do you do it from the fear of hell, or for the love of heaven? ...

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Nu'maaN, Dec 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

... half my life has been from the fear of hell.

then it was for the love for heaven/paradise.

it'll be difficult to pray for the love and sake of the almighty himself, but it's doable.

that is my main aim ...

[turn] ...
    test
  2. miscreant

miscreant 1996 was the shit

for the love of life
    test
  3. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

For the hatred of the world, mostly. Better to stick my head in big books of 'strange' claims than to be the next Hitler, I guess. But wait, Hitler was Catholic.

But on Heaven or Hell... as a believer I always tried to think of it from the angle of "Should I be pursuing this really out of wanting to go to Heaven or should I be doing so out of praise for my Lord which wants me to go to Heaven?" The majority of my time wasn't really spent in fear of Hell. I felt guilt at times, and certainly I hoped that I would not be placed in Hell. But I think I tried earnestly to pay more attention to the question "What does God really want of me?" And I think that helped me to become a bit more attentive to what really matters, and it helped me a lot in determining what matters to me. I feel silly deep right now, that it's kind of embarrassing.
    test
  4. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

yes^ sometimes the world disgusts me an i know this isnt how its supposed to be. Plus transfiguration will be cool as shit. But u should fear God in some ways to keep u on the straight and narrow
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  5. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

tbh.. i don't do it out of fear... nor am i pursuing heaven to benefit from the kingdoms riches. i do it, because deep down inside my heart i feel that god loves me more than any thing could explain. and i feel that i want to love the god back with the same intensity, but i am constantly discouraged through my short comings.

i do it now out of obedience.
    test
  6. TheBigPayback

Dont be bothered by any shortcomings the bible says even the hearts of the righteous are like dirty rags to a holy God. Its god seeing u through the blood of his son that makes us upright in his sight. Because of our belief in him
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  7. JASON ANTHONY

JASON ANTHONY White Devil

For me it’s fear of hell, only because I've never experienced heaven. Saying that it's beyond my wildest dreams isn't enough. A half second of experience may be all I need to thirst after it for the rest of my life, but I know that will never happen. I'm more scared of death than anything else which I know to be bass-ackwards, but it's true. Hell scares the shit out of me, but at the same time I question its existence causing me to only think about it during intense moments of silence.
    test
  8. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

do what exactly? cuz i dont do what i think youre talking about

but i love life
    test
  9. TheBigPayback

In what terms bussa?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  10. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

thats what i wanna know.

whats he talkin about doing?

all i know is i love life and have an uncommon understanding and respect for everything alive. I believe in powers of the mind. I believe in positive negative energy. I believe things just are and thats the way it is. I believe as humans we attatch emotion to things when as i said before, things are they way they are just because. Once you can fully understand that. You will find inner bliss or for the lack of a better word maybe "heaven"
    test
  11. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Think Nu means practicing religion, or more broadly and less specifically the pursuit of the Almighty.

I think most people search for peace of mind if not God. And I think you can do both out of either fear or love - you either do it by directly pursuing something that changes you, or you change yourself by avoiding things that do harm to you. Adding Heaven and Hell to the equation explains the concept in a more illustrative fashion.
    test
  12. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

yep, what memento said.

pretty much ...

[turn] ...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.