Do you think Aaliyah's family is staying true to the legacy?

Discussion in 'The R&B Haven' started by babygal, Jun 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. babygal

babygal New Member

I am a huge Aaliyah fan, but sometimes I feel the family is not keeping up with the legacy. Aaliyah's YT channel still lacks HQ videos, the albums haven't been re-relased and are actually out-of-stock, there is no movie on the works (which could take her music to the new generation, and maybe even bring the vibe of the 90s RnB back) and her brother is obnoxious as f*ck on Twitter - I stopped following him long ago after he started being outright not nice to fans of Aaliyah who hadn't said/done anything wrong.

What are your thoughts about it?
    test
  2. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

There's always the Itunes option of getting her music or not?
    test
  3. babygal

babygal New Member

Yes, but you don't have the album work, which is worth having in my opinion. It's not normal, because even MJs albums are being re-released on CD!
    test
  4. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

I guess it depends on the family...but MJ was in a bit of debt, so his (greedy) family had no other choice but to pimp him out posthumously, as I feel that 2pac also suffered the same faith...but it does look strange that Aaliyah's parents haven't done anything...
    test
  5. INHOUSE TALENT

INHOUSE TALENT New Member

i miss her too.
    test
  6. DreMoney

DreMoney The 8th Wonder

Following Aaliyah's brother? WTF?
    test
  7. Temperanza

Temperanza Cunt

She honestly built her legacy and it lives through her. I could give 2 fucks about her family. The don't emulate Aaliyah IMO.
    test
  8. IndiePennedEnt

IndiePennedEnt Miami Record Label

Aaliyah is Aaliyah... it seems that her family doesn't recognize her worth as a musician... maybe they are undergoing some kind of problem or they don't have the power to do so... I'm not sure... but the brother seems to be rude. hmmm... It's a shame... I like Aaliyah's music. I used to listen to her music when I was younger...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.