Documentary Recommendations

Discussion in 'Movies, Entertainment & Various Music Genres' started by AtomicGO, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AtomicGO

AtomicGO Flowbi-Wan Kenobi

I love a good documentary. I'm going to post some of my favorites and take any recommendations. :)

Exit Through the Gift Shop - Banksy the Graffiti Artist

Jesus Camp - Inside look into a fundamentalist Christian group and summercamp

Religulous - Bill Maher hosts a goofy look at world religions and his life without it

Capitalism: A Love Story - more of a Docu-Ganda piece about the harms of predatory banks and the capitalist sistem.

BBC:If Drugs Were Legal (Actually a docu-drama with great debate afterwards)

Beef - Documentary chronicling famous and infamous hip hop beef.

Grass: History of Marijuana - Woody Harrelson narrates this comedic history of marijuana and American marijuana law.

The Union: Business Behind Getting High - More economic view behind the medical marijuana industry.

Tesla: Master of Lightening - This piece is a great look at the life and mishaps of the scientific genius, Nikola Tesla.

Future By Design - Jacque Fresco, a "futurist" with amazing architectural and artistic/drafting abilities designs future civilizations at a huge scale or interactive computer modelling.

Cosmos: A Personal Voyage - A great tale by late astrophysicist and astronomer where he gives an eye-opening view into the scale of human civilization length vs. the age of the stars.

Most of these (if not all of them) are free to watch online and can be found after a quick google.

Any suggestions?
    test
  2. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Vals Im Bashir
    The Football Factory
    The Real Football Factories
    Football Hooligans International
    test
  3. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

Know your mushrooms (real good)

food inc (real good and makes you wanna quit eating lol)

heres a link to the Know your mushrooms one. Youll be surprised to know even early christians ate magic mushrooms ;)

Know your Mushrooms | Watch Free Documentary Online
    test
  4. ukallday

ukallday Active Member

Grizzly man is really good if your into the outdoors and shit, its pretty famous, but for those who dont know its about a guy who lived with wild grizzy bears until him and his gf were eaten by one.

My mate was telling me about this one he just watched on youtube, Planet Rock: The story of Hip Hop & the crack generation, looks pretty interesting:

Planet Rock: The Story Of Hip Hop And The Crack Generation (full) - YouTube

One of my favourite films of all time, Dogtown & the Z boys, its about the early days of skateboarding and the kids who developed the new style, im not even into skateboarding but its a great story, with some good interviews and footage.

Beuna Vista Social club - About a group of musicians in Cuba from the 1960s who Ry Cooder gets together to record an album, great film, the part where the Cubans go over to New York City is nice to see.

benda bilili - About a group of homeless musicans who have Polio in the Congo, they meet up on street corners to practice, only watched this one recently and it was really good.
    test
  5. Mekanykz

Mekanykz New Member

test
  6. Cereal_Killer

Cereal_Killer no ESCAPE

inside job : The film that cost $20,000,000,000,000 to make

cocaine cowboys: The incredible true story that inspired "Scarface"

forks over knives: Warning - This movie could save your life!

buy the ticket: A documentary on the life and death of Hunter S. Thompson.

waiting for super man: The fate of our country won't be decided on a battlefield, it will be determined in a classroom.

yeh
    religulous - is awesome
    n
    grizzly man - soooo funny

nice choices guys, thanks atomic for the heads up on the banksy doco..

i heard heaps on Vals Im Bashir when it came out but never watched it and the same as jesus camp.. I think i'm gonna have to give them a look as well..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.