Dodge Challenger SRT8 enters production

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by Snikka, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snikka

Snikka Vision Action Execution

lol @ you keep talking. lol @ you thinking my car is bone stock. I've listed my mods, my car isn't stock.

I know more about performance than you.

You don't have a car period. Why are you still talking about your friends?

My cousin out here has an srt-10 viper. I drove in a 1000hp 408 turbo f-body. I've been in or around A LOT of fast cars in AZ. I'm in clubs. lol @ you.

You don't have shit. So shut your fucking ass up until you have somthing.
    test
  2. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

because you asked what i could get to beat your shit? So I gave you examples of cheap ass rides that'd torch your shit.

make sense??

You've said all you have are basic bolt ons. You even said "my barely modded...will beat" quite a few times.

but switch tone now. Now that I showed you that 7k will burn your ride.
    test
  3. Snikka

So I guess 7k puts an ls1 f-body right back ahead.

Nice comparison.
    test
  4. Snikka

I'd like to point out that cam only internal bolt-on ls1 f-bods HAVE done 10's.

If thats not easy enough for you then I don't know what to say.

I don't have a built internal car. Just bolt-on's/full suspension.. I'll admit it.. but as soon as my warranty is up and I can cam this bitch, i'll be sure to post video's.. shit is sickkk. check out the T-rex and Vindicator cam cars. I just need a stall first.

and bolt-on only f-bodies did 11's a long long time ago. Not saying I do, because I'd never had my car at the track, but I've been there quite a bit and can comment as I've been an active member of tech for years now and been into racing since I was 16. There's always someone faster.
    test
  5. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

... yeah 7k vs whatever you paid for your car.

You're not very good at math, are you?
    test
  6. Snikka

Not good at math at all.. I only got a B in Calculus and haven't taken math since....

Do you know someone with 7,000 dollars into their car+setup altogether that runs 11's?

Can you please list the setup and some information.

This type of thing has been done by notchback mustangs. Shop's can pull this off cause they get parts low and can do all the work.
    test
  7. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

There are tons of people that can do the work themselves. Especially on old stangs.

Or, simply know someone that will do it for them. Yeah, I know people that have decent money in to a few mustangs that are running 11's beating my boy's brand new vette.

They're shitty cars. They bought them beat up and just dumped money under the hood. Cheap speed.
    test
  8. Snikka

Firstly, parts aren't cheap. Modifying cars as a hobby is expensive.

You'd know this if you participated.

Secondly, cheap speed > no speed. So....
    test
  9. Snikka

As expected all the races I've read so far vs. ls1's have been ls1 domination.

Wow go figure.

test
  10. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

Modifying cars as a hobby is expensive...unless you modify a cheap car.

I don't consider 7k expensive.

But people are far more impressed with a modified car that runs 13s than a stock car that runs 12s.
    test
  11. Snikka

parts aren't cheap.

either way, you have no car.
    test
  12. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

Uh...parts arent cheap. You're right. But a car can be.

Like I said...7,500-8,500 (all work done) running the same times as a new 50k vette?

i'll take the one under 10 grand. And have a vehicle I can drive daily as well.
    test
  13. Snikka

Different strokes for different folks. There'd no denying that the modern muscle cars have all the amenities and power you could want while still offering you new generation styling. Thats why the c6's are so nice, they are an entirely new type of domestic muscle. Refined muscle.

I just happen to love the Ls1 platform. Everything you want, nothing you don't. Nowhere in this thread did I claim to run a track time, the only times in here are the magazine times for the challenger and the standard times for ls1 f-bodies. I mean it'd be stupid for me to claim anything higher than a low 13 because it's been proven time and time again. I'm more apt to claim a mid 12 with a stall.

Anyways, any car can be modded to be fast. We all like what we like. But a new challenger probably run you what? 40-45k out the door for an srt-8 that is basically a brick on wheels with over 400hp and my 7 year old trans am can out run it being down about 80hp to the crank. It's the same point you're making about a notchback stang.
    test
  14. Snikka

Pretty much once I race one, my bolt-on car should give it a run. Once my stall is done, it's pretty much game over with 0 internal work.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.