Do you agree with today's NRAs Response to Mass Shootings?

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by The Wise Owl, Dec 21, 2012.

?

DO YOU SUPPORT THE NRA?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, but they need to change their stance on gun control.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No way.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JustJ123

JustJ123 Well-Known Member

Police training means more than just knowing how to use a firearm, it also includes knowing how to remain calm and collect when in a dangerous situation. Knowing how to properly asses risks, etc etc

If you think you're as good at that as your average police officer(Most of which aren't even that good tbh) I think you're being delusional. What experience do you have in these types of situations?

If a police officer wearing a bullet proof vest feels his life is at risk and makes some wrong decisions because of it what makes you think you, the guy without any sort of protective armor, who may be in a situation like this for the first time in his life, stands any chance to do better?

There are far too many variables to take into account.
    test
  2. lightskintwin

lightskintwin Black Militant Racist

I'm not arguing to ban guns; I'm just saying the more guns solution is retarded...

Plus there's a difference to being trained in using a gun and being trained to to be calm and making the right decisions in situations that you're unsure if they're life threatening.

Wow at your last statement and negged TBH
    test
  3. Know the Ledge

Know the Ledge brother man, brother man

factual

as usual
    test
  4. imDementeD

imDementeD Member

who say's i don't have a level 3 armor vest?...And their training doesn't put them in ACTUAL situations, so you don't know what you will/won't do in a situation..

Now , ive never been in a gun fight, i do train, and i've been in plenty situations to understand how i am as a person. When scared, i'm a fight person. In a "panic" situation, i do stay calm and logical..im very quick on my feet and witty. These are things you do not learn until you experience them, and it doesn't take a gun fight to draw these things out..
    test
  5. imDementeD

imDementeD Member

neg it again, know what actually happened and neg it one more time.
    about the gun ban, i understand, im not saying arm america, but i believe in the RIGHT to do so.

If you want to learn and carry, you should be able to. That's what im saying.
    Honestly, when i got my first handgun, it scared me and was overwhelming . The responsibility you have as an owner is crazy.
    I learned though, trained, took a course for my cwp, and honestly changed my entire outlook on life, how i carry myself.

I use to fight if someone was disrespecting, now i honestly don't even respond to shit like that anymore, i learned how to deter from situations, i stay very aware of everything going on around me and possible situations...
    its seriously a big deal to own and i never could of imagined all of this not ever owning a gun, nor would i ever completely understand it..

again the thing with Trayvon is this, Zimmerman did wrong by following, im sure we can all agree on that, he should of left it alone, but at some point he did, he started going back to his vehicle, thats when the first situation ended...then trayvon confronted zimmerman, punched him/dropped him, got on top and started beating zimmermans ass, thats when zimmerman felt like he was in fear for his life and took legal action..

Coming from someone who had a friend, a great friend that was just a great person all around, always joking etc...Get into a fight(he was drunk and instigated it from reports) and lose his life, i know the fact that a fight can turn deadly, and if you feel like it is and thats your action, then you need to protect yourself..
    thats why i feel the way i do about the trayvon thing...now IF the courts can prove Zimmerman didn't turn back and Trayvon was simply defending himself by fighting (which is plausible) then my opinion changes...im open minded
    test
  6. playerhater

playerhater thecrackthedopetheice

:hoffawut::chefwat::idontbelieveu2::qphaaaan:
    test
  7. iAmAchilles

iAmAchilles disrespectful nigguh

yessir, i stay at the trap house with like 25 rifles
    test
  8. iAmAchilles

iAmAchilles disrespectful nigguh

lol at 10 no's, never woulda guessed id see a buncha liberal fags online. have fun at your kum ba yah circles
    test
  9. The Wise Owl

The Wise Owl Active Member

You really are demented.
    What a horrible thing to say.
    :watwudthatdo:
    test
  10. imDementeD

imDementeD Member

yea i said it in a disrespectful way to make a point, that is wrong i understand, if we could seriously keep a civil convo around here i'd be more then happy to not attack or say things of this nature but sometimes i feel its the only way to get through to some hard headed people..

