Do you have a Training partners or you Train alone?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by VishTaphney, Mar 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

I notice when I have someone pushing me and telling me I can do one more rep it helps...I used to train alone alot before I got into mma and it got boring fast and I would not push myself to my full potential...its kinda hard to stay motivated when no one is pushing you.
    test
  2. Snow Turd

Snow Turd New Member

I get people to spot me on freeweight shit like Bench (Incline / Flat / Decline) and Shoulder Press w/ The bar... and Tricep presses... other than that naaaah cuz there ain't no need for a spotta.
    test
  3. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

I train alone 95% of the time.

I only get spotted on the bench and thats only if I'm going heavy which is not very often. Its way better when you have a training partner pushing you, but whatever.
    test
  4. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

I usually lift by myself. I get myself pumped up.
    test
  5. worDwell

worDwell New Member

I lift with a buddy. Sometimes it counter productive because we'll start cracking jokes, but overall I feel a get more out of a work out, because of the camaraderie, motivation, and both of us wanting to improve.

Also we can make comments on each others form whenever it starts to break, or see how we can adjust an excercise to make it more effective/economical.
    test
  6. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

yeap
    test
  7. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

ya the advantage of having a partner is they can see if your form is bad especially on dead lifts and bent over rows....if your back is rounding out they will say you gotta put your back straight.

I had no idea that my back wasnt straight when I was doing the bent over rows for my back glad i had a partner to correct me since i dont have eyes on the back of my head.
    test
  8. doubl3

doubl3 aka AyHay

yea, guess having a partner is a good thing, spotting, etc ...but, i get motivated having my music on full blast, i hate taking out my earphones to hear what my boy's saying or telling him what to do, iunno ..all i need in the gym is my music..
    test
  9. worDwell

worDwell New Member

We turn on the stereo while we work out. Yesterday we were bumping old school easy-E.

I've read that its good to listen to music during excercise.. something to do with how your brain is wired.
    test
  10. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

When I first started I did. It didn't work out. We'd just end up shitting around.

I have a sparring partner at the gum.
    test
  11. style-rip

style-rip Lakers>Clippers

i train by myself.. i get focused, and when i hit the weights, i dont like having any distractions. no girls. no friend talkin about what we're gona do this weekend. i just get into a zone where i zero-in on what has to be done and i block out my surroundings
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.