...

if you get a girl based on personality, she digs you

and she isnt expecting much in way of physical attraction due to you dressing modestly

then when she finally sees you without a shirt on ..its a wrap

at least thats how i like to look at it hahah
    test
  12. Gorilla Nasty

Oh yeah, that's the main reason I don't flaunt it. I'm a pretty good looking guy. But I kind of hate being judged soley on looks. I'd rather it be a nice surprise than "everybody knows cause he always has his shirt off". Not to say I don't flaunt it once in a BIG while, cause I do. But If you read what I wrote, I am attacking the guys who feel the need to show it off every time the clock goes tick. Like the guy at the party who always feels the need to take off his shirt, for no reason. And if it offends you, you're probably that guy.

And the way I was raised, as the rest of the world (beside a select few apparently) is that women are the "show-offs". Same thing all throughout the animal kingdom. It's why on wedding day, men wear a plain black tux, while women wear an extravagent dress. Or why when women dress up they tend to wear something tight and/or revealing, while men wear slacks and a dress shirt. Or even why women wear make-up and take 2 hours to get dressed. So in conclusion all that need for attention is definately a female trait. The writing is all there on the wall LB, so feel free to read it any time.
    test
  13. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Men do seek attention though. How do you stand out from the crowd? By maintaing good posture(yes women DO notice this), by being social, by looking good(hygiene, shaving, haircut, decent clothes). Acting as if you don't seek attention is ridiculous, even if you don't notice you're doing it, you are. Even working out is a way to seek female attention. You're attempting to set yourself apart from the crowd.

I don't see the problem with showing it off once in a while. Otherwise what's the point beyond being healthy? It's to LOOK good. That's why we're all in this forum, that's why we're all lifting and busting our asses is so that we can maintain a nice physique.
    test
  14. Gorilla Nasty

No. In the primal sense (which drives us subconciously) the point of being healthy is to live long and reproduce as frequently as possible. It just so happens that indicators of health tend to be sexually attractive to the opposite sex for that reason. So in reality you're wrong. We do not strive to be healthy to look good. We try to be healthy to live long.

The reason why we shave is because chicks like it. The reason why they like it is because it makes us look younger (and hence healthier). The younger you are, the healthier you are as in further from death. Children are healthier than adults are. So the objective is to look young, yet old enough to reproduce. The older you look, the less attractive you are considered correct? Because age is associated with declining health, and for good reason.

And working out is not about standing out, unless you're trying to look like Ronnie Coleman or something. Which by the way, most girls don't like anyways. It's not about standing out, it's about turning back the clock and conveying an image of youth. Weight gain is also associated with age. So you're trying to attain a flat stomach because a pot belly symbolizes age and unhealthiness. That's why when a person loses weight, the first thing they tend to hear is "you look younger".

Everything you stated about hygiene and posture is wrong. Those are all things we do to maintain our health. It's like changing oil in a car. It's not a nice to do it's a need to do. Males primary method of standing out is by conveying success. That's why you see all these hot chicks with rich guys. Because $$$
    = success. That's why you dress nice, because nice clothes give off a successful appearance. The female method is by conveying beauty. It's why they wear make-up and push up bras and high heels. Haven't you ever wondered why women wear all of those things? There's your answer.

I've read up and done lots of research on all of that. Why we consider things beautiful, how our animal instincts influence our behaviors. It's funny to look at how animal actions parallel human actions. Cause we're just animals.

And my problem is not with showing it off once in a while, cause that's me too. I said it's with guys who find any excuse to show it off.

(btw, I like your siggy)
    test
  15. LeKCheR

LeKCheR Active Member

Lmao. This is the most retarded thread ive came across on H&F who cares if people wanna show off their body. I wear the same size ive always wore and now its tight on me And I get attention which I dont do it to get attention tho.

But if thats someones style you shouldnt hate on it if you got it show it!
    test
  16. Big Meech

Big Meech Certified Boss

[​IMG]
    test
  17. -LikeWise-

this is a big ass conversation about nothing...
    test
  18. XxLiLBuRnAxX

Hence the reason why nodody is actually arguing with the thread starter, we are just criticizing him for his eh.....opinion that he thinks is based on fact?

lol @ Big Meech, I haven't seen someone post one of those pics in awhile. Thats the shit Soutan and Extreme Venom used to do to everybody in the introspectrum when they said something stupid.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.