Do you agree with today's NRAs Response to Mass Shootings?

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by The Wise Owl, Dec 21, 2012.

?

DO YOU SUPPORT THE NRA?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, but they need to change their stance on gun control.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No way.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JustJ123

JustJ123 Well-Known Member

You're telling me you regularly leave the house with a bullet proof vest on? And you've never even been in a shoot out before?

I don't know why I'm arguing with you, you're clearly an extremely irrational person(sorry, but its true) and base a lot of your opinions around fear.

And of course it doesn't put them in the actual situations, but it prepares them for them. Do you honestly think you're as prepared for a life & death situation as a police officer is? Do you prepare for them? Have you been taught how to asses situations properly? I really don't think you have.

You can act like you know how you would respond, that just tells me you're the kind of person who collapses in a situation like this.

Any realist will tell you that they don't know how they are going to react, even if they've been in the situation before. You really don't know much about variables do you? Far too many things can happen that change how a person reacts to a situation.

You think just because you are a "fight mode" person from your limited experiences you're going to go into fight mode when you see someone get shot in the head?

Have you ever even seen someone with a bullet wound in front of you? Not even a lethal one, just an open wound from a bullet? Now imagine that person laying lifeless on the floor and tell me how you're going to respond. :idontbelieveu2:
    test
  2. JustJ123

While I don't approve of what Zimmerman did

Radio dispatchers can't legally instruct you to do anything. All they can do is advise you of what the best course of action would be.

You are 100% within your own right to not listen to that advice and act on your own.

Granted Zimmerman is an idiot, but dispatchers have no authority.
    test
  3. Buddha Watt

Buddha Watt Well-Known Member

You're giving Zimmermann all the benefits of the doubt here though. You're basically basing it off of his story. His story doesn't sound likely at all tbh.

On a separate note, there are so many ignorant people on this forum. "Foreigners cant say shit about 'Mericans! 'Merica all day!" Pfft, as if being born in Alabama makes you far more qualified to talk intelligently about gun control...
    test
  4. lightskintwin

lightskintwin Black Militant Racist

:idontbelieveu2:

During Zimmerman's 911 call he made reference to people he felt had gotten away with break-ins in the neighborhood, and while talking about Trayvon, stated "these assholes, they always get away" and also said "these fucking punks"

If not by race and wardrobe, what other attributes did Zimmerman use to identify a complete stranger as not only suspicious but associated it with recent burglaries, and punks that always get away with these particular crimes.
    test
  5. Tricky P

Tricky P Well-Known Member

This is a great idea. Probably happens already to a smaller extent. They should make it easier though, like a shortened run at teachers college after military service etc.
    test
  6. imDementeD

imDementeD Member

Well in all honesty, his story does add up to the events that happened, he's the only one that was their that can tell his side. So like the laws go, innocent til proven guilty. I'm not close minded to think he wasn't in the wrong, he may of been but you're going to have to prove it to me. I don't think he should of followed like mentioned. But after that if he left to go back to his truck and was confronted then i think he was well within his right...And the scream that was recorded on the 911 call from another neighbor was his scream (which did sound like a child screaming for their life)....
    test
  7. imDementeD

imDementeD Member

wardrobe i can understand, race is where i think you're reaching.
    And make sure you heard the unaltered tapes, not the ones the mass media released that are PROVEN to been altered, and now zimmerman is suing them for that(they tried to make him appear racist by calling him black when in fact the 911 operator ASKED him the color of the person)
    test
  8. JustJ123

The problem with assigning a specific person to each school(If it were even necessary) whose entire duty is to protect the school from shootings is you're putting a target on that persons back.

Just cause you're trained doesn't mean you can kill the kid before he kills you, most of these shootings are well thought out. You think they aren't going to think to shoot the guy with the gun first?

Solution to that is give them a partner, but then we require twice as many people.

Money would be better spent on Mental Health than it would be on keeping something like this in place.
    test
  9. imDementeD

imDementeD Member

I understand all your points, no i dont take my vest with me anywhere, its in the closet if a situation where to happen, its called be prepared as much as you can be(look at the LA Riots).

Now you're right , as ive agreed already. I haven't been in a gun fight, i can only base my assumptions off what i have been through. Maybe i will get scared and crouch in a corner maybe ill react and shoot and get a kill...

