Do you agree with today's NRAs Response to Mass Shootings?

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by The Wise Owl, Dec 21, 2012.

?

DO YOU SUPPORT THE NRA?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, but they need to change their stance on gun control.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No way.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adam b free

adam b free Member

test
  2. You People

You People Active Member

Jesus Christ I'd only gotten through half of the first page and had to stop. Advocating fucking nursery teachers to possess fire-arms in schools, like they're fucking trained mercenaries - yeah that'll work. Can't see a single issue with that. Perfect solution. Carry on as you were.
    test
  3. FeedMeMore

FeedMeMore Moderator

But what if during a tragedy you shoot the wrong person or miss and hit a different target and you cause a greater tragedy than the one you are stopping. Or police get there and 4 or 5 people are all shooting as they all have weapons. If you aiming at the shooter you aint seeing the police

You ignore what could go wrong with what could go right

A marine being there and saving the life is a bit different than a regular civilian who has just gone to the shooting range a couple times trying to be hero

NRA are not looking at it honestly If they found guns to be a problem What do you think they will say

THey are psychotic if they believe in there heart what they preach. The problem with gun violence is not enough guns?

I swear in the movie theatre there were those in there with guns. Going back to the wildwest shootouts is not a good idea

WIth teachers having weapons in the heat of the moment do you think we will have a bunch of teachers saving the day or a bunch of kids in the crossfire. How many you think are crack shots never miss go throgh a wall and kill another kid.
    America has one of the most lax gun control laws and one of the worst gun problems. THere is no evidence that having more guns would decrease crime in any bit.

If you are a criminal and knowing that teachers carry in the schools or cars would you not break in and steal it
    test
  4. FeedMeMore

FeedMeMore Moderator

See this mentality is exactly what's wrong with America. YOu feel that nobody else in another country is good to learn from. If America is doing it it must be right.

1. America isn't the only place in the world with school shootings
    2. Not the only place with guns and gun violence
    3. Learning from other countries especially ones very similar like Canada is great to see how things might work in theory before trying it in your own country

It's not only a gun issue but the fact that this kid had access to the weapons he did was ridiculous. WHy regular people need assault rifles and stuff like that is totally illogical. THe whole fighting the gun laws which many have no benefit but America is too afraid to lose there guns
    test
  5. filthrich

filthrich Guarocuya

[youtube]9hFHzzpdVVU[/youtube]
    test
  6. Shameless

Shameless Friendship is magic!

I own a gun. I've never touched it since I bought it. Just an "In case of emergencies" thing and I'm not talking about stopping bank robberies or school shootings. More of a "Hey don't break into my home or I'll probably shoot you" kind of thing.

Please don't let Imdemented represent all americans on this board. We already have IKA trying to exclude Canadians out of any discussion that happens here and that's bad enough.
    test
  7. Shameless

Shameless Friendship is magic!

Mass Effect
    1,370,700 likes
    Fans of Mass effect that coincidentally flipped shit and shot up a school

OMG BAN VIDEO GAMES
    test
  8. AsWeProceed

AsWeProceed Well-Known Member

ImDementeD

apt name
    test
  9. zonal000

zonal000 Well-Known Member

Cool. I was worried that someone referring to himself as 'demented' and lecturing us all about the godlike power of gun ownership and how most problems can be solved by a carefully aimed headshot was representative of things down there.
    test
  10. The Wise Owl

The Wise Owl Active Member

What do you mean mental health needs to be addressed? Its cool to say that but I'm curious what you mean and how this would reduce or prevent mass shootings?
    test
  11. brownzvill19

brownzvill19 Active Member

Complete bullshitt all around movies has beeing having gun use before any of us here were born so you can't say that what's doing it video games the same thing. I can see if he use a tatic seen in any of them formms of media. And if that's the case what's th excuse for people who do other acts of violence you can't put the blame on other things some people are just sick in the fuckking head it sounds like a cop out answer but it holds more merrit then blameing other things
    test
  12. MindTaker

MindTaker GFY

The kid that shot up the school had a history of mental health problems and lots of people knew about it. His mother had even told people that he was "getting worse" and, IDK if this has been confirmed or not, was talking about getting him committed which may have been a major catalyst for his shooting spree.
    test
  13. FeedMeMore

FeedMeMore Moderator

I also don't get the fact that you guys don't understand the effect of music movies and other things we watch and listen too affect your mentality. It's nonsens Look at as society gone worse so has video games ovies etc...

