Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by lyricalpriest, Dec 21, 2010.
just curious? bc i smoke a lot of weed!
it's one of the main reasons i feel the extra guilt, it always fucks up my high.
the paranoia i get when i'm high is not from the cops, nor is it from anyone else being able to tell that i'm high. nobody can tell if i'm high or not, my eyes rarely get bloodshot.
but it comes from knowing that i shouldn't be doing this, and it's intoxicating my mind. altering it in some sense. that is the ruling in islam, god does not allow us to take anything that alters our minds in anyway, any intoxicant.
if i could pray while being high, i would never quit weed.
but i can't, so i had to.
but the soothing part about it is that god is all forgiving ...
Why create a plant that gets you high in the first place.
Well maybe if God is an uptight dickhead he might. But if he is then hes not really worthy of worship.
Chances are quite good anyways that the first prophets were high on something whether it was Cannabis or Psilocybin Mushrooms when they thought up a God.
what? that's a silly reason for it to be legal in god's eyes.
because he created it?
he created women, all kinds. adultery is still considered a sin.
he has created the earth in its entirety, all the good and all the bad things (poisonous animals, etc.).
the only thing i can do to your response snowy, is lol @ it, hence lol ...
Yes and no, but more yes than no, check out Romans 14.
Taking a shit is a sin also. Deuteronomy 23:13-14
i would say natural shit, completely grown outdoors with no chemical fertilizers, pesticides, etc is cool
hydro, probably not
even alcohol was consumed in the bible
it is the abuse of things which would be looked at unfavorably
Come on. If God created us and then he set up our brain chemistry to interact with weed so easily, he designed us to get high. Allowing THC to bind with our cannabinoid receptors on the same level as other neurotransmitters.
And if we talking Bibleish. Then on some Isaiah 6:6.
"Then one of the seraphs flew over to me with a live coal, which he had taken from the altar with a pair of tongs. He touched it to my lips and declared, “Now that this has touched your lips, Your guilt shall depart And your sin be purged away.”
Sounds to me like one of Gods angels gave Isaiah a toke to purge his sins.
Jesus said it plain as day,
(Jesus "Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man." (Matt. 15:11)
If God came out against something,we wouldn't be able to conceive of or do it because it wouldn't exist.Most of these "moral dilemmas" are not at all divine in origin but purely human in both perception and execution.In the sense that God created All,including us humans,you can stretch to say that God intended for this issue to be a debate in certain dominant culture's subculture at certain times (like ours) but any contention more specific and stringent than that could very well collapse under the weight of its own hubris.
I would say its bad when it becomes a problem. It says to stay sober minded so u can face the attacks of the devil. However it also says do not be drunk with wine but filled with the holy spirit. And it has some things to say about alchohalics. But imo smoking some weed here in there is not a unforgiveable sin.
Posted via Mobile Device
yeah, but using the argument that it's natural is weak.
most intoxicants are derived from a natural source.
grapes, opium, etc.
i can see why it would be illegal to take weed religiously, religiously. it's very hard to pray when you're high, although it does get you closer to your inner self.
meh, do you. just don't abuse it, everything in moderation is the key ...
i've asked this to a christian once years back and the response i got was that christ says in the bible that your body is a temple for the holy spirit and that to smoke weed or do any kind of mind altering substance is to defile the temple of god.
i don't agree with this though because i googled the verse and it seems to be specifically referring to sex. i guess you could expand it to all hedonism, but in that case you can't very well smoke a cigarette or drink a beer or even be gluttonous and consume foods with little nutritional value and high fat. tough decision, your call.
i brought this up during a bible study. Their suggestion was since its not a outright sin unless ur getting into the defilement of your temple arguement which would be an addiction thing, otherwise if u feel in your heart its wrong best not to do it. If u dont go for it. An my personal bible footnote "God made the trees and all green plants good for man to eat and for medicine and for our enjoyment" id think weed being one of em
Posted via Mobile Device
EVERY RESPONSE IN HERE WAS 100% what i was looking for.
snowy... you made a valid point in the scientific factors of canibus. and the scripture you brought up, is an eye opener. hard to interpret tho buti think u may be correct.
Numaan- i agree, i used to have conflict within when i'd be hi, but then i forced my self to realize that was the devil, making me feel ashamed to pray during my intoxication. now i feel when i get hi, me and god have our best conversation's. i think about god and divine things when im hi verses when im sober.