I am a realist i do understand everything your alluding to and its logical.

But again i do the best to prepare myself that i can(minus taking more courses which i plan to do in the future with weapons)

Have i seen someone shot before in person, not close enough to see it actually happen, but a place i use to work was right across the street from some section 8 crack head ass houses. I heard the shots, came out of the warehouse i was working in(8 years ago when this happened i was only 18 at the time and no didn't own a firearm) guy was laying in the street motionless...yes it was crazy as fuck...and to be completely honest, i think im softer now then i was then, i value life a lot more now than then.

Again, i can't say what would really happen like mentioned but i do what i can to prepare myself the best i can for any situation and my girl as well..Hopefully it never happens but i know im more prepared for it today then i was yesterday and thats the best i can do ...
    test
  10. imDementeD

imDementeD Member

this is the main reason i support conceal carry at schools for teachers/faculty...no one would know who actually has a gun or if ANYONE has one..same rules that apply to the rest of the state...kids won't know shooters won't know..again they just need to get the training similar to police, to try to prepare for chaotic situations and use ammo that doesn't ricochet to help protect..they should also have mandatory range time at least monthly..shooting isn't a skill you acquire and keep ..its not like riding a bike..you need to practice often to be efficient and to make it where its second nature, so you automatically do while your brain is going "WTF!!!"

test
  11. LebanonLevi

LebanonLevi AMISH MAFIA

You dont have to choose a side. Thats the problem, most people think they do. Most people should know by now that neither side has the solution.
    test
  12. imDementeD

imDementeD Member

^ good point, you dont have to choose a side , you don't have to be pro gun or anti gun, you just have to decide whether people should have the RIGHT to be pro gun or anti gun..
    basically if anti gun wins, there's no more choices, you can't decide for yourself anymore.
    Being pro gun doesn't make you have to go out an arm yourself, but if you want to..you can..if not , cool..
    test
  13. zipperhedjoe

zipperhedjoe Conrad murray, mic killa

I aint read all of the responses here yet but i think the problem aint a single aspect. Its a mix of a whole buncha aspects. People be arguing things like "we need to ban guns!" "we need to improve mental health programs!" or "we need to strap our kids!" but theyre all right. All of those aspects had a role in the shooting.
    instead of changing one of the policies drastically we could change all of the policies a lil bit because that would probably be easier.
    test
  14. zonal000

zonal000 Well-Known Member

Thread is mostly one guy talking in great detail about his experience as a gun owner. Does anyone just own a gun in America, or do you have to let it take over your life to the point of obsession?

The Canadians I know who own guns just own them, they don't treat them as fetishized objects for all their hopes and dreams and a focal point for the construction of their identity.

It's interesting that the primary response to this event is that a good gun-loving psycho should have been present to take out a bad gun-loving psycho. Both sides fueled by the same psychotic fantasies of playing at solo commando solving problems by shooting.
    test
  15. dwelz

dwelz ,,|,,(-_-),,|,,

Mental health needs to be addressed first. Until then, nothing will matter. Dont feel like elaborating. That is all.
    test
  16. FreshToDeath

FreshToDeath ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿╤──

add more guns and blame video games..

:dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

nra <<<
    test
  17. JackDeuce

JackDeuce Well-Known Member

In my time I've spent here I've been pretty nice towards people and try not to be too much of a dick for no reason...but...Americans seem to be a deeply scared and cowardly group as a rule. They seem to fear everything, and seem to run to guns in altercations because they're incapable of handling themselves otherwise.

The whole love of guns thing is super creepy and pathetic and constant fear for safety that people feel can't be healthy.

As for the statement, the NRA are the creepiest, most pathetic, most cowardly and most scared subsect of American society coming out with a cowardly, equivocating statement placing the blame on everyone while never accepting their own share.
    test
  18. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

I just think the answer is to ban SCHOOL....

or to monitor the fuckin' weirdo nerds more carefully sheesh
    test
  19. IKNOWALL

IKNOWALL Well-Known Member

Canadians you dont have a voice in this. The school shootings is not a gun issue.
    test
  20. lightskintwin

lightskintwin Black Militant Racist

:jaydamn:
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.