Do you agree with today's NRAs Response to Mass Shootings?

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by The Wise Owl, Dec 21, 2012.

?

DO YOU SUPPORT THE NRA?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, but they need to change their stance on gun control.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No way.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imDementeD

imDementeD Member

have you heard of tyranny?
    do you know who Joseph Stalin is?
    How about Hitler?

do some research on your history, theres more reasons to own weapons other then protecting yourself from another person.
    again act like its impossible, surely the jews thought in 1938 when their right to firearms were taking away that, its ok, the govt. won't do anything to us that would harm us...6 million dead jews later...get the picture?

america is free because of the 2nd amendment ... take away the guns of every american today , and see the real power of the govt. tomorrow.

you will have no rights, sort of what is already happening quietly , but it would get worse, and you will have nothing you can do..just sit there and take it..
    test
  2. playerhater

playerhater thecrackthedopetheice

i'm fine with an armed police officer at every school tbh. my high school had one and you wouldn't even notice he was there unless you were getting rolled or doing something stupid

also fine with no assault weapons. more often than not u don't need a damn ar15 with a red dot and flashlight to defend your home. everyone should be able to own a handgun

the 2nd amendment defense is a retarded argument. i couldn't give a fuck what the people that wrote it over 200 years ago thought about it then it doesn't apply now. the constitution should be able to be changed to be relevant to the time period we're in. the prohibition amendments were changed.

the issue of mental health needs to be addressed more seriously and brought to light

violent video games prevent me from going on a killing spree. gta4 is a great stress reliever.

random thoughts. NRA are a bunch of idiots but so are the people trying to ban all guns completely

hard to take sides in this one tbh
    test
  3. imDementeD

imDementeD Member

you miss the point, the point being it takes ONE second to change a magazine regardless how many rounds are in it..
    The understand her exaggeration but that wasn't the point...point being you can carry 6-10 mags on you, whats it matter if you have 30rd per mag or 10..just carry more mags..it takes a second to change them..shit ive seen people reload an sks faster then some people have changed magazines out..
    The fastest clip you'll probably ever see. - YouTube

test
  4. Marotta

Marotta The Engineer

I'm definitely not saying everyone should have guns, I'm saying that there should be armed, trained people available to keep people safe in situations like those of late.

Imagine a program that had Military personnel becoming school teachers/staff after they were done with their tours, this is a bit far fetched, yes, but something in the vain of that, would be extremely beneficial in the security of these institutions.
    test
  5. imDementeD

imDementeD Member

this shows your intelligence is lacking, the amendment is alive in well, again you think your ok, or maybe your just fine with your govt. feeding you and taking care of you.

But america is suppose to be about freedom, freedom from tyranny..again people continuously overlook or think it can't happen til you vote all your rights away then your back to slavery(not exactly like your ancestors but close enough)

Have you never heard "history repeats itself" its not a gimmick , its real shit, read a fucking book and educate yourself.
    test
  6. lightskintwin

lightskintwin Black Militant Racist

:idontbelieveu2:

This idea that you're going to transform into Rambo in the unlikely event the time comes is cute.
    test
  7. JustJ123

JustJ123 Well-Known Member

And you missed my point.

If you can reload 2 guns at the same speed, and one gun can shoot 5x as many bullets as the other gun which one is more dangerous?

Of course you can reload them at the same speed, the point I'm getting at is one of them lets out more bullets, while still being reloaded in a fraction of a second by a trained shooter.

Lets say your magazine holds 10 rounds, and I have a gun that holds a 100 round magazine.

Who can shoot 100 rounds faster? Me, the guy with the 100 round magazine, or you the guy who has to stop to reload every 10 shots? It doesn't matter how fast you can reload, it makes a difference.

If we just kept shooting you would literally never be able to keep up with the amount of rounds I can fire.

Its a fucking bunk argument and anyone who makes it isn't looking at the big picture.
    test
  8. playerhater

playerhater thecrackthedopetheice

:hoffawut:

you're not gonna be able to do shit with your guns and ammunition when the government finally decides to turn into this dystopia you're so afraid of

u think ur rambo or some shit?
    test
  9. imDementeD

imDementeD Member

yea, no one has ever saved themselves during something tragic..
    the vice principal didn't stop a school shooter before

a 12 yr old boy didn't shoot an armed intruder to save him and his siblings
    a 14 yr old girl didn't shoot an intruder while she was home alone

nope none of these things happened, yet somehow you think that i even want to transform into a rambo is...laughable at best..i just want the right to protect myself in the case i need to. Or my family.
    test
  10. Marotta

Marotta The Engineer

This is on point.

Fuck I gotta plot it out in Matlab or something
    test
  11. imDementeD

imDementeD Member

again i do understand, and her argument was exaggerated like mentioned
    also the reason for that argument in her speech, was for the fact they think if you only have 10 round mags, you can rush the person while they are changing out to a new mag..which is why she said it doesnt matter if they have one bullet or 100, when they switch mags, you have no time to try to rush the person(if you watched the entire video you would of heard that)
    but they think making a mag from 30rds to 10..is going to change something, when in reality a person can easily carry more then enough ammo whether it be in mags of 10 or 30..they would still be able to do devastating damage to innocent unarmed civilians.
    test
  12. JustJ123

JustJ123 Well-Known Member

History repeats itself because of human nature.

1000 years from now the same shit is going to happen.
    test
  13. imDementeD

imDementeD Member

this is where you're wrong. I will do what i can, maybe it won't be enough maybe it will, but theres millions more that are willing to do the same.
    Far less equipped people have done far more..
    test
  14. lightskintwin

lightskintwin Black Militant Racist

:idontbelieveu2:

yeah, no one has ever fucked up and shot and killed somebody innocent or unarmed tragically when their life wasn't in jeopardy.

Shit, the police do it all the time and their trained specifically to be in those situations.

The fuck you think happens with untrained armed civilians who feel threatened but really aren't in life threatening situations?

The Trayvon Martin case comes to mind

This likelihood is far greater than somebody turning into The Last Action Hero and saving the day in scenarios that are unlikely to occur in the first place.
    test
  15. doslavozes

doslavozes Neg This Post If You're Gay

For the record there was another Trayvon Martin case not much later, I believe also in Florida. I forget the kids name though. Vigilantes kill plenty of innocent people as well.
    test
  16. Know the Ledge

Know the Ledge brother man, brother man

no to gun gods standing at the pearly gates imho iirc
    test
  17. zonal000

zonal000 Well-Known Member

I guess having less of an alienating society that's obsessed with violence and cultivating a mythology of an avenging one-man army is out of the question.

No, either the guns go or the video games.
    test
  18. MattPORTLAND

MattPORTLAND Well-Known Member

Arm school children with assault rifles imo

Only reasonable solution
    test
  19. Shipppp

Shipppp Member

More Guns should do the trick.
    test
  20. imDementeD

imDementeD Member

Police officers aren't trained that fking well, i shoot with quite a few and truth be told, they aren't better then the average gun enthusiasts.
    I know you like to think they are highly trained gun toting bad asses, but fact is they are not.
    Yes people die from accidents, more in car accidents then guns...get a good fking point when arguing...or do you think that we should ban cars?

and trayvon got killed because like most wannebe thugs you think its Ok to beat someone up, well trayvon found out the hard way, that shit doesn't work...
    ....NEXT!

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.