but regardless, do you think its ok for Trayvon to break zimmermans nose? shove his head into the sidewalk?...thats fine by you...here in florida you can't just attack someone, there's repercussions, you could get your ass whipped, you could get arrested, or you can get killed...thats the law..
    test
  11. The Wise Owl

The Wise Owl Active Member

Whether he did those things or not, the punishment certainly should not be death.
    test
  12. imDementeD

imDementeD Member

Do you realize you can die in a fight? And if you feel that you're going to and had a legally obtained gun on you to protect yourself...what would you do...let yourself possibly die...or shoot..
    thats the situation zimmerman was stuck with...so he did what he felt was necessary in the situation.

its easy to sit outside and make judgement...but trying to imagine yourself there and figure out what you would of done...

he said trayvon was reaching for his gun..which also changes things as well...what if he was and what if he would of got the gun from zimmerman..

what if zimmerman ended up killed by his own weapon...

but instead the media ruined the story, admittedly altered the 911 tapes to make zimmerman sound like a racist, then you get al sharpton and jesse james talking shit they know nothing about and portray this guy as an 8yr old with the picture they choose to use...

story was fucked, the only people i found reporting what really happened was a local paper(the orlando sentinel)..the mass media MADE a story...
    test
  13. ubr0ke

ubr0ke I run shit hurr

come to obtva so I can piss you. negged.
    test
  14. imDementeD

imDementeD Member

you're obviously retarded, thanks for the neg..like shit matters? ...fking kids.
    test
  15. ubr0ke

ubr0ke I run shit hurr

let me guess your a christian too?
    edit

white christian?
    test
  16. imDementeD

imDementeD Member

actually, i think religion is a joke at best.

but yes, i am white.
    test
  17. ubr0ke

ubr0ke I run shit hurr

If anything, you americans could learn something from your gun controlled neighbours to the north.
    test
  18. imDementeD

imDementeD Member

again the issue with this is the fact Canada and America are nothing alike.
    also, this kid that did this massacre that sparked this outrage, did NOT legally obtain any guns, he killed for them and took them.

I don't know why people don't understand, criminals don't give a fk about a law..

Cocaine is against the law....so that simply means no one here can get it?...criminals know differently..same thing with guns, criminals will always get done what they want..

on top of that..the three biggest mass murders in american history, didn't involve a single firearm and killed over 100x as many people as what just happened.
    test
  19. lightskintwin

lightskintwin Black Militant Racist

:idontbelieveu2:

So yo think it's ok for a paranoid, armed, overzealous, wanna be crime stopper to racially profile an unarmed 17 year old kid that's not in any act of committing a crime, and assume their suspicious because they're black and wearing a hoody, call the cops and ignore their instructions of waiting for them to arrive, proceed to follow the "suspect" and again ignore direct instructions from the police to stand down and wait for their arrival, in order to confront a completely innocent stranger which instigated the entire unfortunate and tragic incident.

If anybody should've felt threatened in that situation it's Trayvon.
    test
  20. imDementeD

imDementeD Member

Like said, IF zimmerman didn't stop, because the reports as they are as of now, is that zimmerman did stop after he lost sight of trayvon, started heading back to his truck and then trayvon confronted him..

so like said....IF zimmerman didn't head back to his truck, you're absolutely correct, trayvon had the right to protect himself and "stand his ground"..however if zimmerman turned away and then trayvon confronted him...by law thats the situation that escalated to trayvon's death..

there was another case here in florida, where these guys speed through this suburban neighborhood, dad jumped on bike to catch them at the stop sign..started yelling at these guys to slow down his children play out there etc....and rode away...situation over guys in truck no longer need to stand their ground or do anything its over....BUT the passenger jumped out attacked the father who happened to be concealed carrying...father shot and killed the passenger, got off for self defense..

and a lot of your argument is based off assumption. And i love the racism, cause he was fucking black!!! thats why...no not because zimmerman in the call said "hes acting very odd like hes on drugs or something"...no not that...its simply because he's black..not because he's not from the neighborhood and was visiting because he was suspended from school in miami area...no , not that..just because he was black wearing a hoodie..that;'s the sole reason...
    Logic ftw!

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.