Do you think that, if a car were about to run you over, you could jump over and land unscathed?

Discussion in 'The Alley' started by KOzS, Jan 19, 2014.

1. KOzS

KOzS .Juster

Competition's fun.

That's the allure. One day you'll grab that semi, and when you get where ever you get to, there with be a plethora of things to punch.

What is your problem? Like I don't know it's a stupid question. No I'm asking this in earnest. hurrr durrrr burrr
    And that isn't even the question.
    test
  2. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

when i was a kid some fam members and i would go cross country skiing out in the rockies and wed stay in these chalets, well the snow was deeper than we were tall as kids so it was a wonderland. Anyway there were these Train tracks nearby, and we go play by them, and anyway we had this great idea to lay between the tracks as a train went overtop. So to check if wed be ok we piled a bunch of snow in there that was taller than wed be laying there and a train goes over and no problems, the pile was unscathed. We never did it though because trains only came by 1nce a night. So it never worked out. But we could have.
    test
  3. AliceHouse

AliceHouse The House Always Wins

when i was a kid they would strip me of my clothes then hang me by my toes to spray me down with a garden hose and leave me hanging for how long god only knows
    test
  4. Geedorah

Geedorah King

This.
    test
  5. Geedorah

Geedorah King

He wrote 30-45 kmh, not mph.
    test
  6. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Eh, with my luck it'd be a gravel pit tonka truck.. And it's not like I'd carry a pole with me to jump over it in time..
    test
  7. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Duck.
    test
  8. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

I can box jump 42" from a standstill. I'm pretty confident I could hop onto a normal car and jump without getting clipped by the roof.
    test
  9. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

If you just pretend the car is a fence and dive roll overtop it should be pretty easy
    test
  10. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

In high school I might've had a chance with proper warm up and practice.

Now, 0% chance of success without using the force.
    test
  11. Pyro_Tecknik

Pyro_Tecknik Rager

There would be no running. It would be 2 quick steps. Hood, roof and the car would have passed by the 3rd step. I'm pretty sure I could do it. I could see having to roll off at the end.

A flatbed almost made ground meat out of me and my cousin once. walking down a residential street going home at around 2am and i hear a truck behind us. we move over and walk by the cars. The way it's driving and the sound of the clutch changing gears bothers me so I keep my head slightly turned keeping an eye on it. It then starts to swerve and it's coming right towards us, but we're boxed in by the cars. my cousin takes an extra step ahead of me and freezes out of fear, so I grab her and throw her back and I jump back on the hood/windshield of the car next to me. truck smashes right where i was by the wheel well and clips the car in front as well, scrapes the whole side and then keeps on driving. I rolled(got thrown) off the other side onto the sidewalk. My cousin starts screaming my name thinking I just died. I get up dust myself off. felt surreal as fuck. i don't think she ever thanked me for saving her life now that I think about it.
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  12. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

pff thats a friday night at my house
    test
  13. Joro DiGiorno

Joro DiGiorno Active Member

If I did, I'd still sue for emotional distress and loss of income for the days of work I missed coming to grips with the fact I was an X-man.
    test
  14. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

this will be me all ten times if i tried.

every. fucking. time.

:numaan:
    test
  15. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Is the guy at 1:42 trying to body check the car?:luxplease:
    test