Do you think Open Relationships can work?

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by mr.rip, Nov 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr.rip

mr.rip New Member

Do you think Open Relationships can work? if you do what should the people in that relationship should understand if they decide to go that route?
    test
  2. Imperial1

Imperial1 For pressed ones only

I don't think it would work for me. I'm selfish when it comes to my feelings and I wouldn't want my man sharing his intimate and physical love with some other broad.

Imperial1
    test
  3. mr.rip

mr.rip New Member

i feel the same way. i can't understand those people that are swingers i couldn't be right beside my wife while some other dude fucking her and I'm giving it to some other woman lol.
    test
  4. RealMS

RealMS Ne te quaesiveris extra

It won't work with me, which is why I don't try or go for that. For one, too many ppl. out here are getting STD's, etc....& 2 if I'm not in a relationship I'm not casually sleeping around.
    test
  5. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

It can work, but the people in the relationship can't be possessive, selfish or jealous. I know of couples who are swingers and the arrangement works out just fine for them... it makes them happy for their partner to receive sexual gratification, even if it comes from someone other than themself.

I'm not that selfless... but I could potentially get there at some point in my life. Perhaps after a decade or so of a long-term relationship. I might be mroe secure and welcoming of some new and exciting expereiences, while still maintaining my primary relationship.
    test
  6. mr.rip

mr.rip New Member

lmao i know right haha not like they inviting you over for coffee haha.
    test
  7. mr.rip

mr.rip New Member

so let me see if i understand you. you saying you probably could see yourself doing this at some point?
    test
  8. tight-eyes

Yes, you are correct :)
    test
  9. mr.rip

mr.rip New Member

wow lol so many sides to you i have yet to know ha ha.
    test
  10. tight-eyes

I've mentioned it in here many times before... it's something I have considered for a long time.
    test
  11. mr.rip

mr.rip New Member

so you would be really comfortable with your man and you in the same room with you sexing another woman? wow lol you go girl.
    test
  12. tight-eyes

Not at this point, no. And not in the same room. Perhaps I could one day, though... it's not a definite plan, I'm just saying that I haven't ruled out the possibility.
    test
  13. mr.rip

mr.rip New Member

haha you just talk out loud lol i couldn't do it in the same house period lol. i guess it's not cheating if you giving your spouse permission lol. i like to think she'd be like sure go head beat her shit up i don't mind lol.
    test
  14. tight-eyes

test
  15. tight-eyes

Here's a video on two sisters' perspective of Polygeny in Islam: YouTube - POLYGAMY IN ISLAM : MUSLIMAH PERSPECTIVE

I don't agree with a lot of the points they made, but it's interesting to hear their point-of-view and I respect where they are coming from.
    test
  16. Imperial1

Polygamy in Islam is only permitted if the husband is able to provide and take care of more than one wife. He is only allowed up to 4 wives though.

Imperial1
    test
  17. tight-eyes

That's true. The sisters touch on that in the video, as well.
    test
  18. mr.rip

mr.rip New Member

the hell with that to lol 4 women on their periods in the same house lol and you married to all of them lol. i'm good with that lol. to much drama under one roof lol. some women are dick greedy talking bout you had him last night and you want him tonight to lol. he gotta take plenty of ****** to deal with them sexually. one the plus side he should never be hungry or without money. all that head wife and 2nd in command bullshit gotta drive them crazy specially if all 4 of them are black lol. pure drama ha ha.
    test
  19. RunawayGirl

RunawayGirl New Member

Being in an open relationship takes as much work as any other relationship, if not more. I know, because I am in an open relationship with a man that I am very much in love with, and who is very much in love with me.

Now let me make one thing clear: Open relationships are NOT the same as a swinger relationship. They are two COMPLETELY different things.

Open relationships usually involve two people who have an agreement that if at any point in time, you find someone you are attracted to and decide to have a sexual encounter with them, you can, without ever worrying that it would be considered cheating. A lot of people have these relationships for many reasons. Some do it because one part of the couple may be in the military which can make it more stressful when seperated for months to years at a time. Others do it because their jobs require them to travel a lot and again, this can be stressful on a relationship, especially if someone in that relationship feels they are not being satisfied the way they would like to be. Other times, you just want something different. Sure, you may have the Filet Mignon at home, but every now and again, you just want a hamburger or some fried chicken. My relationship with my boyfriend falls under the "don't ask/don't tell" policy. I don't want to know and I don't care to know when and if he has slept with someone else and vice versa. Blatantly throwing something like that in your significant other's face can be detrimental to a relationship. We also do not sleep with any one that we know mutually, especially friends. That is for obvious reasons. The main important aspect of an open relationship is to realize that sex and love are not mutually inclusive. Yes, I may sleep with other men because I find them attractive, but no matter what, my man has my heart. He may sleep with other women because he finds them attractive, but, in his words, "they can't love me like you do." Emotional attachment to your sexual partners would be considered cheating as sharing your heart with someone else when you claim to be in love can ultimately ruin your relationship. And generally, one of the most common consequences is having a sexual partner fall in love with you.

Swinger relationships operate on the basis that a couple can have sex with other people as long as they are doing it together. They generally switch partners with other swinging couples and can even have long term sexual relationships with the couples they have met. Again, jealousy cannot play a role here because of the close contact and full knowledge of your significant other's sexual activities. I have never been in a swinging relationship, nor do I want to, but I do know others who have. Cheating is usually defined as having sexual relationships with other people without your significant other having any knowledge of it.

Regardless, either of these relationships take a strong mind and confidence and again, the ability to realize that sex and love are not mutually inclusive.
    test
  20. Imperial1

I don't see how you can do the "don't ask, don't tell" thing. One of the first things to pop into my mind was my homegirl, who recently just found out that she has full-blown aids and she got it from her husband who knew he had the disease and never told her for "you're going to stay with me no matter what" reasons. (However, she wasn't in an open relationship like you are.) That particular reason there is a reason why I don't think open relationships work. Another reason is that you never know if your partner will eventually start getting emotionally attached to someone else. He/she may have sex with one person but then they'll start going back to that other person more than once or twice and then emotions will start kicking in. And that's how drama will start. Or an illegitimate child may come into the situation as well.

Imperial1
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.