Games won't make you crazy and won't cause you too shoot up. But they do give those already crazy some crazy ideas. They do afect your psyhce on how you might value life.

With the mental health issue you have people wwho can't afford proper mental health so will be ignored until deemed a danger
    test
  14. GASP

GASP ¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!

Anything that can protect the innocent
    If armed guards will shoot a frustrated homicidal nerd virgin before he kills any more people I'm totally in..

They will have to kill the motherfucker tho, not just wound him
    test
  15. bells720

bells720 New Member

Only way the kid kills 26 people in ten minutes is with an assault weapon. Ban assault weapons again. Will drug cartels still get them? Ya. Will sheltered suburban kids with social disorders? Probably not.

Arming teachers is dumb. We've had one elementary school shooting in decades. The number of deaths related to accidental shootings from having guns in schools will totally outpace the death rate from random attacks.

Everything about the NRA is non sense. They are a lobbying group and like all lobbyists, their loyalty is to their cause, not logic or the public interest.
    test
  16. bells720

bells720 New Member

Finally just read through this thread and can't believe how dumb most of these responses are. Smh.
    test
  17. imDementeD

imDementeD Member

Ok, so we look at what could go wrong, and exclude what can go right?..is that how we should work..do we not ever send kids to schools because the possibility of someone being killed is there, do we stop driving because you might get in an accident and die?...

or do we try to do things that prevent deaths.
    You look at having trained people with guns as a problem

again look at the Vice principal of Pearl High school, in 1997 this armed civilian stopped a 16yr old that was shooting people at the school..2 deaths..thats it..

now what COULD of went wrong, maybe 20 kids, maybe 32..maybe the VP could of gotten killed and the guy went on to shoot 100 people..but it didnt because of an armed civilian, 2 deaths were the result of a school shooting.

now again, they need training yes, they need bullets that do not ricochet(there is such things youtube)..

in the movie theater, people were not allowed to conceal carry so no there wasn't any

everyone says OH THE CROSS FIRE...it'll kill more!! prove it...what we know for sure is that, in typical situations where there is an armed civilian, they stop the bad guys, the only cross fire ive see go wrong was from POLICE trying to shoot a suspect and hit like 10 other people....

test
  18. imDementeD

imDementeD Member

and you'll be one of many that get in a situation need to use your gun and fumble with it, forget to take the safety off, forget to chamber a round. You have no practice with it yet you think its going to protect you? what all by itself?..

people like you make gun owners look bad, because you'd end up a statistic, the media will feed off it like "see this guy had a gun, dude broke in to rob him, he grabbed it and the robber ended up taking it from him and killing him" and im like yea cause that dumbass didn't even know how to use his own weapon...but they'll think all of us are dumb enough to think like that.

so yes, you should not own a gun, if you're not going to practice with it...figure out issues, how to fix it if it jams etc.

test
  19. imDementeD

imDementeD Member

i would bet my life on the fact, if i went into a school or any non armed building of mass people, with JUST my pistol (5-6 mags that hold 12) i could easily take out 26 people...
    the assault weapons advantage doesn't take effect until 100+ meters ..
    you say OH ITS 30rd MAGS!!...i got 20 round mags for my pistol, glock makes 33rds for their pistols...so you can get huge mags and again..when it comes to sitting ducks, any gun will easily kill...

test
  20. imDementeD

imDementeD Member

You're exactly wrong, i am not scared of a single thing, why because i know i can protect myself.
    Again you may live in a fantasy world were, things don't go wrong..but fact is i know things do
    i've seen what happens when a black guy gets beaten by white cops(la riots)
    when a hurricane does mass destruction(katrina/robbing/looting/murder/rape)
    i've seen what happens when a govt. goes corrupt and its civilians are unarmed(Stalin/Hitler) ..you can think these things will never happen again and thats fine...i am smarter than that :)

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.