Do you think GOD is Against "weed" consumption?

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by lyricalpriest, Dec 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

And taking a shit isn't actually a sin. God appeared rather more concerned about personal hygiene, telling them to dig a hole outside the camp to go and then cover it up.
    test
  2. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Yeah I know I was just kidding.
    test
  3. miscreant

miscreant 1996 was the shit

my bad

did away with the punishment served for the breaking of the laws
    test
  4. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

I believe we are still called to repent and be free of sin.
    test
  5. miscreant

i believe we just need to accept Jesus as our Lord and Saviour

confess your sins if it makes u feel better, but He already knows what we've done and will do

it's impossible to repent for all your sins

hence the spilling of Jesus' blood
    test
  6. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

i like miscreant! damn son that was deep and i feel so many of those points my view stance is very similar, and about jesus, and the new commandments.

"Jesus said, If you love Me, you will keep My commandments" (Jn. 14:15). (He DID NOT say to keep the Mosaic Law, if you are a Christian.)"

The first of all the commandments is...thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these (Mk. 12:29-31).

Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you (Mt. 5:44).

Be ye...merciful as your Father also is merciful (Lk. 6:36).

Let love be without dissimulation [hypocrisy] (Rm. 12:9a).

Younger [men], submit yourselves unto the elder [men]. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble (1 Pet. 5:5).

i think these were the christ's biggest message!
    test
  7. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

To paraphrase, 'You heard it was said that whoever murders will be in danger of judgment.' Jesus was drawing from the law as he spoke that. 'But I say whoever is angry with his brother is in danger of judgment.' Jesus took the same law that was written before his arrival in the flesh, and he went further with it.

'You have heard it was said, you shall not commit adultery,' drawing again from the old law did Jesus. What did he do with this one? 'Whoever LOOKS at a woman to lust for her has ALREADY committed adultery.' Again, he took the old law and went further with it.

'Again, you have heard it was said to those of old, You shall not bear false witness but shall perform your oaths to the Lord.' Are we beginning to see a theme here? What does Jesus say next? 'But I say to you, do not swear AT ALL: neither by Heaven (God's throne), by earth (his footstool), nor Jerusalem the city of the great King. Nor shall you swear by your head because you are not able to make one hair white or black.'

You, by your own head, are not able to make one hair white or black? What is he saying here? This is akin to saying 'You can't tell what is right from wrong on your own, you need God to do it for you.'

Then he goes onto the turning the other cheek, and the love your enemies bit.

AND BESIDES, the book of Romans is a New Testament book (NOT PART OF THE TORAH OR PART OF THE TANAKH Old Testament).
    test
  8. miscreant

i agree entirely

the biggest thing Jesus was about was love and forgiveness

every Gospel emphasizes this message

and if you could imagine a world where every man, woman and child were able to be full of nothing but love and forgiveness

well, just imagine it

no hate, resentment, jealousy, envy, deceit, dishonor, disloyalty, and so on

Jesus' message

love and forgive

who the fuck are we not to forgive one another for our acts when God has already forgiven us for every single one of our sins by sacrificing Jesus?
    test
  9. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

I don't remember saying confess your sins.

How is it impossible to repent for all your sins? If you have truly accepted Jesus as your Lord and Saviour (and don't take this as contention because it's not) then chances are you have already repented.

We don't count repentance by each confession, but God judges the hearts of men.
    test
  10. miscreant

i assumed your meaning of repent as in the Catholic Church

and u can't really repent without confessing

and a bunch of Hail Mary's and Our Father's isn't enough to repent
    test
  11. miscreant

it's natural to feel regret/remorse when u know you've done something wrong

God doesn't want us to go around feeling sorry for ourselves, full of remorse and what not

love Jesus

acknowledge His sacrifice

have faith

it's not really complicated

the devil tries to make it so
    test
  12. miscreant

no he didn't

but he did pay the price of OUR breaking of the laws (sinning) by his crucifixion

by the spilling of his blood

that was why he came

and to spread the message of LOVE and FORGIVENESS

because God knows not one many ever will never not sin

but God loves us so much he created a way to forgive us

through the sacrifice of Jesus
    test
  13. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Never been Catholic, but strongly Protestant. I just, at a time, came to a point in my life when I was about 16 where I didn't want to be a Christian who just hopped on the Jesus train and then napped the whole way to my destination.

There's no reason to be sulky, but I think some feeling of remorse is exactly what the God of the Bible wants. If he didn't, there wouldn't have put the serpent in the garden. But maybe.... MAYBE he put the serpent in the garden as his very own scapegoat, because maybe he knew that man would eventually sin anyway even if he didn't put the serpent there. He gave us a scapegoat in Christ, but... certainly death would never have come into the world if the devil didn't try and make it so. Perhaps the devil is God's scapegoat. You can't go around acting perfect all the time without a little bit of bloodlust now, can you?
    test
  14. miscreant

God has no control of Satan

hmmm

that's a big statement

the serpent in Eden had nothing to do wit God

i'm not 100% on what i just said

but i said it
    test
  15. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

i know i'm not a christian but it seems to me that to 'accept jesus as your personal savior' you also need to accept his teachings... which is why the verse momento posted is relevant since jesus made it clear that he wasn't loosening the rules at all but actually expanding them.. to look at a woman lustfully is now adultery etc.. hence the need for a savior since nobody can live up to that impossible standard.. hence the need to repent for your sins. but you can't actually repent without believing in the laws in the first place. otherwise it becomes meaningless to repent at all, like miscreant pointed out. but if the law is meaningless then the teachings of jesus were meaningless and so was his sacrifice.
    test
  16. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Its not his creation thats wrong its the idolitry of them. Anything u put b4 God is wrong. Same w weed, its not his creation thats wrong but the abuse. Like many people attempt to quote partial scriptures like "money" is the root of evil when its the 'love' of money
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  17. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

yeah.

we really need this quote thing to work ...

[turn] ...
    test
  18. TheBigPayback

did u get that from the amplified version?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  19. TheBigPayback

Jesus died as to take the punishment for our sins which ultimately shouldve been us dying. But him being sinless fullfilled mankinds punishment for past present an even future sins we may commit. However we are still to try and get better and better eaxh step of the way.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  20. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

i feel more empowered just off the fact we are discussing this stuff like this..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.