Momento- wtf, taking a shit seriously LMMFAO! well, in that case you bring up a damn good arguement
Miscreant-"it is the abuse of things which would be looked at unfavorably"- this is where i find my soothing realization. although, i smoke more than normal which could constitute to abuse. but i agree. anything that comes between us and the lord, is abusive.
reggie- i agree with you also, in order to follow exact testament we'd be cutting off sugar consumption etc. but jesus wiped the old laws away, and gave us the new law. therefor, we don't have to idolize these ideas of, "temple" stewardship. etc. how can the poor man be blamed for his lack of nutrition when the rich impovershed him and all he can eat is top ramen.
big pay back- thanx you made sense for me and cleared up things. but heres my next question. if addiction is bad, aren't we addicted to god??
that is the next thread im going to make.
oh and deth- LOL yes you make a valid as fuck comment! thanks!
in deut 23 hes saying to cover it up so people cant see the wasten, ida told em the same thing
Posted via Mobile Device
an romans 14 is about not judging your brother just because u practice differently than them. Its about the heart, if u feel in your heart its wrong, dont do it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thank you very much my brutha lyricalpriest.I'm surprised that this topic is apparently as "controversial" as it is.Bottom line here is that nobody on planet Earth at this point in time can draw a rigorous conclusions based on accurate interpretation of first source Biblical documents because--to our knowledge--the ORIGINAL BIBLE DOES NOT EXIST.Therefore each and every reincarnation is merely a HAND WRITTEN COPY of what MIGHT BE the source material but in all likelihood is REALLY a collection of what was determined by the people in power at that time centuries gone--men with a vested interest in controlling all of those who don't belong to their select circler--POLITICALLY EXPEDIENT AND ACCEPTABLE DOCTRINES.This fact is DEVASTATING to any stringent interpretation of allegedly Biblical rigor at this time and for the last thousand years at least,because:
1) The original documents weren't written in English as neither English nor ENGLAND existed at that time.
2) The original works were NOT collected in book form,they were more like scrolls and whatnot
3) Much of the source material derived from the Jewish Torah
4) The Torah itself was a reinterpretation of the original religion of planet earth from which all others derive,which is the African salvation system which seemlessly blended every category of human endeavor without exclusion known as MAAT which the Greeks miscalled THE EGYPTIAN MYSTERY SYSTEM.This includes the entire resurrection story,the story of Moses and the rushes (lifted wholesale from the story of Ausette whom the Greeks called ISIS and her son OSHARU whom the GREEKS called HORUS,and YES both AUSETTE and OSHARU are BLACK and they are the people whom THE DEAD SEA SCROLLS and THE BLACK MADONNAS are based upon),the ascension to heaven (AUSAR/OSIRIS was the first to die,be resurrected by AUSETTE/ISIS,and then returning to heaven),which means:
5) Every debate we have regarding morality which manifests itself within the Judeo-Christian ehtic is also bounded by both the inflexible zealotry typical of such mindsets and beset by the ignorance,arrogance,intolerance,and bloodthirsty politics which have typified the fueds between the various religions since prior to the rise of Greece and Mesopotamia.
6) This discussion about marijuana use is likewise doomed by these same factors,if we make the mistake of thinking that God would weigh in on your bong use.Basic,reliable response here: abusing anything is bad for you.Moderate use of herbs like the original marijuana plant can and has been helpful.Unfortunately,this plant doesn't exist the way it used to exist due to comprehensive soil changes throughout world history,especially and most permanently since 1935-40 and the massive pollutants of The Industrial Age permanently changed the planet's soil table.So don't get hooked on ANYTHING; not even hiphop****velope the character strength and maturity to distinguish between foolish excess and moderate use and mature indulgence.
Don't be a weedhead,son.If you don't smoke or drink at all (like me) that's best of all...but you're not going to hell because you have a dime bag once a month or whatever.
a sin wouldn't be a sin, if it wasn't tempting.
think about it, it's simple ...
even if u don't smoke
u sin every day in so many ways
thank God for Jesus ey
else we'd all be fucked
lp nailed it
Jesus did away wit the laws of the Torah
just accept Him as your Lord and Saviour and you'll see Heaven
Matthew 5:17-22 ERV
(17) "Don't think that I have come to destroy the Law of Moses or the teaching of the prophets. I have come not to destroy their teachings but to give full meaning to them.
(18) I assure you that nothing will disappear from the law until heaven and earth are gone. The law will not lose even the smallest letter or the smallest part of a letter until it has all been done.
(19) "A person should obey every command in the law, even one that does not seem important. Whoever refuses to obey any command and teaches others not to obey it will be the least important in God's kingdom. But whoever obeys the law and teaches others to obey it will be great in God's kingdom.
(20) I tell you that you must do better than the teachers of the law and the Pharisees. If you are not more pleasing to God than they are, you will never enter God's kingdom.
(21) "You have heard that it was said to our people long ago, 'You must not murder anyone. Any person who commits murder will be judged.'
(22) But I tell you, don't be angry with anyone. If you are angry with others, you will be judged. And if you insult someone, you will be judged by the high court. And if you call someone a fool, you will be in danger of the fire of hell.
Jesus didn't do away with laws.
Separate names with a comma.