do you use drum loops or program your own??

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by nwo504, Mar 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DDzzz

DDzzz New Member

i do my own...

DUH!...
    test
  2. -GZ-

-GZ- Posts Unfunny Pics

i chop up some loops on occasion...im about to make my own loops actually
    test
  3. kojo

kojo New Member

i program my own but there are some ill loops out there, ive got about a GB of em fresh off vinyl i havent touched yet...
    test
  4. nwo504

nwo504 Rawtunez

i was suprised to find out that kanye and just blaze use alot of drum loops.
    test
  5. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

i use loops...and program my own...

and sometimes.......i restructure loops......i break a loop into pieces...and re-arrange it.........

step ya sample games up chilren'

:)

ya fav producers use loops too...... dont hate the game
    test
  6. djestouff

djestouff New Member

^^what is suprising about it. you can tell just by listening to the beat most of the time.

and to those that say it takes more skill to program drums, youre kidding yourselves. programming drums isnt hard, that shit is easy as hell. its way harder to find a drum loop that sounds good over your beat, chop it up a bit if you think its necessary, run some filters, etc.
    test
  7. Mighty GK

Mighty GK omg 2012

lol...yall be killin me with these questions....just like loopin a sample is weak too lol.

if u find a hot break loop that bitch...or chop it...or make ur own pattern. only producers will care. hell most of them won't give a fuck either. I wouldn't give a shit if one of my fav. beats turned out to be a break looped up with a looped sample over it.

stop being so technical...music is about the feeling it gives off...nobody is out there dissin picasso (or any artist) for using rulers.."oh he didn't free hand it".....thats mad silly to me
    test
  8. DDzzz

DDzzz New Member

now that i look at this entire thread, its reminds me of the "sampler v composer" arguement
    test
  9. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

^or my personal favorite Fruity loops vs everything else
    test
  10. J-A-B-B-A-R

J-A-B-B-A-R Knick Hater

if you're a good producer you'll know when to compose and when to sample. Drum loops are used by Dre, Kanye West, and every beat maker. I'd like to see one of you faggots make a beat where every bar of drums is completely different than any other bars on the whole song. Fuckin morons...

Pz
    test
  11. -GZ-

-GZ- Posts Unfunny Pics

haha...
    test
  12. J-A-B-B-A-R

J-A-B-B-A-R Knick Hater

It ain't hard but its just not done...there's gotta be consistency in your beat if you ever want a rapper to murk it...
    test
  13. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

...producers dont care...only "new jacks" care......i like how these cats who are new to the game try to make up rules on shit that goes on in the rap game as they go along...and try to act like thats the way it is just cause they havent been exposed to the truth yet.......
    test
  14. Mighty GK

Mighty GK omg 2012

1st people start sampling..and can't loop right
    then they learn how to loop..and they hear about premo.
    then they learn how to chop and think they are premo..but they are fuckin up good samples (if they find them)
    then they finally realize like 3 years later that they ruined a shitload of hot samples that they could have just looped
    THEN...finally after all this shit, they start to realize that u have to listen and examine each sample to see if it would sound best chopped or looped.....

and if ur a g..somewhere in those stages u should start creating loops/beats in ur head when u hear a sample.

Idk tho, I'm not gonna act like I'm some god of production or whatever...but the whole sample game IMO..is about figuring the BEST way that a particular sample can be used....and that's why u hear kanye and just blaze loop hot shit all the time.....then these weak fuckaz wanna dl the same sample and chop it and act like they are better than them..when they didn't even do the digging and all they did was make a weaker version of *insert breathe or u don't know or takeover or any new kanye or just blaze beat*
    test
  15. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

fruity loops vs Cadillac who will win?
    test
  16. Fro$tyTheGreat

Fro$tyTheGreat The Head Honcho

^real talk
    test
  17. Predator INC

Predator INC New Member

See cats got it fucked up thinkin theres a ten commandments to this producin shit I do what pleases my ears and sounds good. Its about the sound not the techincal side as much. Yeah I like comin up with my own drums but if you think of it all we really doin is copying our influences nahmean? like if i made a heavy rock drum pattern and put it in a beat yall would hate that. but if i take influence from lets say scott storch or dre yall gon be like damn thats hot got a dre sound to it. anyways be easy.
    test
  18. L.O.R.D

L.O.R.D RawKey Productions

im actually looking for a big ass stash of Drum Loops.. if somebody has a gang of them that they wouldnt mind sharing , please get at me, ive been programming all my own drums for the past 4 years and would like to try something new.
    test
  19. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

^check out refill X its drum loops in rex format
    test
  20. Gamshooter

Gamshooter New Member

i use loops occasionaly but i layer a harder kick to em usualy

also if u think using drum loops is faggot, u mustt hink a ton of classic hip hop songs are "faggot"

i wont even beggin to name a list
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.